IT.COM

Handreg'd names vs Estibot value

NameSilo
Watch

S8Power

Established Member
Impact
I know Estibot is not the holy grail but ... every now and then I notice free (.com) names with an Estibot value between 250/500 and 1.000 USD. A few weeks ago I would just register them but now I am thinking how it is possible you can get those names for only regfee. Am I just "lucky" or just missing a point:)

How are my chances getting low-mid xxx for such names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do not trust their values. There are countless domains that are available for reg fee that estibot has a high value on.

Maybe if you found one in the $xx,xxx range in value it might have some real resale value but the cheap stuff like that is more than likely only worth reg fee.

•••
Please don't be sucked in buying domains that eBot values at $1000. All newbies make this mistake (me included) and you would be lucky to get the reg fee back.

The only way to value a domain is to research and go with your gut instinct -- even then without the right buyer it is very easy to get it wrong.

How are my chances getting low-mid xxx for such names?

Slim ! VERY slim.

Best,
Paul

•••
In the last two years, I've wasted countless dollars buying according to the estibot's valuation.
To make the matter worst, most of those names were not .com
estibot has some roles to play for a domainer; allocating the market value is not one of them.

•••
Thank you for your opinions guys.

•••
Thank you for your opinions guys.
You are most welcome. We'd hate to see someone waste money for no good reason. Learning about things like this is all part of the domaining learning process that we all go through. Good thing is that you asked about it instead of continually registering names that won't be able to be sold.

•••
I am thinking how it is possible you can get those names for only regfee. Am I just "lucky" or just missing a point

If only more people were wise enough to see this....Instead, most new domainers either think domaining is easy money, or that they are especially good at being able to see the value in these names that everyone else has overlooked. By the time a name is available to hand reg, it has been looked at dozens, if not hundreds of times by experts.

That's not to say that you can't make money, especially in the lower ranges that you are asking about. But you do need to know exactly what the market is, who will be the buyer and how will someone use the site to make money. There are experienced domainers who can flip hand regs all day for high $XX or even low $XXX, but it takes some time to get that skill and to have the network and experience to connect a buyer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back