NameSilo

Has anybody dealt with this buyer before.........?

Located in Reviews, started by MSN-Domains, Feb 29, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. MSN-Domains

MSN-Domains Top Contributor PRO VIP

Colleague of mine accepted a offer on a 3L.com from [email protected] - from my perspective the email alone looks totally shady, i personally would of never accepted a email like that personally, as the red flags are present on the email alone.

Has anybody here had any dealing with this buyer, numerous alarm bells once the deal was in escrow.com. At this point, would like to close things off - wondering if this is some known trickster and other things are at play. i.e. front-running - offering swaps on stolen names

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. HappyW

HappyW Collector VIP

3. koolishman

koolishman Established Member

I do have a ymail ID and I am not a spammer. :xf.smile:

The contents should trigger skepticism, not mail ID alone.

4. Hypersot

Hypersot Top Contributor VIP

Free emails are a no-no for doing business imo.. so, yes, email alone is a cause for 'scepticism'

5. koolishman

koolishman Established Member

Do you think free Gmail is considered as spam?

Also, what mail service do you use for communication with potential clients?

6. Hypersot

Hypersot Top Contributor VIP

ending in @gmail.com? yes, definitely. I frown every time I receive a gmail email as I consider it a lazy approach to business.

I use my own email from my hosting provider and, everyone I do business with, they also use their own emails.
    It shows professionalism doing so or, at least, it shows that you care.

7. jamie white

jamie white Networkun

I have to agree, especially if you are dealing with clients working in the 4 figures and up area. On here i provide my Gmail email for paypal, But outside of small business transactions with major clients i use my business email provided with my .world domain.

8. Haroon Basha

Haroon Basha IZUQ.COM VIP Gold Account

The topic is taking a different turn from the actual concern of the OP @MSN-Domains
    Emails are certainly not a criteria to judge one's trustworthiness.

9. jamie white

jamie white Networkun

i wouldn't go based off trustworthiness - but if i was selling a domain for more than a few thousand, and someone with a Gmail or Yahoo email sent me a message - I think it does raise a few red flags. Like first of all - how can you afford a domain that cost 4+ digits but you can't afford or have the business sense to get a professional email address.

10. taheny

taheny Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I wouldn't place too much concern on the use of a personal email address. It maybe a deliberate tactic - the buyer may not want the seller to know they are from a major company.

11. Furquah

Furquah Brand Ambassador INDIA Epik.com Staff VIP

Yea it's look a random email ID but a quick search show this person had some names or owned names in the past.

IMG_20200229_143634.jpg

12. ultradog

ultradog Established Member

Tell your friend to use Escrow's concierge service for the transfer. It's much safer.

13. Pay.My.id

Pay.My.id Established Member

Be carefull is one of great key in order to prevent in harmful transaction. For little transaction, especially via paypal , using gmail , yahoo , and another free email still okey . May be you could ask another email or him / her company email. Escrow service would be better option to manage deal transaction.

14. Anees Ahmad

Anees Ahmad Established Member

That's cool! How did you get it?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  15. Save Breach

Save Breach Established Member

Maybe they are a proxy buyer doing a stealth acquisition on behalf of another bigger company, you won't usually reach out with your actual company email address, as this gives an opportunity for a seller to give higher counter offer. Still, has to be dealt with caution.

This makes me believe they have done stealth acquisitions or, quick flips in the past too^^

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  16. NicTraders

NicTraders Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

Reverse Whois.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice