Dynadot

status-review Got scammed on purchasing a domain name at auction section

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheBuyerz

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

Around 8 hours ago, I sent 90$ to @Buy.name in order to purchase shop.ws domain name... because like he said to me from PM, that the highest bidder didn't paid 100$, and then he purposed to me to get it for 90$.

Full post here:
Hi TheBuyerz

I want the Shop.ws domain name to receive money early - The highest bidder rejected my current BIN of $ 100.

If you want to get the Shop.ws domain name immediately and don't need to wait any longer, I will lower the BIN price to $ 90. And you can own Shop.ws now after the transaction is completed.

If you agree to trade immediately. Please pay to your paypal account: [email protected]

Note: Immediately after payment, please submit your account name and ID information at your Namesilo.com here, so that I can push the Shop.ws domain name to your account immediately. Pushing the Shop.ws domain name to a new account takes only 1 minute, very quickly

Currently, I have unlocked the Shop.ws domain name and am ready to push right away.

Auction in question: https://www.namepros.com/threads/shop-ws.1178201/

I just opened a dispute on Paypal in order to receive a refund ! I made a big mistake to not suggest using intermidiare like DAN.COM to complete this transaction...

I insited from him to push the domain name into my account, and received this message from him:

Sorry for making you wait. Shop.ws is a special type of domain name and every time I push Shop.ws through my new account, I get Namesilo's notice that the push for this type of domain will be done manually. Please wait patiently, I know Shop.ws will be pushed to your account within 1 day.

Namesilo notices
The domain name is in the process of transferring to a new account

Because Shop.ws is the domain name ending in .ws
So the transfer process will be handled manually by Namesilo staff.
Verification takes place from 24h to 48h

But it is certainely a lie, I never hear something like this before ... pushing domain names on namesilo is instant between their own user accounts.

Do this forum can help to get a refund from that scammer ?
Or receive enough datas from him in order to take legal proceedings using IP etc... ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, you can can invite others to the conversation.

**edit- silent says mod chimed in.. not same as an invitation.
There was no invitation. I think they perhaps had reason to review that members messages or something. I have no idea how they knew.

I dont post PMs. At least I havent yet.

The member was active with over 200 positive trade deals.

•••
•••
@Silentptnr willing to share who it was? Just in case someone else gets contacted outside of NP?

•••
Remind me of this thread if we ever try business.

•••
Hello,

Please add Mod Team Echo to the direct message you have with the seller so we can investigate further.

Thanks.

•••
•••
Hello,

Please add Mod Team Echo to the direct message you have with the seller so we can investigate further.

Thanks.

Added you into the conversation.

Thank you

•••
•••
To prevent another scammed auction , Namepros could provide internal escrow (only for NP members) to secure all transaction. Pay a little fee for escrow is better than losing our money on scammed transaction.

•••
There is a lot of legal implications to be an escrow company. NP would need to partner with escrow.com or some other escrow company.

•••
Thanks guys for sharing this scam! I hope both will get refunded as soon as possible!

•••
I have already added mods. I am explaining some things to him to do the right thing, to refund me.

•••
Anyone other than the scammed people done business with the below person before? This is the contact info from paypal.

Xuan Chinh Diinh
[email protected]

•••
•••
•••
Update: Account closed / Unethical Business Activity detected / Please contact your financial institution and/or payment processor to inquire about their dispute process.

For Internal Use ONLY: https://www.namepros.com/warnings/95043/

•••
@namesilo It seem that the scammer is trying to convice PayPal that he transferred the domain name for one of us (The 4 scammed people).

Is there something you can do in order to help figure out this situation ? something like the domain pushing was between her/his own accounts only ?

Thank you

•••
@namesilo Please check:
Screenshot-1.jpg

Screenshot-2.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg

Screenshot-4.jpg

Screenshot-5.jpg

Screenshot-6.jpg

•••
This guy is sending everyone he scams the same messages. I'm posting the image (message) here because PayPal is reviewing this thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200307-212219_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200307-212219_Samsung Internet.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 320
•••
Seriously, crazy that someone would risk their reputation over $90 or $100 this community is typically safe and I trust most here, but this domain shop(.ws) has been listed here multiple times and seem to be a scam running for long time. In this case I think he sold it to more then one person so he may have gotten $500 or $600 off it. I am glad I didn't pay as I got a pm from him saying pay $90 right now and I'll send you the domain instantly.

•••
•••
New message by him before a while:
Screenshot-7.jpg

•••
New message by him before a while:
Screenshot-7.jpg
What the....what a message. I have never seen someone admit scamming like that. Wow

•••
Its another reason new members should be restricted from selling til they reach actual milestones and make themselves known here. I distrust any posting in the market area by a brand new member and I think everyone should.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back