IT.COM

Google fail listed - Anyone ever got their domain 'unfail listed'?

NameSilo
Watch

v5x

Established Member
Impact
I think most people have one or two domains in their portfolio that have been faillisted by Google for some reason or another. But when they decide to block one of your top earning domains from being monetized via their feeds it's a real shame.

I have a domain that has been doing consistently well over the last few years but has now been blocked. It receives a fair bit of traffic and this is all organic/type-in.

Has anybody ever managed to get or even seen this decision reversed? What possible steps can the domain owner take (if any!) to try to get Google to reconsider their decision - or at least give a reason why it was blocked? I've read through the forums posts from over the years and it seems that chances of getting it unblocked look.... rather slim.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't know of anyone that has had this reversed or of any possible steps to have it reversed. Heck - Parking Crew doesn't even get the details on chargebacks so the best you can do to try and figure it out is search if any of your domains have fail listed in the past month. Google has no interest in treating parking investors with any kind of respect for the billions they earn from this category. Best I've ever done is had PLogic remove an adult classification.

Ignoring a malicious attempt by someone (former domain owner, enemy, etc. especially if you don't use privacy) to fail list your domain - one obscure reason and one that happened to me is:

A typo received 2 new, very well trafficked backlinks when the link creator misspelled the actual intended link (twice) and instead linked to my typo. I couldn't understand the traffic and revenue increase. My typo had no other backlinks except the 2 that were created. Within 3 weeks if was fail listed.

I've had reasonable success with some fail listed domains by moving them to Skenzo. Not all produce there but a few do exceptionally well on their Yahoo feed.

•••
Years ago when I actually parked domains I had some unfailisted. That was probably due to me being a top notch stand up bro and having my parking account reps make the request for me. :ROFL:

Now if something I buy is faillisted I don't care as they all go to sales pages anyway.

Last edited:
•••
If it makes you feel better..
In my portfolio of feeble handregs and dismal dropped domains, I had one gem (which I purchased) that was earning OK with Bodis. It was getting near 30 type-ins/day. For some reason I thought I'd test parking with Sedo & Rook last week. Now maybe this is a coincidence, but at the same time it became faillisted.
Devastating. The parking dream becomes a nightmare as all my other domains are rubbish for parking. To put this in context, tier 2 earnings on my failisted domain still exceed rest of portfolio.
Well at least it's not deindexed or banned from Adsense, so guess the development potential remains.

•••
I have some domains with the same problem.
EX M a s t e r s t r o k e . x y z

upload_2017-5-14_21-14-57.png

This was due to previous owner did something wrong with that domain.
How can i remove google's warning?

Thanks for your help.

•••
do you guys know why your domains or the op's domain got suddenly failisted just like that.. out of the blue and practicially for no reason.. how does that work? or there are reasons for it?

•••
They were faillisted before we bought.
I bought them without knowing their status with google.

When i clicked to see the sales landers, I got this error.

•••
yes I know.. I meant for the original poster.. and others who got them failisted after buying and parking.

•••
@alcy might help me to get rid of them from google.

•••
I have some domains with the same problem.
EX M a s t e r s t r o k e . x y z

Show attachment 58399

This was due to previous owner did something wrong with that domain.
How can i remove google's warning?

Thanks for your help.

you can try Google Webmaster tools and from there ask google to remove warning from your domain, I got success same way for one of my domain.

hope it's help.

•••
yes I know.. I meant for the original poster.. and others who got them failisted after buying and parking.

@alcy - This the explanation I got from Bodis:

I have just taken a look at your domain name, #######.com, and it appears that it was recently faillisted/disabled by our Tier1 ad provider between May 9-11. This tends to occur following parking revenue chargebacks due to low quality traffic/clicks.

We use Tier2 ads in order to continue monetising Tier1 faillisted domains. Rest assured that your domains can still generate considerable revenue with our Tier2 ads.

With Tier2 ads, visitors are automatically redirected to the external websites of our advertising affiliates. Any earnings generated are based upon CPM (cost per thousand visitors) as opposed to EPC (earnings per click).

•••
I heard back from my parking account manager and they informed me that a few other high traffic domains have been faillisted by Google at the same time as mine (in other user accounts). Not sure why Google is faillisting high traffic domains!

•••
I recently bought a LLLL.com here at NP and put it on GD cash parking. I noticed no ads were appearing and they have advised its on a faillist and I checked and it appears to be Google doing this. Here's the email:

The domain name ----.COM, in your cash parking account, has been faillisted by our primary feed provider and the limited ad screen currently displaying on the domain are from our secondary feed provider. Feed providers can fail listed domains for any reason and we have no insight into the specific reasons why a domain is fail listed.

Unfortunately, this is a permanent status and cannot be reversed.

Per the Cash Parking Terms & Conditions, the ad provider will not pay out any revenue generated to Go Daddy, and as such, earnings will not be paid out to you. If you have any questions, please contact your Premier Services representative for further assistance regarding this matter.

Regards,

Václav W. Růžička
Aftermarket Support Group
Tier II
GoDaddy.com, LLC

@Donny from Voodoo, can this be switched to you to show ads or would it be the same?

•••
Getting a domain unfaillisted is not something that happens very often. I've seen it happen twice. Ever.

Donny

•••
Only Google decides when to unban them...
Such cases are very rare, so usually this ban is forever... even if the domain was dropped and reregistered by another party...
The most popular reason: click fraud by the previous owner(s).

Last edited:
•••
I bought them without knowing their status with google.
Use Bodis "Domain Status" tool or the same feature at ParkingCrew before your regs or purchases...

•••
I've got one, GD will park it, just won't run ads. Not a big deal really, not a lot of income from my LLLL.com domains anyhow as far as ad revenue. Voodoo will not park it at all.

It's an aged .com so someone probably abused parking over the years. The good thing it's just an ad issue and nothing more.

You'd think in almost 2018 when domains change owners this would reset since the new domain owner had nothing to do with click fraud. O_o

•••
@mad409 , you can park any domain with us whether it's faillisted or not, we just won't show ads either. But if it's a trademark, then we block it completely.

The reason they don't unfaillist domains, is because a domain may have been sold because of the bad stuff the original person was doing. I know it sounds stupid, but if you think about it, it does make a little sense.

Donny

•••
Only Google decides when to unban them...
Such cases are very rare, so usually this ban is forever... even if the domain was dropped and reregistered by another party...
The most popular reason: click fraud by the previous owner(s).

Should we drop faillisted domains?

•••
•••
@mad409 , you can park any domain with us whether it's faillisted or not, we just won't show ads either. But if it's a trademark, then we block it completely.

The reason they don't unfaillist domains, is because a domain may have been sold because of the bad stuff the original person was doing. I know it sounds stupid, but if you think about it, it does make a little sense.

Donny

When I tried it went to failed, not sure how I get it live without ads. Doesn't appear to be auto, what did I miss?

•••
Actually I just checked multiple Google ad tools and it's not banned there but there are a few ad tools it's banned at. I seem to be conflicting results depending on where search.

Oh well tier two GoDaddy parking will work fine looking for an end user. :)

•••
No they can still be sold to an end user to build out on.
They also can be monetized via ZeroClick at ParkingCrew...
And very often even better than using Google PPC.

•••
We've gotten a few un-faillisted. But it has to be a very rare, super premium, single word generic .com domain from the 90s. If it ain't worth $250k+ then it's not going to get un-faillisted, typically.

It also has to have been fail listed so long ago, that no one even remembers why/when it was fail listed in the first place.

•••
We've gotten a few un-faillisted. But it has to be a very rare, super premium, single word generic .com domain from the 90s. If it ain't worth $250k+ then it's not going to get un-faillisted, typically.

It also has to have been fail listed so long ago, that no one even remembers why/when it was fail listed in the first place.

Will faillisted names perform at all at Bodis?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back