IT.COM

advice Great Way to Find Potential Buyers for Your Domains (Free)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mdrn

Upgraded Member
Impact
I'm fairly new here but have been lurking for a while. I thought I'd share a method of finding free, potential buyers. It mainly only works for one-word domains.

For example, take the domain "random.com"

We're going to try to sell to people who have their social media usernames/handles as @random.

The easy way to check this is to use a site, like namechk.com

It will show you 20+ social media websites and easily clickable links to those profiles.

Click the applicable links and reach out to them to see if they're interested in your domain.

You may need to sign up to the social media sites to message them or you may find their contact information in their profile info (ex. Instagram bio).

Good luck! I hope this helps some of you.

(Also if this is in the wrong section, let me know. Thanks!)

u2wCwK5.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That site barely works, many false taken/available. It would be better to hold off until the account holder contacts you instead giving you the upper hand in negotiating.

•••
That site barely works, many false taken/available. It would be better to hold off until the account holder contacts you instead giving you the upper hand in negotiating.

I've used this site for years and it has worked well for me. If this one doesn't suit you, there are plenty more just a google search away!

The false takens can be due to username suspensions and other reasons, but honestly, I haven't had too many issues.

And sure, if your domain is premium, it may be smarter to park and wait rather than reaching out.

•••
I've used this site for years and it has worked well for me. If this one doesn't suit you, there are plenty more just a google search away!

The false takens can be due to username suspensions and other reasons, but honestly, I haven't had too many issues.

And sure, if your domain is premium, it may be smarter to park and wait rather than reaching out.
Yeah I'm sure someone took nameprosapplewaffle on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Imgur, Pinterest, Reddit and got banned on all.

•••
Yeah I'm sure someone took nameprosapplewaffle on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Imgur, Pinterest, Reddit and got banned on all.
Hence other reasons but it's not a big deal, just move on to the other ones? haha just trying to help my guy!

Reaching out via social media is basic outbound, this just makes it easier to contact exact matches.

•••
By the way - I am in no way affiliated with namechk.com. It's just the site I've used for years now.

There are others like:
namecheckr.com
namecheck.com
instantusername.com

•••
If you’re looking for extremely strong prospects related to your domain - I’m using a method and tool that’s working incredibly.

feel free to get in touch

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back