Dynadot

question Got a cold email from an old dot com domain I registered 6 years ago.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BDMG

Impact
I have always considered selling several unused domains I own. Or at least the ones I think other people might be interested in. I do have a few that are more personal/vanity so it would be a very niche group for those. Earlier today late last night I got an email asking if I owned a domain and if I was planning to use it or planning to "leave it".

Before I just reply back "yes I'll sell it to you." should I keep anything in mind? Thye did NOT make ANY inclination that they were interested in buying my domain. So, they may just say thanks but no thanks when I reply.

Even if it works out and they want to buy it I would need to learn how to do that safely.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are fishing. Don’t offer what they haven’t asked for. No offer or even asking if for sale its a lowball domainer most likely trying to be casual about it. Is it close to expiration?

If you are interested in selling put it up on Afternic or DAN with make offer. Good Luck.

Last edited:
•••
Did you check to see if there were any recently registered trademarks associated with the domain?
You could always ask if they are seeking to buy it, and, if so at what price? The Afternic/Dan approach mentioned above might be a simpler way of dealing with it, though.

•••
They are fishing. Don’t offer what they haven’t asked for. No offer or even asking if for sale its a lowball domainer most likely trying to be casual about it. Is it close to expiration?

If you are interested in selling put it up on Afternic or DAN with make offer. Good Luck.
Thanks for the info. You may be right. It expires in a month. So it is close to expiration.
Did you check to see if there were any recently registered trademarks associated with the domain?
You could always ask if they are seeking to buy it, and, if so at what price? The Afternic/Dan approach mentioned above might be a simpler way of dealing with it, though.
I have not checked but I will look at the US trademark site tomorrow, that's a good idea.

•••
While you didn't cite the exact wording of the email from the way you retell it it comes across as rude. Its really none of anyone's business what is it that you do with the domain or whether you do anything at all.

•••
While you didn't cite the exact wording of the email from the way you retell it it comes across as rude. Its really none of anyone's business what is it that you do with the domain or whether you do anything at all.
Well if it is real, it appears he is from India. And maybe it is English is his second language. I don't think it was rude. basically it said:
"Hi do you own the domain name ...... ?(it is listed in the appraisal forum) If so do you plan to use it for some usecase? If not are you planning on leaving it."

•••
Shall i reappraise hehe.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back