Dynadot

analysis GTLDs spotted ! Exposure brings value

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Have you seen a new .extension (new gTLD) being marketed by a business out in the open

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    47.7%
  • No

votes
    45.7%
  • Maybe

votes
    6.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Alessandro Couteau

Top Member
Impact
I was watching TV the other day, and to my surprise, I saw a new .extension GTLD being marketed on television : and not just low traffic local channels, I am talking about universal exposure ... The premiere trailer for the release of the new marvel film,

Morbius

Honestly, I cannot say I know anything about Morbius

But I like the fact that a GTLD was used to market and advertise the release

Morbius.movie

~

which brings me to this - I’d like to create this “newsworthy thread” to allow others (wether you are a .com investor or new .extension investor) to post GTLDs they see publicly advertised or out in the open - pics are great too !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I see Booking.Yeah commercials but there's no .Yeah is there? Maybe one of the Crypto people should make that a thing haha
You're right, ".yeah" isn't an existing tld, nor one expected in the future at this time ("real" tld, accessible with classic DNS). This ad may be kind of a mistake, because yes, it quite looks like a domains. It isn't. At all.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Sure, I see these pretty frequently nowadays in the US.

The other day I saw a .solutions name on a work truck for some local company. I forget the specific URL, but it was an exact match of their company name.

.church seems to be somewhat popular

The ngtlds really open up the possibilities of finding an affordable domain. Fact is, .com is less important than ever. Nice to have in some cases, but totally unnecessary nowadays. (And this is coming from a guy who has had a portfolio made up mostly of .com's for nearly 20 years now)
.com has the best resale value however and likely always will

•••
.com has the best resale value however and likely always will
Impossible to predict market with only 37 years of history ^ we may not even have domain .extensions 10 years from now

Gotta think ahead

•••
•••
•••
@Alessandro Couteau and everyone else, can you please put some context behind the post? I would have liked to track this thread but getting spammy with just inputting a domain link. I have thousands of new gTLD websites I could just put here in that case.

For example, where did you see the domain advertised or out in the open; media ad, building, truck, billboard, fair, theatre, shirt etc.

Impossible to predict market with only 37 years of history ^ we may not even have domain .extensions 10 years from now

Gotta think ahead
Technology-wise, 37 years old is impressive and there's a lot to glean from it! To use for thinking ahead.

•••
Pssst. Sssssshhhhhhh...just seen one in the wild.

There's a very cheesy yet successful advertising campaign that has maybe stretched for 10 years for a UK based insurance comparison website, namely - GoCompare .com

Now, they have pivoted to a new GTLD - Go.Compare

They are becoming more mainstream IMHO and I know they're notdotcom but I for one like them. They're different and they are used by people WhoAreThinkingOutsideThe.Box

Rgrds,

Redd

•••
•••
They are becoming more mainstream IMHO and I know they're notdotcom but I for one like them. They're different and they are used by people WhoAreThinkingOutsideThe.Box

dot COM is the undisputed leader for commerce websites. I have purchased a few nTLDs (see sig). Dot ORG is a solid contender too. IMO, it depends on the sector and the motive. End result$$ may vary and timing is everything.

•••
I have just published another 20 webmaster related services sites using gtlds Can't post own stuff. <-----------------------

•••
you not seen mine ninja.tk on the TV, but on google ads. that i sure. i spent lot of money just for that.

•••
you not seen mine ninja.tk on the TV, but on google ads. that i sure. i spent lot of money just for that.

.tk isn't a new gtld I'm afraid, it's been around for an age... It's a cctld

Last edited:
•••
.tk isn't a new gtld I'm afraid, it's been around for an age.
You were right, I'm totally wrong. I just google .tk and it say it a ccTld not gtld, I never know that so sad.

•••
You were right, I'm totally wrong. I just google .tk and it say it a ccTld not gtld, I never know that so sad.
Hehe. Don't be sad about it. 😄

•••
I was watching TV the other day, and to my surprise, I saw a new .extension GTLD being marketed on television : and not just low traffic local channels, I am talking about universal exposure ... The premiere trailer for the release of the new marvel film,

Morbius

Honestly, I cannot say I know anything about Morbius

But I like the fact that a GTLD was used to market and advertise the release

Morbius.movie

~

which brings me to this - I’d like to create this “newsworthy thread” to allow others (wether you are a .com investor or new .extension investor) to post GTLDs they see publicly advertised or out in the open - pics are great too !
you can look for "it's morbin time"

•••
.tk is for the tokelau islands

•••
•••
that's the one that gave domains away for free (they injected ads though). Long time ago...
Yes, quite funny a whole country's tld was given away for free 😆
While .io (which is only a for a british territory, not even a country) was selling for 60$

But I still see their website here, but not working. Did they stop ? What is the price now?

•••
With so many reserves and "premiums" I don't think exposure is bringing too much value

•••
The reason .com:s are so popular is for two reasons.
  1. They make up the vast majority of the popular web, and is therefore thought of as the standard (it's often assumed that a company uses the .com extension).
  2. Their register- and renewal prices are heavily regulated.
Every new attempt to launch a new gTLD has had its controversies. It's often not in order to provide end-users with new opportunities, but to make as much money as possible from those gullible enough to invest in these extensions.

It also doesn't help that a lot of malware sites tend to use the alternatives due to their accessibility, which have hurt the reputation of non-.com:s.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back