Dynadot

status-review Got scammed on purchasing a domain name at auction section

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheBuyerz

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

Around 8 hours ago, I sent 90$ to @Buy.name in order to purchase shop.ws domain name... because like he said to me from PM, that the highest bidder didn't paid 100$, and then he purposed to me to get it for 90$.

Full post here:
Hi TheBuyerz

I want the Shop.ws domain name to receive money early - The highest bidder rejected my current BIN of $ 100.

If you want to get the Shop.ws domain name immediately and don't need to wait any longer, I will lower the BIN price to $ 90. And you can own Shop.ws now after the transaction is completed.

If you agree to trade immediately. Please pay to your paypal account: [email protected]

Note: Immediately after payment, please submit your account name and ID information at your Namesilo.com here, so that I can push the Shop.ws domain name to your account immediately. Pushing the Shop.ws domain name to a new account takes only 1 minute, very quickly

Currently, I have unlocked the Shop.ws domain name and am ready to push right away.

Auction in question: https://www.namepros.com/threads/shop-ws.1178201/

I just opened a dispute on Paypal in order to receive a refund ! I made a big mistake to not suggest using intermidiare like DAN.COM to complete this transaction...

I insited from him to push the domain name into my account, and received this message from him:

Sorry for making you wait. Shop.ws is a special type of domain name and every time I push Shop.ws through my new account, I get Namesilo's notice that the push for this type of domain will be done manually. Please wait patiently, I know Shop.ws will be pushed to your account within 1 day.

Namesilo notices
The domain name is in the process of transferring to a new account

Because Shop.ws is the domain name ending in .ws
So the transfer process will be handled manually by Namesilo staff.
Verification takes place from 24h to 48h

But it is certainely a lie, I never hear something like this before ... pushing domain names on namesilo is instant between their own user accounts.

Do this forum can help to get a refund from that scammer ?
Or receive enough datas from him in order to take legal proceedings using IP etc... ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got the same private message from this scammer, but he changed the price to my bid $60. My lucky that I didn't deal with him, smelt something weird here.

I just checked the way these users post, @Buy.name ame and @dinhxuanchinh are same person. And he from Vietnam (I know from his name).

•••
Its another reason new members should be restricted from selling til they reach actual milestones and make themselves known here. I distrust any posting in the market area by a brand new member and I think everyone should.

This still should not be the only way to trust someone. I have seen members here who have been members for years and committed scam. Best I would say is to use a proper escrow service like Dan.

•••
In any case i posted his posts to paypal community. If they want to take action i think they can.

•••
OK after made a research on Vietnamese community, I found the information of this scammer:

His real name: Dinh Xuan Chinh
Address: 378 Thuy Khue, Tay Ho, Hanoi, Vietnam.
Phone number (he used to use this, not sure currently): +84.888826660

I will try to find his Facebook and photo, will update with you guys soon.

p/s: Funny that this guy is still online and is watching this thread.

@TheBuyerz @lotk @kite26

Last edited:
•••
To scammer @Buy.name : You'd better refund all your victims now, or I will continue the research and find who you are. I will also notify to all Vietnamese community about your information and how you scammed others here. Think about this!

•••
Update:

His second phone number: +84.868661247

•••
Sad to hear..

Hope you guys recover you money.

•••
•••
He is banned but he can still contact us and watch our private messages.

•••
•••
I just received this message from the scammer, @Mod Team Echo can confirm and will be a good thing since paypal is reviewing this thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-08-19-06-22.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-08-19-06-22.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 267
•••
I hope PP to do the right thing: To fully refund us and ban him FOREVER!!!

•••
He is banned but he can still contact us and watch our private messages.
The member can reply to existing direct messages but can not create any new direct messages. It's important that restricted members can reply to existing messages so they can communicate with members/moderators and initiate refunds. It's unfortunate that this member appears to have no intention of refunding.

•••
The member can reply to existing direct messages but can not create any new direct messages. It's important that restricted members can reply to existing messages so they can communicate with members/moderators and initiate refunds. It's unfortunate that this member appears to have no intention of refunding.
At least Paypal is investigating this thread? To fight our last hope to get refund.

•••
At least Paypal is investigating this thread? To fight our last hope to get refund.

Let's hope PayPal does the right thing and refund your money.

•••
Let's hope PayPal does the right thing and refund your money.
Man, he confessed his acts!!!Omg!!What else???I don't really need to say anything!!!

By the way, it's my post number 5000. I have promised to post it for another thread, but never mind.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry for being late to this thread. I received the same DM from him too, for $60. It was so obviously a scam. Breaking NP's rules. The very first thing I did was google "Shop.ws". The #1 link at that time was this... https://www.namepros.com/threads/shop-ws.1115851/ This timeline agrees.with the register of Shop.ws The very next thing I did was report him to the mods. I'm sorry for your losses @TheBuyerz @lotk, and to anybody else caught up in this thread. It's very likely the creator of both threads is the same person. I think it demonstrates that however good NP's checking is, it's not thorough enough. But you/we all should be aware that we enter into these auctions with our eyes wide open. We cannot blame anybody but ourselves. If it smells like a scam, don't part with any money. Stay away!

Last edited:
•••
It would prevent quite a bit but not all of it.

Just a week or so ago, I got an urgent pm from an old user. Very old user (member since 2009). They asked to borrow some money to pay for an auction. Said I would be paid back within a day, with interest.

I didn't think much of it and sent the money via paypal.

The person disappeared. I only sent one pm asking if they were okay and letting them know not to stress if they needed more time. I got no reply.

Next thing I know, Mod Alpha or whatever, chimes into the conversation that the member had done it to others and got some violation. The member hasn't come back.

Moral....use extra caution.

Sorry to you guys that got scammed here.

Got same message. dont blame u was about to “loan” him as well, u have a kind heart, @Silentptnr
i was, lucky in college. by the time i came out, he was 85-100% restricted, echo entered dm 2

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing. I would like mod echo to share how many people this said person pm. For all we know, could have scammed more, hope not massive scheme, DM persuasive.

On this scheme. It's unlikely to be anybody who has not bid on it in the auction. They have all expressed an interest to buy the domain. I don't think anybody who has not expressed an interest to buy this particular domain would make a good target for scamming.

•••
On this scheme. It's unlikely to be anybody who has not bid on it in the auction. They have all expressed an interest to buy the domain. I don't think anybody who has not expressed an interest to buy this particular domain would make a good target for scamming.

I was not involved in this auction

but i got the same DM, same manner
same circumstances, probably same person.
His DM almost made me tear up. But was in school. sounds like exit plan, since he needed to “pay for auction” “by today”

Mod echo entered dm and surely prevented this would-be scammer from scam me

Last edited:
•••
If PayPal can't handle this situation, I don't see benefits to use centralized service to pay online... atleast with bitcoin we know the money can't be revoked and we haven't to spend all this time for a lost cause in advance.

Especially that the scammer's responses on paypal resolution center have neither tail nor head!

•••
I was not involved in this auction

but i got the same DM, same manner
same circumstances, probably same person.
His DM almost made me tear up. But was in school. sounds like exit plan, since he needed to “pay for auction” “by today”

Mod echo entered dm and surely prevented this would-be scammer from scam me

And how did you respond?

•••
And how did you respond?

i didnt. only after i came out of class I said;
“Sorry was in college, just came out; not b4 “was long gone” i’ll invite you to the convo, if you want. You can see how you prob fell for it.

I said “is it too late”? and got no reply, but next echo himself. if echo didnt appear, biggest giveaway was guy already 85-100% restricted

Last edited:
•••
•••
I just received this message from the scammer, @Mod Team Echo can confirm and will be a good thing since paypal is reviewing this thread.

He lied, I'm sure this guy live in Hanoi, Vietnam.

Any Mods/Admin of this forum can check history of his account and find what IP addresses he used to login.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back