Dynadot

Has anyone else's EPC plummeted?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lord Antares

Top Member
Impact
This month, the same traffic from the same sources brings me a lot less RPC (on bodis).

I'm talking from $0.5 to $0.2. Some are even worse. There's one high traffic but low epc which went from like $0.09 a click to $0.01.

Some keywords get absurdly low earnings, like a "chiropractor" click gets less than $0.1, "medical care" earns similarly.

Even an attorney domain which got me up to $3 per click last month plummeted to $0.39.

What is going on? Is anyone else experiencing this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Some keywords get absurdly low earnings, like a "chiropractor" click gets less than $0.1, "medical care" earns similarly.

Even an attorney domain which got me up to $3 per click last month plummeted to $0.39.
Have you had any increase in the EPC, especially for the attorney or medical domains, since this posting?

•••
Have you had any increase in the EPC, especially for the attorney or medical domains, since this posting?

As I have previously stated, my epc was back after the first week of last month.
However, now it's plummeted again as of October 1st. For example, I got a $0.26 click on a domain which always gets me more than a dollar per click.

I wonder what's going on at the beginning of months. Will keep an eye on it.

•••
We are down at least 30% ( was 0,30$ now 0,20$) mainly restaurant traffic. I'm thinking of trying parkingcrew even though I think it will be the same if not worse. anyone experience from Parkincrew now ?

•••
As I have previously stated, my epc was back after the first week of last month.
However, now it's plummeted again as of October 1st. For example, I got a $0.26 click on a domain which always gets me more than a dollar per click.

I also confirm that the beginning of month is bad and during the second half there is some sort of improvement. Anyone knows why?

Last edited:
•••
•••

We are down at least 30% ( was 0,30$ now 0,20$) mainly restaurant traffic. I'm thinking of trying parkingcrew even though I think it will be the same if not worse. anyone experience from Parkincrew now ?

I also confirm that the beginning of month is bad and during the second half there is some sort of improvement. Anyone knows why?

Hi

my response to above posts would be to view your stats on a yearly basis.
the beginning or end of any month can be high or low, but you shouldn't panic.

most of our domains have been held for years and i'm able to view how each performs on different platforms as they've been rotating.

the biggest variance is the decrease in visitors for some domains, simply because those names get type-in traffic.
however, their EPC has relatively averaged the same, though some epc's have went higher after rotation, some stay the same and some have decreased.

rotation is key, if you're trying to squeeze all the juice. so, if the $ drop at one place, then try another.
so far, i have experienced a $200+ increase on 1 domain, just by moving it from PC to Sedo.

if you have domains with really high traffic, maybe try splitting the nameservers to more than one platform.

ie: ns1.bodis.com/ns2.sedoparking.com or ns1.parkingcrew.com/ns2.bodis.com/ns3.sedoparking.com/ns4.afternic.com/
buy.internettraffic.com/sell.internetraffic.com

or use a parking rotator like above.com

imo...

Last edited:
•••
Hi

my response to above posts would be to view your stats on a yearly basis.
the beginning or end of any month can be high or low, but you shouldn't panic.

most of our domains have been held for years and i'm able to view how each performs on different platforms as they've been rotating.

the biggest variance is the decrease in visitors for some domains, simply because those names get type-in traffic.
however, their EPC has relatively averaged the same, though some epc's have went higher after rotation, some stay the same and some have decreased.

rotation is key, if you're trying to squeeze all the juice. so, if the $ drop at one place, then try another.
so far, i have experienced a $200+ increase on 1 domain, just by moving it from PC to Sedo.

if you have domains with really high traffic, maybe try splitting the nameservers to more than one platform.

ie: ns1.bodis.com/ns2.sedoparking.com or ns1.parkingcrew.com/ns2.bodis.com/ns3.sedoparking.com/ns4.afternic.com/

imo...

@privatereg

What do you think ? how is your "EPC" at the moment ?

•••

Two questions:

1) By using the different nameservers for the same domain, would this potentially overcome the ad-blockers?
2) If you are directly using multiple ad providers like this, are there any issues that you have to be careful about?

•••
I'm currently experiencing one of the worst month beginnings ever earning literally peanuts! What about you guys?

•••
I'm currently experiencing one of the worst month beginnings ever earning literally peanuts! What about you guys?
The earnings would barely even buy peanuts this month!
I decided to move most of my domains out of Ad parking for now, with a possible return after Bodis has its automated maximizer system up by the end of the year.
The good news is that I did test the Ublock on Bodis. While all the parking ads were blocked, it did flip directly to the Dan lander sale page.

•••
It started bad last month, but not that 'bottom of the barrel' bad! It improved during the second half of the month. Curious to see what's next, although I have followed Biggie's advice and trying Sedo at the moment. No expectations really, at least there is a buy it now lander instead of Go Daddy's enquiry form. I have moved to Sedo only domains with viewings, but no clicks.

Last edited:
•••
It started bad last month, but not that 'bottom of the barrel' bad! It improved during the second half of the month. Curious to see what's next, although I have followed Biggie's advice and trying Sedo at the moment. No expectations really, at least there is a buy it now lander instead of Go Daddy's enquiry form. I have moved to Sedo only domains with viewings, but no clicks.
Sounds like a wise move. There were concerns about Sedo being blocked by adblockers, but I tested the UBlock last night. Both with the Ns1/ns2.Sedoparking.com as well as their new Sl1/sl2.sedo.com lNS, there was no evidence of the blocking for the parking lander page.

•••
September revenue was my highest month since I’ve started parking 10 years ago. 20% revenue came from above maximizer and 80% came from other parking services. PC, Bodis rotating via Above.

•••
20% revenue came from above maximizer

Thanks for that. I always wondered the % others get from Above's Max.
Mine is at around 10%

•••
Thanks for that. I always wondered the % others get from Above's Max.
Mine is at around 10%
I’ve wondered the same thing as well. Thanks for sharing Hypersot!

•••
Parking is dead for me at bodis. Visits lowered and clicks absolutely plummeted.

From about 20% ctr to 5%. RPC greatly reduced for some domains. Something is happening at bodis cause it's performing horribly. I will have to switch to above.

•••
Parking is dead for me at bodis. Visits lowered and clicks absolutely plummeted.

From about 20% ctr to 5%. RPC greatly reduced for some domains. Something is happening at bodis cause it's performing horribly. I will have to switch to above.
The Above company states on its website that it is located in Australia. Are there any foreign taxes or other additional expenses for someone using their services not living in their country. This would be all the more of interest for someone like myself, living in the U.S.

Last edited:
•••
I have a higher CTR but the EPC has a high drop.Is here anyone who uses Parkingcrew and can compare with bodis ?

Last edited:
•••
Are these static sites with ad banners?

Hey @Lord Antares have you considered building a site on your top-performing domain name? You could virtually replicate the parking page, install your tracking softwares, then super-optimise your adverts. It's just an idea, but one that I've tried with a triple-improved amount of success. Only suggesting you do this for your top-performer. Have a good weekend everybody, I'm off to the beach. It'll probably rain all day 🌧️☂️.

•••
I have switched to above.com, we will see how it goes. Two questions:

Should I enable parkingcrew premium ads or should I leave it at zeroclick?
I have only added bodis, PC and sedo. Any other good ones I should add?

•••
@Lord Antares ,

are you asking whether you should enable Google's ads or the much lower quality zeroclick? Please confirm because I think the answer is obvious.

As for how many you should add:
unless you have very high traffic (or med/high traffic and good CTR%), the lower the better. Start with 1-2 services plus Above's maximizer, see how it goes and then add 1 more.

You have to have a good grasp of one service's performance before you move to the next or it will take you a *very* long time (with low to average traffic) to figure out how to best set them up.

(Low traffic = on average, single digit daily uniques | Average traffic = low/med double digit uniques)

•••
@Lord Antares ,

are you asking whether you should enable Google's ads or the much lower quality zeroclick? Please confirm because I think the answer is obvious.

Not at all obvious. There's a guy going around the forum, swearing that PC's zeroclick is better. Also, if you have a bunch of services using google's ads, it might make sense to use these other ads to test the difference. So it isn't immediately obvious to me.

I have more visits than what you described although I think Bodis reports just visits rather than uniques (might be wrong though).

•••
@Lord Antares ,
a few posts above someone mentioned that maximizer is at around 20% of their total earnings whereas, in my case, maximizer is at around 10%.

What that basically means is, from all those earnings only 1-2 out of ten times maximiser (aka. non-google) beats premium ads served by the parking services. That ought to be clear what is the way forward.

Moreover, you can never know what a ZC (zeroclick) feed will show to the visitor.. it might be stuff that you would never want your domain to show. For me that's reason enough for my top quality domains to never show ZC feeds.

Just wanted to be clear why I consider the choice obvious.

As for the traffic shown,
Bodis has a very good filtering system showing traffic closer to the reality than most.
Reason however I suggested for you to look at the 'Uniques' is that you will have a common ground to compare the various services with a traffic measurement that is fairly accurate.

•••
Bodis is up and down indeed, but hopefully I got a 4K sale early in the morning after a night of insomnia... I won't have to worry about the renewals till summer.

•••
Back