IT.COM

question Has anyone had success registering a domain name that was reserved by the registry?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pathfinderbeacon

Established Member
Impact
I'm trying to register a domain name for a business. It's a 4L keyword for a non .com domain. This is the what the WhoIs page says:

Not available for registration.
Second level domain name is reserved.​

I emailed the domain registry to see if I can reg it, but don't know what will happen. Anyone try something like this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, contact your friendly neighborhood registrar and see if they will make it happen. @Sufyan Alani and I have done such deals many times. Some SLDs are less locked down than others.

•••
Yes, contact your friendly neighborhood registrar and see if they will make it happen. @Sufyan Alani and I have done such deals many times. Some SLDs are less locked down than others.
I was going for cool.name, but it's blocked by Verisign. Just received their email, they said only third level registrations are available.

Cool to be chatting with a registrar CEO here! (Please tell me you're hiring, I'm local! :xf.smile:)

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back