Dynadot

domain Good,Ok,Worthless? New at domains need advice - amoneytransfer.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dansdomainarbitrage

Established Member
Impact
I am new at domains and bought all of these and wanted to get an idea if I am doing an ok job in domains others would want to buy?

These are all for sale or will be once I put them for sale.

If you are interested in any let me know but even if you are not if you think they are in general good,ok or worthless please tell me.

amoneytransfer.com

backgroundsearchfree.com

cashinclub.net

cashringoffire.com

catallergysymptom.com

chasemanhattanmortgage.com

cooljob.org

dateidea.org

eddiction.net

enginemarketingsearch.com

equityloansbadcredit.com

freetogoodhomedogs.com

hotelnapavalley.net

houseconcept.org

intranetsearchengine.com

itravelmag.net

lawyerlawyer.net

listofmillionaires.com

lostsocks.net

medicalinsurancedallas.com

oldcoinsbritishsale.com

onetelugumedia.com

paydaycashloan.net

payithere.net

readyformore.net

searchinsurance.net

sjwz8.com

smalldogsforadoption.com

stereocaraudio.com

thejetstream.net

topamaxforweightloss.com

trabajos-online.com

tractorwheelweights.com

uberchef.net

uksearchengines.com

whatisasearchengine.com

woodenbirdcages.com

wwedivasearch.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Short answer is that there's not one single way to brand well.

There are only so many names and words that can make a direct connection with an industry in a non-limiting way. And then you have to consider trademarks, uniqueness, memorability, etc. So businesses often need to think a bit less literally to help themselves stand out.

A name like Amazon creates a loose association to the desired idea and feel for the business. It's positive. It creates a nice visual. It's short and memorable. Everyone knows how to spell it. Those are all big check marks when it comes to choosing a brand name.

And as a domainer, beyond the fact that it's a short, common, single word, this kind of name is highly desirable because it can be used creatively for any number of industries. Increased versatility means more potential buyers.

So if you could afford a direct connection like Facebook clearly did and still did not do it or Amazon.com also probably could and clearly did not would you?

I understand the appeal in both of their names I am just saying if you can afford it and are planning to make a million dollar business why wouldnt you only target a direct connection and my point still applies today.

speedystore.com is available
Buy Now Price
$2,499.00*

speedyshipping.com is available
$3,995.00

onlinedeals.com is available
Minimum Offer Amount
$97,500.00*

fastdelivery.com is available
Buy Now Price
$49,400.00*

These are not that expensive and there is all the one word names I am leaving out.My point being a more direct connection clearly was realistic when they came up with Amazon.com instead

•••
So if you could afford a direct connection like Facebook clearly did and still did not do it or Amazon.com also probably could and clearly did not would you?

I understand the appeal in both of their names I am just saying if you can afford it and are planning to make a million dollar business why wouldnt you only target a direct connection and my point still applies today.

speedystore.com is available
Buy Now Price
$2,499.00*

speedyshipping.com is available
$3,995.00

onlinedeals.com is available
Minimum Offer Amount
$97,500.00*

fastdelivery.com is available
Buy Now Price
$49,400.00*

These are not that expensive and there is all the one word names I am leaving out.My point being a more direct connection clearly was realistic when they came up with Amazon.com instead

I get what you're saying, but those names are all limiting in one way or another (despite being great domain names). Why would they want to pigeonhole themselves as any of those things when they're so much more?

If I were starting that kind of company from scratch, and putting a ton of money behind it, I'd absolutely want a generic, non-specific one word name that can encompass whatever I want. That way I define the brand, instead of the brand defining me.

•••
I get what you're saying, but those names are all limiting in one way or another (despite being great domain names). Why would they want to pigeonhole themselves as any of those things when they're so much more?

If I were starting that kind of company from scratch, and putting a ton of money behind it, I'd absolutely want a generic, non-specific one word name that can encompass whatever I want. That way I define the brand, instead of the brand defining me.

If you grow big enough you would redefine the brand anyway as as the younger generation of Americans when they hear the word Amazon out of context they will think of the company before the rain forrest.

I would still assume to be called Fast.com or Speedy.com or Quick.com would all be much better than Amazon.com as it would only help your business to have those labels.

The name Amazon.com does not imply they are so much more if you had never heard of it before.I would assume it was a rainforest website.

They did redefine the name though but any name you pick you would do that anyway.

It would be like take the largest brand names outside of USA that most Americans have never heard of and let us assume what their names mean.

Even the biggest brands in Canada that most people from USA have never heard of would be a good example.

Last edited:
•••
always thought this was an interesting choice. Been around a long time. Don't think I heard of them till the twinkie scare a few years ago.

bimbo.jpg

•••
always thought this was an interesting choice. Been around a long time. Don't think I heard of them till the twinkie scare a few years ago.

Show attachment 80115

I have never heard of them but I wouldnt be surprised if some younger Americans in college or younger have never heard that word before.

The word bimbo means slut in USA or it did back when Americans said the word.

Does the word have other meanings in the country this brand comes from before they created this brand?

•••
If you grow big enough you would redefine the brand anyway as as the younger generation of Americans when they hear the word Amazon out of context they will think of the company before the rain forrest.

I would still assume to be called Fast.com or Speedy.com or Quick.com would all be much better than Amazon.com as it would only help your business to have those labels.

The name Amazon.com does not imply they are so much more if you had never heard of it before.I would assume it was a rainforest website.

They did redefine the name though but any name you pick you would do that anyway.

It would be like take the largest brand names outside of USA that most Americans have never heard of and let us assume what their names mean.

Even the biggest brands in Canada that most people from USA have never heard of would be a good example.

Unless you're buying a ridiculously descriptive domain name, the truth is that you'll never know what a company does until you actually visit the site. That's why they need to spend money on branding and marketing.

You say Fast.com would be better. Fast at what? I would assume they're a delivery service.

And yes, if you throw enough money at the brand and grow the company to the size of Amazon, it doesn't really matter what short name you call yourself.

I'm still not sure why we're talking about the merits of single word domain names used by multi-national corporations. The whole reason you started this thread was to ask for the value of ACashTransfer.com. I don't see the correlation.

•••
BIMBO
bimbos, bimboes. Slang.
a foolish, stupid, or inept person.
a man or fellow, often a disreputable or contemptible one.
an attractive but stupid young woman, especially one with loosemorals.

Shorterwinters is from Canada too, and I have never heard that word used in reference to #3

Your original post, you asked for appraisals I did a little research on amoneytransfer.com and it still comes back reg fee to maybe $75. iMoneyTransfer,com is parked reg 16 years ago, dropped, snagged 1 year ago, just sitting there now.

Hope this helps

•••
Unless you're buying a ridiculously descriptive domain name, the truth is that you'll never know what a company does until you actually visit the site. That's why they need to spend money on branding and marketing.

You say Fast.com would be better. Fast at what? I would assume they're a delivery service.

And yes, if you throw enough money at the brand and grow the company to the size of Amazon, it doesn't really matter what short name you call yourself.

I'm still not sure why we're talking about the merits of single word domain names used by multi-national corporations. The whole reason you started this thread was to ask for the value of ACashTransfer.com. I don't see the correlation.

The correlation is that there was more valuable names than Amazon.com and Facebook.com they both could of bought that were "better" than what they picked.

I think it is obvious that the name is less important if you throw enough money at it like they both did.

That they both could of afforded better names in the first place is the problem.

Fast.com is way more related than Amazon.com as just one example.

•••
BIMBO
bimbos, bimboes. Slang.
a foolish, stupid, or inept person.
a man or fellow, often a disreputable or contemptible one.
an attractive but stupid young woman, especially one with loosemorals.

Shorterwinters is from Canada too, and I have never heard that word used in reference to #3

Your original post, you asked for appraisals I did a little research on amoneytransfer.com and it still comes back reg fee to maybe $75. iMoneyTransfer,com is parked reg 16 years ago, dropped, snagged 1 year ago, just sitting there now.

Hope this helps

Bimbo in USA is an older term from any American I have ever heard say it they would define it like #1 and #3 or ONLY #3 and only women were called a bimbo when I heard someone say it.

A floozy or hussy is similar all 3 words sound more nice to say than slut.

I wouldnt be surprised if many Americans under 25 have never heard those 3 words before.

Slut or skank and many more have replaced them.

You think amoneytransfer.com is worth $75?

As of now I am just building each site the value of the domains now even if I could double my money on each of them that I paid isnt good enough for me.

Be easier to sell things on them and put ads but easier said than done since I am new at it.

If it works or not time will tell but I know how to make a basic website now and before I made this post I did not.

•••
Would you share the names you have sold, and how you sold them? Thanks

•••
Would you share the names you have sold, and how you sold them? Thanks

Sure I can tell you that.

missworldkenya.com is the one I sold for $500 I wonder how much more the buyer would of paid but all the negative things people told me in this thread this domain alone proved to me that either through luck or skill you can make money with domains.

I dont know what I have spent total on domains but I might be at a small profit now.I bought that one for around $30 I think.I could look it up if it mattered.

searchinsurance.net for $70

ywcaniagara.org for $50 this domain I thought was so stupid when I did research on it "after I bought it" that it is based on small area for ywca. I would of sold it for $20 but the buyer didnt know that.

I sold all 3 on Godaddy.com

Is that what you wanted to know?

•••
Sure I can tell you that.

missworldkenya.com is the one I sold for $500 I wonder how much more the buyer would of paid but all the negative things people told me in this thread this domain alone proved to me that either through luck or skill you can make money with domains.

I dont know what I have spent total on domains but I might be at a small profit now.I bought that one for around $30 I think.I could look it up if it mattered.

searchinsurance.net for $70

ywcaniagara.org for $50 this domain I thought was so stupid when I did research on it "after I bought it" that it is based on small area for ywca. I would of sold it for $20 but the buyer didnt know that.

I sold all 3 on Godaddy.com

Is that what you wanted to know?
Great info, thanks

•••
•••
So I sold SJWZ8.com for $1.25 today to someone in Dubai.

I just did not want to build a website for it as I felt it was too worthless and I did not want to renew it.

Plus I can learn how to transfer domains in godaddy account to account.

I have a basic website for all my domains now but https://onetelugumedia.com/ which I also plan to sell for 1 cent on ebay just to be rid of it.

What do you all think of keywordrevealer.com and the info they give about the domains as a broad search?

You can see their info I am talking about for free on https://dansawesomestore.com/pages/domain-names-for-sale next to the domain names.

If some of you think that info about them is accurate than I can target those domains to build a website that gets more traffic.

I guess you all might be the wrong people to ask as it doesnt seem like you buy domains based on this info true or not.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back