Greetings to you all; I'm new domain investing and eager to learn

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Atwei

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone!

I hope all is well with you all.

You can call me Atwei -- your resident introvert/extrovert, and I've been living in Doha, Qatar for many years.:xf.smile:

Although I've read many articles and watched videos regarding domain flipping, I still find it daunting.:xf.eek: Therefore, I would love to use some of my free time to learn more about it. I find listing on multiple sites simultaneously, verifying ownership and all the other technicalities overwhelming, but I'm sure in time, I'll grasp it all.

Have a super and safe day!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello and welcome to nps! Take lots of time to read and learn here before investing too much.

•••
•••
•••
Hello and welcome to nps! Take lots of time to read and learn here before investing too much.
Hi ya Mister!

Thanks for your wise words. Yes, I'm starting off lightly; I currently own 6 domains and have about 200 others written, but will not purchase any more until I've made my first sale or so. So, yes! It's all about caution for me, especially as I fell very late to the whole domain flipping business.

I welcome any further advice along the way — all the best!

•••
Hi @Atwei ,

Welcome aboard 🤝.

An average domainer doesn't need that much technical skills . You will definitely learn it soon. Making profit is the harder part. Usually it takes time.

As a beginner, I would suggest you to spend less and learn more. Trust me, most of us wasted so much money on mediocre domains thinking it could make millions.

Watch auctions and sales reports to get a better idea about sales. There are plenty of articles available hear for beginners. Checking them out would save you money and time.

And finally always feel free to ask if you have any doubts. This is a great community.

Best regards,

Anees Ahmad

•••
Hi @Atwei ,

Welcome aboard 🤝.

An average domainer doesn't need that much technical skills . You will definitely learn it soon. Making profit is the harder part. Usually it takes time.

As a beginner, I would suggest you to spend less and learn more. Trust me, most of us wasted so much money on mediocre domains thinking it could make millions.

Watch auctions and sales reports to get a better idea about sales. There are plenty of articles available hear for beginners. Checking them out would save you money and time.

And finally always feel free to ask if you have any doubts. This is a great community.

Best regards,

Anees Ahmad
Assalaamu alaikum Anees,

Thank you for your lovely welcome and detailed advice. I have been gauging many auction sites for a good while now to get a feel for what kinds of names appear profitable; selling well. Although, I am quite surprised about some 2 or 3-word combinations which I don't feel are great but sell well! I guess 'great' domains are subjective too.

I feel lost at the moment, but I'm here to grasp it all.

BTW, if you've had any sales, which sites do you feel are best for selling domains?

Thanks and regards,

Atwei

•••
Hello Atwei, welcome to NamePros

•••
Hello Atwei, welcome to NamePros
Hello Aelko!

Thanks very much. If it's not a bother, could you kindly explain briefly the 'impact' part beneath everyone's profile, please? I see you have a high number. Take care

•••
Hello Aelko!

Thanks very much. If it's not a bother, could you kindly explain briefly the 'impact' part beneath everyone's profile, please? I see you have a high number. Take care

Like a dog chasing cars,..., You don't know when you get one....!

•••
Assalaamu alaikum Anees,

Thank you for your lovely welcome and detailed advice. I have been gauging many auction sites for a good while now to get a feel for what kinds of names appear profitable; selling well. Although, I am quite surprised about some 2 or 3-word combinations which I don't feel are great but sell well! I guess 'great' domains are subjective too.

I feel lost at the moment, but I'm here to grasp it all.

BTW, if you've had any sales, which sites do you feel are best for selling domains?

Thanks and regards,

Atwei
DMed you in detail.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
watched videos regarding domain flipping

whole domain flipping business.
Hi

i suggest you erase the phrase "domain flipping" from your mind.

it's more than a flip,
as it takes so much more to explain from the lips, than what can be seen in a video or written in a few articles.

some may hold domains for a decade or longer, before selling, and that's not a flip...
but more likely it's a high margin profitable sale.

it's more about timing, as in when and what to buy, and when to sell or not.

keep reading and learning, then let's add up how many flips you do.

Good Luck!

imo...

•••
•••
Hi

i suggest you erase the phrase "domain flipping" from your mind.

it's more than a flip,
as it takes so much more to explain from the lips, than what can be seen in a video or written in a few articles.

some may hold domains for a decade or longer, before selling, and that's not a flip...
but more likely it's a high margin profitable sale.

it's more about timing, as in when and what to buy, and when to sell or not.

keep reading and learning, then let's add up how many flips you do.

Good Luck!

imo...
Hi there,

Thanks for your response, but yeah, you're absolutely right as this stuff can be time-consuming; well it is for me at the moment as I'm still learning a lot. So it's definitely more than flipping...

In terms of timing, as you mentioned, could you kindly further elaborate on that? Also, how useful is searching about what's trending over a period, say on Google Trends, then buying domains according to that?

Thanks again

•••
•••
•••
In terms of timing, as you mentioned, could you kindly further elaborate on that? Also, how useful is searching about what's trending over a period, say on Google Trends, then buying domains according to that?
Hi

here is a link to post, where an example of how "timing" is essential for investors
https://www.namepros.com/threads/xyz-investments-are-they-wise.1264743/#post-8508085

also, don't recommend registering anything from Google trends, because i don't think, at this time...
that you know what to look for yet.

imo...

•••
Hey Biggie,

Thanks; I appreciate all your insightful responses.

One more question, from your experience, which sites would you say are better for selling brandable domains and which ones for keyword specific and numerical domains ? Thank you.

Have a great day!

•••
Welcome to the community @Atwei. We've all got something to learn

•••
Welcome to the community @Atwei. We've all got something to learn
Hey Jhm,

Thanks for your welcome. I'm sure you're much more of an expert than me. I am trying to fit learning more and more into each day into my hectic schedule.

I'm a bit confused about simultaneously listing domains in different sites. I need to get on top of it...

From your experience, where would you suggest I sell brandable domains and where would you suggest for keyword domains?

Thanks!

•••
Back