Dynadot

new gtlds Google launches .new domain shortcut registrations for businesses

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Businesses will be able to register their own domains with an extension of .new to take users to a website for creating content.

During an initial limited registration period starting December 2, 2019, and running through January 14, 2020, any company will be able to register a domain name using the .new extension. The .new domain serves the same purpose for businesses as it does for Google's own G Suite. It's designed to easily take users to a page for creating online content or generating some type of action.

read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds great! But

How can you take Google domains seriously, when they’re still in beta.

longest beta in the history of beta? all industry!

Last edited:
•••
Sounds great! But

longest beta in history of beta? all industry) lol!

Gmail spent 5 years in beta, but this is off-topic.

Do we really need an extension though for new content creation instead of /new at the end of a url? a few characters saves yes, but I'm not sure having another domain for this makes much sense. Anyone see good use cases for this?

•••
Gmail spent 5 years in beta, but this is off-topic.

Do we really need an extension though for new content creation instead of /new at the end of a url? a few characters saves yes, but I'm not sure having another domain for this makes much sense. Anyone see good use cases for this?

It’s interesting to see them add, wondering if anyone knows of a longer beta (ever..)
Thx for response. Google Domains 5 yrs beta, but unlike Gmail; still didnt exit beta stage.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Businesses will be able to register their own domains with an extension of .new to take users to a website for creating content.

During an initial limited registration period starting December 2, 2019, and running through January 14, 2020, any company will be able to register a domain name using the .new extension. The .new domain serves the same purpose for businesses as it does for Google's own G Suite. It's designed to easily take users to a page for creating online content or generating some type of action.

read more
Thanks for the info :)

•••
More the new tlds, rank of .com increases i feel.

•••

read more
Confusion. Can't grasp it.

•••
.baby
.horse
.new
.google
.evil
.crap
.good
.luck

:xf.wink:

•••
Its a new opportunity for .new business owner

•••
most questions , how price?

•••
•••
It does seem a long time for a company that has become a major registrar, handle multiple TLDs including a few successful ones, etc. I found this statement (from years ago) direct from a Google representative on what Beta means to them:

"We have very high internal metrics our consumer products have to meet before coming out of beta. Our teams continue to work to improve these products and provide users with an even better experience. We believe beta has a different meaning when applied to applications on the Web, where people expect continual improvements in a product. On the Web, you don’t have to wait for the next version to be on the shelf or an update to become available. Improvements are rolled out as they’re developed. Rather than the packaged, stagnant software of decades past, we’re moving to a world of regular updates and constant feature refinement where applications live in the cloud."
They have in past kept many highly polished services, like GMail and Docs and many others, in beta for more than five years after introduction. I see it as more a positive - Google are very careful re quality control prior to taking a product off beta.

Bob

•••
Here is the link to the policies re .new. Note that it must be used as an action redirect, and is not a general purpose extension. As such, I see it as something some companies should note, but probably not a domain name investment opportunity. It is a secure https space, as other recent TLDs from Google are (.app, .page .dev). Google itself has been using it since March as a time saving shortcut in G Suite. I could not find regular pricing anywhere - does anyone know it?

Bob

Last edited:
•••
•••
from 101 its appear $549.99

•••
Here is the link to the policies re .new. Note that it must be used as an action redirect, and is not a general purpose extension. As such, I see it as something some companies should note, but probably not a domain name investment opportunity. It is a secure https space, as other recent TLDs from Google are (.app, .page .dev). Google itself has been using it since March as a time saving shortcut in G Suite. I could not find regular pricing anywhere - does anyone know it?

Bob

it is Funny I think. I'm try to search from 101 and price is appear for 549.99 but I cant reach those domain on google domain

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 275
•••
Last edited:
•••
it is Funny I think. I'm try to search from 101 and price is appear for 549.99
Yes I see that NameStat is showing registrars with $540 to $650 prices mainly. I wonder if that is EAP pricing, or if that is regular pricing clearly this is for end users only. But sometimes prices are shown at higher EAP prices and then reduced at time general availability comes round.

Last edited:
•••
interesting, more structure and function; but, I'm still privvy to @ENSdomains

-have a special day

•••
from 101 its appear $549.99

Cheapest one appears to be at Gandi with $384
https://tld-list.com/tld/new

EDIT:

Requirements and INFO for .new

Extension Requirements
.NEW is open to anyone but all domain names must be used for action generation or online content creation where the user should be able to “create” something without any further navigation. Examples from Google include docs.new and slides.new, which resolve to a new document creation page. Any .NEW domain name need to be live within 100 days of registration. Domain names that do not comply with these requirements may be suspended or deleted for non-compliance. Before registering any .NEW domain name, please read the Registry registration policy.

The .NEW extension is on Google's HSTS preload list, meaning that HTTPS is required for all .NEW websites and pages.

This tld is NOT for domainers who love to keep them parked for months / years until they sell.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Cheapest one appears to be at Gandi with $384
https://tld-list.com/tld/new

EDIT:

Requirements and INFO for .new

Extension Requirements
.NEW is open to anyone but all domain names must be used for action generation or online content creation where the user should be able to “create” something without any further navigation. Examples from Google include docs.new and slides.new, which resolve to a new document creation page. Any .NEW domain name need to be live within 100 days of registration. Domain names that do not comply with these requirements may be suspended or deleted for non-compliance. Before registering any .NEW domain name, please read the Registry registration policy.

The .NEW extension is on Google's HSTS preload list, meaning that HTTPS is required for all .NEW websites and pages.

This tld is NOT for domainers who love to keep them parked for months / years until they sell.
Good information, thank you :)

•••
not going to reg any .new names, but was searching out of curiosity and one of the better names for this extension (imo) is still available

BRAND.new

•••
Who generates these loosing ideas for Google?

•••
Back