Dynadot

Has anyone heard of OVR/OVER/OverTheReality?

NameSilo
Watch

Sam1234

Top Member
Impact
https://www.overthereality.ai/
I guess they changed their name to OVER.

Basically they divided up the earth into hexagons (~900 sq ft each) and they let you buy a hexagon for $10 worth of their OVR crypto. They have or intend to have) a global AR (augmented reality) network, and by purchasing a hexagon you are buying the right to post whatever 3D/AR content (3D experiences that you can interact with) you want at that actual location in real life. To host content you would have to pay some kind of IPFS hosting fee (I'm not 100% clear on the details).

They have had an SDK and people have supposedly been creating content for a while now. I haven't kept a very good eye on it but I bought about 100 lands a little while back. I got some spots on the white house north lawn, world's biggest skyscrapers (to host content on all floors), great pyramids, spots at some of the Louvre entrances, a bunch of famous stadiums, airports, random spots around Vegas, etc.

They have a secondary market where you can resell your domains. I gather some have sold for high prices but their interface makes it hard to get that data.

I think if this takes off it will be used for advertising, digital art galleries, scavenger hunts, crypto exchanges, etc. I'm holding my lands for now because there are no renewals. For now it's just speculative. I heard a while back that some guy resold a land at Bernabeu Stadium for $400. I bought a couple lands there! But of course those aren't the highest-priced sales, it was just an article about a random guy that made a few hundred bucks.

Has anyone else heard of this? What do you guys think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I bought some lands from Omniscape.com for free.

•••
•••
Looks like a clear rip-off of OVR but nice that they give lands away free, I'm picking some up.

•••
•••
Back