Dynadot

question Has GDPR Killed Outbound?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
What are your thoughts?

For example, you can longer send an email to a direct contact (if the email contains a name) unless they have opted out under the new rules. I

Is outbound finally dead? What are you now doing differently?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Outbound is the same as it always has been, requiring far more than simple 'Similar domain name registrant details' to be effective. Anybody solely reliant on 'Registrant details' for their outbound contact ID's probably wasn't getting very far in the first place

Last edited:
•••
•••
Anybody solely reliant on 'Registrant details' for their outbound contact ID's probably wasn't getting very far in the first place

👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

•••
My day job means I have to contact directors across Europe via their landline, mobile and email - since GDPR very few (less than 10) have asked where I got their details from. My standard response is...."My research team found your details online" and then I move on. Even when they might not be interested, no one has asked me to remove their details from our database.

With my outbound for domains I send an initial email and have had ZERO replies regarding GDPR -

Big fuss about nothing if you ask me!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back