IT.COM

discuss Hand reg is your friend, no matter what others say

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Dear beginners,

Everyone here was a beginner when they started investing. Not everyone starts domain investing with $5,000. Especially for people who are from developing countries, $5,000 is like 2 years of groceries. In fact, that is one of the reasons why domain investing is one of the most attractive businesses. You can start off with literally $500 or maybe $100 even.

Especially for people starting off with less than $500
Trust me, no matter what people say, it makes sense that when you are starting off, you go for hand registration and control your sales rather than sit on a number of names in your first year, waiting for the buyer to come and press the BIN button. So, I would advise you to go for hand-registration names in the beginning and control your destiny by selling them via outbound, or active reach out.

As you start making some sales, and you have a spare $1,000 apart from some cash flow, you can start getting in more liquid names - 4L .COMs, experiment with .CO, .XYZ and so on. But start with something you can sell actively!

Do let me know if you have any questions about hand registration.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dear beginners,

Everyone here was a beginner when they started investing. Not everyone starts domain investing with $5,000. Especially for people who are from developing countries, $5,000 is like 2 years of groceries. In fact, that is one of the reasons why domain investing is one of the most attractive businesses. You can start off with literally $500 or maybe $100 even.

Especially for people starting off with less than $500
Trust me, no matter what people say, it makes sense that when you are starting off, you go for hand registration and control your sales rather than sit on a number of names in your first year, waiting for the buyer to come and press the BIN button. So, I would advise you to go for hand-registration names in the beginning and control your destiny by selling them via outbound, or active reach out.

As you start making some sales, and you have a spare $1,000 apart from some cash flow, you can start getting in more liquid names - 4L .COMs, experiment with .CO, .XYZ and so on. But start with something you can sell actively!

Do let me know if you have any questions about hand registration.
Pls I'm a beginner in this niche, where do I start from? I have few domains which look slightly good, I'm just trying to learn and get better with them.

Thanks

•••
Pls I'm a beginner in this niche, where do I start from? I have few domains which look slightly good, I'm just trying to learn and get better with them.

Thanks
Don't read this piece of advice that has been given by the OP. You'd be better off giving the money to me than to start of just handregging crap. JK....at least about giving the money to me.

Head to the beginner's section and start off from there. Read a lot of them. Read the blogs that are posted here, read other blogs of the domaining world, and just absorb as much information as you possibly can. And check out the threads of other sales to get a better sense of what sells.

From there, the journey is all yours to take. Good luck.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back