Dynadot

Greetings from American Domainer in China!

NameSilo
Watch

Pazu

Established Member
Impact
My name is Andrew. I'm from the USA, but currently living in Beijing, China as a university lecturer. Maybe you could consider me an early-intermediate level in the domain industry. I bought my first domain when I was just becoming a silly teenager about 20 years ago - funmp3s.com - which I dropped due to lack of interest and concern about copyright violation at the time. I wish I had followed up on my dream of making a ramen website!

I got back in by buying a few .com/s about three years ago when I started an online teaching business. Now I have about 100 domains, mostly because I got over-zealous in purchasing .world when it came out.

Reading the forums here, there are obviously mixed feelings about gTLDs. I've already dropped a couple dozen because I realized the renewal costs will eat me up, but have continued to hold on to many to sell like drive.world, savethe.world, freedom.world, girlfriend.world and work.world. I've posted many in the market here.

So far, I've had two .world sales for over $1000 each (herb.world and jump.world) and am hoping to finalize my third and largest sale yet this month. I posted on sedo and uniregistry but the turn-around is slower than I had anticipated, so I came here looking for more opportunity and ideas.

I don't anticipate making substantial speculative purchases in the future, though I am interested in acquiring domains related to my business ideas for development, which mostly relate to online education as you can see below, none of which I really want to sell:

ai.education / ar.academy / ar.education / ar.school / ar.training / mixedreality.school / mixedreality.training / mr.academy / mr.school / mr.training / teach.education / teach.world / teacher.world / virtualreality.education / virtualrealityschool.com / vr.academy

Am I on the right track? I'd like to learn about appraising current and future values of gTLD, negotiating skills for buying and selling, and finding effective new methods of selling my domains other than sedo and uniregistry.

This community is an amazing resource, the industry is fun and interesting, and I look forward to learning and sharing ideas with you all!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Platinum.world sold for >$2000!

•••
•••
Welcome to NP! I have a few .world too.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back