Dynadot

Google Desktop Search Release

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thanx, I got a co-worker to try this out on her machine. so far it works pretty well, and hasn't caused any problems on her machine. I may try it myself soon :lol:

cheers

•••
anyone from namepros try it yet?

•••
I've done a few searches, but to me it's not really necessary since it's a newer computer with only a few gigs of files, so I pretty much know what's on it and where it is.

•••
man you would have to have a pritty full hard drive to need a search engine to find your files lol

•••
blackmac44 said:
man you would have to have a pritty full hard drive to need a search engine to find your files lol
lol yeah

•••
It works out well. But iam worried about privacy.

•••
blackmac44 said:

In my opinion that's not the real use for this tool; it's not about locating files but locating specific files that contain the information you're looking for. It's a subtle difference, one that you will appreciate if you need to deal with documents on a daily basis. The same applies to email messages, if you ever need to find that important information that was emailed to you 'somewhere last year' you have a new friend in the Desktop search tool.

Regarding privacy issues, I've been using it for a couple of days here and it has not tried to call home yet, which does not mean that it won't. :|

•••
i think i should download it, have 80Gigs of files on my computer . .... hope me luck! HAHAHA

•••
blackmac44 said:
not really, its a nice tool to have even with a small hard drive.

•••
Anyone hear about potential privacy concerns with this seemingly useful tool?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back