Dynadot

Has anyone else's EPC plummeted?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lord Antares

Top Member
Impact
This month, the same traffic from the same sources brings me a lot less RPC (on bodis).

I'm talking from $0.5 to $0.2. Some are even worse. There's one high traffic but low epc which went from like $0.09 a click to $0.01.

Some keywords get absurdly low earnings, like a "chiropractor" click gets less than $0.1, "medical care" earns similarly.

Even an attorney domain which got me up to $3 per click last month plummeted to $0.39.

What is going on? Is anyone else experiencing this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
support.google.com/adsense/thread/257193317/my-adsense-earnings-are-down-clicks-do-not-count

Q. "I have a few Adsense websites, but suddenly my earnings are down (around 95%). I don't understand, Why? Daily I got traffic and clicks. But Google stopped counting ad clicks."

A. "Check your reports to see what type of ads have been shown. The last few days, all the ads shown on my sites are only CPM, which pay per impression, not per click.
AdSense is probably in transition with this, blog.google/products/adsense/evolving-how-publishers-monetize-with-adsense
That article was written in Nov. 2023 and it says “early next year” ... well, this is early next year so it's possible they are starting to move through accounts to make some of these changes."

•••
support.google.com/adsense/thread/257193317/my-adsense-earnings-are-down-clicks-do-not-count

Q. "I have a few Adsense websites, but suddenly my earnings are down (around 95%). I don't understand, Why? Daily I got traffic and clicks. But Google stopped counting ad clicks."

A. "Check your reports to see what type of ads have been shown. The last few days, all the ads shown on my sites are only CPM, which pay per impression, not per click.
AdSense is probably in transition with this, blog.google/products/adsense/evolving-how-publishers-monetize-with-adsense
That article was written in Nov. 2023 and it says “early next year” ... well, this is early next year so it's possible they are starting to move through accounts to make some of these changes."

But you still have to click on the ads and you get a separate report for clicks. It's not zeroclick like PC non-premium.

Unless you are suggesting that a click on an ad counts as a visit, and a visit on the parking page counts as nothing, which would be ridiculous for parking.

I think when the switch to cpm is made (if it happens at all), parking companies will switch to zeroclick ads.

•••
The idea is good in theory. Unfortunately, zero click networks are rife with scammy landing pages.
Instead of someone who visits your travel-related domain being forwarded to a travel website, they are often forwarded to fake virus notices, sites that trick users into downloading a plugin, and other scams.

It’s a difficult problem to solve. Advertisers on zero click networks a safe URL to get approved.
Then they will forward the safe URL to a bad URL after the ad network stops paying attention.

Zero click ads will sometimes bounce between several URLs before landing on a final destination.

•••
The idea is good in theory. Unfortunately, zero click networks are rife with scammy landing pages.
Instead of someone who visits your travel-related domain being forwarded to a travel website, they are often forwarded to fake virus notices, sites that trick users into downloading a plugin, and other scams.

It’s a difficult problem to solve. Advertisers on zero click networks a safe URL to get approved.
Then they will forward the safe URL to a bad URL after the ad network stops paying attention.

Zero click ads will sometimes bounce between several URLs before landing on a final destination.

Ok but that doesn't change the fact that charging cpm for a cpc would be crazy. I doubt they are doing that.

•••
now is even worse then ever right??

•••
•••
Every month spent money to buy new domain names and revenue going down. Looks like something goes wrong :)

•••
What is wrong avik34?
You as OG should know better

•••
Google rolled out HCU (Helpful Content Update) and it hit lots of sites that lost ranking and there were sites got deindexed. are you noticing drop in earnings?

•••
I am noticing significant drop in revenue

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back