IT.COM

question Has anyone accepted Bitcoin (BTC) as payment for a domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AlphaToday

Established Member
Impact
It seems like it would be fairly straight forward. Just have to set up an online wallet at blockchain.info or wherever and transfer the domain as soon as the BTC is received from the buyer. Even better since payment reversals are impossible and a refund would have to be initiated as a new transaction from the seller.

Any thoughts or experience with this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I've already acquired a domain once and paid with btc.

•••
How would escrow work, use third party who allow btc or etc.?

•••
I sold 2 domains for BTC. The funny thing is I forgot about it as they were small sales. Few days back I found out that the value had become 1.33x. So I used it to pay for renewals before it went down again.

With paypal, I would have paid 5% fees. Here I received 33% as fees. :)

Although I would like to add that use trusted BTC vendors, Don't use it for too high amount due to the fluctuating rates, you might end up losing money.

Lastly make sure you get paid in BTC first and then transfer the domain or receive the domain first and then pay via BTC as there is no dispute section.

•••
Lastly make sure you get paid in BTC first and then transfer the domain or receive the domain first and then pay via BTC as there is no dispute section. <- I lol'd. contradiction much

•••
Lastly make sure you get paid in BTC first and then transfer the domain or receive the domain first and then pay via BTC as there is no dispute section. <- I lol'd. contradiction much
Lol. It's for people you don't trust. With paypal you can file a dispute. Over here the user might run away with your BTC/ Domain. Who you gonna call? Cops? :D

•••
Sales are so rare that we usually accept any form of payment short of bartering for goods :laugh:

The bitcoin savvy end users are like unicorns IMO

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back