Dynadot

Has anyone else come across this issue with Namecheap?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Monster360

Established Member
Impact
I'm quite certain, we all have. They make you go through the confirm order page, before you are directed and able to submit payment, which allows their algorithm pick up on your cart before you're able to buy and then magically hit you with a cleverly worded error message stating credit not approved, fraudulent activity detected, worded as though the issue is with you card provider and not with Namecheap. So you backout and try again, and again. Credit not approved contact support. Then you go to refresh and poof like a fairy's fart your cart is now empty. The domain isn't registered yet because you go to google and sure enough able to purchase without a hitch. Point I'm trying to make is Namecheap isn't fooling anyone of us. They need to cut the bullshit.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm quite certain, we all have. They make you go through the confirm order page, before you are directed and able to submit payment, which allows their algorithm pick up on your cart before you're able to buy and then magically hit you with a cleverly worded error message stating credit not approved, fraudulent activity detected, worded as though the issue is with you card provider and not with Namecheap. So you backout and try again, and again. Credit not approved contact support. Then you go to refresh and poof like a fairy's fart your cart is now empty. The domain isn't registered yet because you go to google and sure enough able to purchase without a hitch. Point I'm trying to make is Namecheap isn't fooling anyone of us. They need to cut the bullshit.
Come to find out The error stated credit wasn't approved, suspicious activity yet I was charged have a pending transaction from Namecheap. Hammam. if that doesn't speak volumes

•••
Come to find out The error stated credit wasn't approved, suspicious activity yet I was charged have a pending transaction from Namecheap. Hammam. if that doesn't speak volumes
Looks like the error seems to be fun the payment processor. In case you were using VPN better turn it off.
If that's not the case, Also check once if the billing address and other details are not different from the one on the card.
These are possible reasons. If both are fine, better to contact the support.

•••
Back