Dynadot

domain Good,Ok,Worthless? New at domains need advice - amoneytransfer.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dansdomainarbitrage

Established Member
Impact
I am new at domains and bought all of these and wanted to get an idea if I am doing an ok job in domains others would want to buy?

These are all for sale or will be once I put them for sale.

If you are interested in any let me know but even if you are not if you think they are in general good,ok or worthless please tell me.

amoneytransfer.com

backgroundsearchfree.com

cashinclub.net

cashringoffire.com

catallergysymptom.com

chasemanhattanmortgage.com

cooljob.org

dateidea.org

eddiction.net

enginemarketingsearch.com

equityloansbadcredit.com

freetogoodhomedogs.com

hotelnapavalley.net

houseconcept.org

intranetsearchengine.com

itravelmag.net

lawyerlawyer.net

listofmillionaires.com

lostsocks.net

medicalinsurancedallas.com

oldcoinsbritishsale.com

onetelugumedia.com

paydaycashloan.net

payithere.net

readyformore.net

searchinsurance.net

sjwz8.com

smalldogsforadoption.com

stereocaraudio.com

thejetstream.net

topamaxforweightloss.com

trabajos-online.com

tractorwheelweights.com

uberchef.net

uksearchengines.com

whatisasearchengine.com

woodenbirdcages.com

wwedivasearch.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Learn abou domina authority, nothing to do with the name itself...If
domain authority is high that is a good thing for start, but most endusers want great name for their brand, company, service etc... They usually dont know/care about DA.

Ok I will check that out right now but even what most of you would call a bad domain name if they could prove they do so much sales/traffic/revenue that most you consider to be good I find it hard to believe most of you wouldnt be interested in it?

Sure many final buyers might think that name is bad for a brand but clearly to some degree that wouldnt matter since there would be proof to suggest otherwise.

•••
Maximum domains reg free. Please spend the time good domain searching then registered.
Searchinsurance.net may be valuable if u developed .

•••
Maximum domains reg free. Please spend the time good domain searching then registered.
Searchinsurance.net may be valuable if u developed .

Maximum domains reg free.

What does this mean?

It doesnt sound like most of you develop any of your domains.

Do you do that jmaurya?

•••
Thanks everyone, some great advice here (y)

•••
If they could sue me based on TM than why could I legally buy the website in the first place?
You didn't buy a website but a domain name.
Why were you able to register it ? Because registrations are automated and registrars do not vet each registration going thru their system. You might have been a representative of the bank, or someone authorized to register the name on their behalf. How are they supposed to know.

Buying names is much easier than selling them. In fact, it's not hard to find 'OK' domains. Anybody could register domains better than yours. So there is no incentive to buy yours. They would have to be somewhat special or desirable.
If you find a name that is still unregistered, ask yourself why. And what are the odds you will sell a name for $,$$$, that nobody picked for $10 while it was available. People hate paying a premium for a domain, so they will just keep looking until they find something 'good enough' for their purpose. They will buy on the aftermarket only if they have a compelling reason (ie business use) or need a specific domain, or can't find anything suitable in the pool of available domains.
Would you buy your own domains ? Have you ever bought a domain on the aftermarket and what's the most you've paid ?

•••
Kate,

You didn't buy a website but a domain name.

I talked about making a website with ads on it before this and not selling it.

Why were you able to register it ? Because registrations are automated and registrars do not vet each registration going thru their system. You might have been a representative of the bank, or someone authorized to register the name on their behalf. How are they supposed to know.

This is a lazy argument and for items like guns or beer they have legal ways so they do know.If someone wants to buy beer and a gun and they dont know they cant legally do it they cant be sued for that.

If a stores argument was they might of been 21 and how are they supposed to know it just doesnt work.

Laws in our country are really hypocritical and stupid anyway assuming you are from USA.Let your reasoning apply to beer and guns also and tell me what you think of that.

Buying names is much easier than selling them. In fact, it's not hard to find 'OK' domains. Anybody could register domains better than yours. So there is no incentive to buy yours. They would have to be somewhat special or desirable.

Buying them is easier than selling them that is clearly true.

Anybody could but yet they dont and most Americans probably will never buy a domain.To say there is no incentive to buy mine is an outright lie.

All domains even the worst ones are special as they are literally the only version of it.

If you own theworstdomaininhistory.com well guess what only you own that.The same isnt true for the worst football card I own.

What is desirable is clearly debatable and the historical sales of domains only adds to that.

If you find a name that is still unregistered, ask yourself why. And what are the odds you will sell a name for $,$$$, that nobody picked for $10 while it was available.

Selling it for over $1,000 is much more rare but for around $100 is not that rare.

People hate paying a premium for a domain, so they will just keep looking until they find something 'good enough' for their purpose. They will buy on the aftermarket only if they have a compelling reason (ie business use) or need a specific domain, or can't find anything suitable in the pool of available domains.

Generally speaking that can be true but looking at the historical sales of domains it is obvious people pay $10 and sell domains for over $1000 and some way more than that.

Most clearly work on the domain and add a website but some do not.

Would you buy your own domains ? Have you ever bought a domain on the aftermarket and what's the most you've paid ?

After doing some research a few seem worthless but it seems even the most worthless domain could be turned into one of value if you knew how to put in a website and made it rank to the top.

unmillenniumproject.org

Would you even pay $10 for that if you saw it for sale?

I mean just based on the domain name alone with no other research.

I would assume most of you domain resellers would pass on it but I could be wrong.

It sold for over $15,000 less than 3 months ago.

It seems to have a website that is doing something to justify that but I doubt the domain name itself was why it sold for so much.

To answer your question the most I have paid is $30 or so it was an expired one.

Last edited:
•••
The following are my tips but the posts above pretty much covered the main points.

1) Dont judge a value of a domain based on what estibot says
2) Try to avoid hand regging
3) Save your money and buy higher quality names
4) Stick to 2 words maximum
5) I personally try not to buy anything over 12 characters in length.
6) Buy only .Com
7) Dont buy anything containing hypthens or numbers, unless its some crazy rare NNN.com, NNNN.com for example.
8) Use sites like namebio.com and dnpric.es to see what other domains are selling for to give you an idea of what sells and for how much.

•••
Dont use estibot for evaluations.
Dont post estibot evaluations here, sorry we laugh when we see those.
Just because a school brands a 3 word .com doesnt mean the .net has value. Maybe opposite is quite narrow. I’ll take a closer look at all replies including yours when i get home.

•••
Hey @Dansdomainarbitrage,

You have a lot of great questions, and I understand a lot of your frustrations. Domaining is a strange new world. Probably the most frustrating thing about it is that it takes so much time and effort to begin to figure out how it works. No one has all the answers, and the best any domain-dedicated site can do is help to steer you in the right direction.

When I first started buying domains, I had the very same thoughts you're having now. I bought names early before doing much research, thinking they were unique and valuable.

After learning that it takes more than uniqueness and an automated appraisal to sell a name, I decided to try my hand at making a website to increase the value of one of my names. The name was SpermGrowth.com. I built a small information site to help men with low sperm count. I added links to affiliate products and tried to get advertising. It was a fairly respectable-looking site, with good information and original content. But... it made absolutely no money in advertising or affiliate sales. I put it up for auction, but received no bids. A year later, I let the name expire.

You're absolutely right that a crappy domain name can be used to build a quality website. And if you can drive enough traffic to that website, it could have significant value. But these are the key points to remember when considering this model:
  • The value of your domain will come from the traffic, not the name.
  • Building a large amount of traffic means having excellent content, capable of ranking your site well versus its competitors.
  • Creating excellent content takes either a lot of time and know-how or a lot of money. If you don't have one, you'd better have the other.
Buying and selling domain names should be viewed like any other profession (or even any other hobby). The harder you work at it, the better you'll do. And if you want to make money doing it, you absolutely need to work hard and learn from your mistakes. I've been at it for two years, and I'm proud to say that I have actually made money (about $2,000 to date). Sadly, this likely puts me in the top 10% of people who have ever tried domaining.

There are a lot of senior members here giving you some really great advice. I would suggest absorbing as much as you can, and swallowing the rather large pill of recognizing that you know nothing.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're ever looking for a little guidance. I'm always happy to chat.

Joe

Last edited:
•••
•••
MasterOfMyDomains,

So I bought some more domains that went against estibot.I ignored what estibot said.

SecurityCamerasHome.com

Domain Authority 12
Page Authority 9

Vantaidvn.com

Domain Authority 8
Page Authority 20

WhatCollegeDegree.com

Domain Authority 6
Page Authority 21

So what do you think of these?

Just because a school brands a 3 word .com doesnt mean the .net has value. Maybe opposite is quite narrow.

True but for the few I have bought I I will message them and ask them if they want to buy it.

I saw one domain where the .com was owned by a coffee chain in new york and the .net or .org was owned by a different company in California.

When you click the California link it immediately redirected to their main site name which was a completely different .com name.

Your thoughts?

•••
Joe Nichols,

The value of your domain will come from the traffic, not the name.

Many of the people who replied to me could got straight to that point much faster but thank you.

Clearly the traffic is more important than the name generally speaking.

I find it hard to believe if you had a terrible domain name with amazing traffic that you could 100% prove was legit that someone wouldnt pay you decent value for it.

unmillenniumproject.org sold for $15,000 and I know I am new to this but that name doesnt look worth that at all to me.I assume the website or traffic must be amazing.

So lets check it out.

Domain Authority 67

Page Authority 45

Generally speaking doesnt this say this is a profitable website?

• Building a large amount of traffic means having excellent content, capable of ranking your site well versus its competitors.
  • Creating excellent content takes either a lot of time and know-how or a lot of money. If you don't have one, you'd better have the other.

There is people that clearly know how to do this that I should talk with.

Buying and selling domain names should be viewed like any other profession (or even any other hobby). The harder you work at it, the better you'll do. And if you want to make money doing it, you absolutely need to work hard and learn from your mistakes. I've been at it for two years, and I'm proud to say that I have actually made money (about $2,000 to date). Sadly, this likely puts me in the top 10% of people who have ever tried domaining.

That is great.

So did you earn that by flipping the name only? or did you have to build up every website to increase the domain value?

There are a lot of senior members here giving you some really great advice. I would suggest absorbing as much as you can, and swallowing the rather large pill of recognizing that you know nothing.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're ever looking for a little guidance. I'm always happy to chat.

Joe

Thanks Joe,

Dan

•••
SecurityCamerasHome.com

Domain Authority 12
Page Authority 9

Long and not the right order. Home Security Cameras is the correct term.

Vantaidvn.com

Domain Authority 8
Page Authority 20

What is it supposed to mean?

WhatCollegeDegree.com

Domain Authority 6
Page Authority 21

Doesn't really make much sense.

I would suggest you stop buying domains and do more research.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
bmugford,

What do you think of unmillenniumproject.org?

You would of ran away as fast as possible from that clearly and the one who bought it sold it for over 15 grand.

Do you know how to make your domains Domain Authority & Page Authority go up that high because if you did the perfect name doesnt seem to matter.

Do you research this stuff? or just domain flip with no website?

•••
unmillenniumproject.org sold for $15,000 and I know I am new to this but that name doesnt look worth that at all to me.I assume the website or traffic must be amazing.

So lets check it out.

Domain Authority 67

Page Authority 45

The problem is that you don't know how to develop a website or generate enough traffic to make it valuable. It can be learned, but it takes time and hard work. And then it takes time and hard work to develop and maintain the site, and create content.

Terrible looking domains sell all the time, but that shouldn't be a reason to register your own bad domains. You need to understand why they sold. It's not always because they ranked well.

There is people that clearly know how to do this that I should talk with.

But why would they show you how? You seem to be looking for someone to hand you a pot of gold without having to do any real work yourself. Yes, someone could probably give you a quick rundown of how to throw ads onto a website, but that's not going to make you money unless your name generates traffic somehow.

That is great.

So did you earn that by flipping the name only? or did you have to build up every website to increase the domain value?

That's just from flipping names. I don't try to build sites. I have no development experience, and I only do this part-time, so I believe my time is better invested in learning how to buy and sell good names.

I may try my hand at building an affiliate site at some point, but that will be more for the learning experience.

•••
Joe Nichols,

But why would they show you how? You seem to be looking for someone to hand you a pot of gold without having to do any real work yourself. Yes, someone could probably give you a quick rundown of how to throw ads onto a website, but that's not going to make you money unless your name generates traffic somehow.

You sound a bit negative here Joe.

#1. Some people enjoy sharing info just as many have replied to me here sharing info.

#2.Some people give what you are saying away for free on youtube and there is multiple benefits for them to do that

#3. I can pay someone

#4.They have websites I can pay them to teach/help me

Even to get to the point where each domain I own can pay for its own yearly fees vs them becoming like unmillenniumproject.org or better.

If it costs you nothing to own them clearly in the long run most domains with even a bellow average name will slowly move up in value "even the worst 2 and 3 word .coms names will be taken " and even if it doesnt even if I profit $1 a year on each one that would still be cool to have a profitable domain that in theory I could sell at any time for a decent profit.

I see now that I will have an advantage over many of you as I would bet half of the people who replied have no real interest in having a profitable website on your domains.

That is cool but it sounds way harder.

That's just from flipping names. I don't try to build sites.

Well good for you Joe.

•••
Joe Nichols,

You sound a bit negative here Joe.

#1. Some people enjoy sharing info just as many have replied to me here sharing info.

#2.Some people give what you are saying away for free on youtube and there is multiple benefits for them to do that

#3. I can pay someone

#4.They have websites I can pay them to teach/help me

Even to get to the point where each domain I own can pay for its own yearly fees vs them becoming like unmillenniumproject.org or better.

If it costs you nothing to own them clearly in the long run most domains with even a bellow average name will slowly move up in value "even the worst 2 and 3 word .coms names will be taken " and even if it doesnt even if I profit $1 a year on each one that would still be cool to have a profitable domain that in theory I could sell at any time for a decent profit.

I see now that I will have an advantage over many of you as I would bet half of the people who replied have no real interest in having a profitable website on your domains.

That is cool but it sounds way harder.

Well I wish you all the best on your journey! I'll look forward to hearing about your progress.

•••
bmugford,

What do you think of unmillenniumproject.org?

You would of ran away as fast as possible from that clearly and the one who bought it sold it for over 15 grand.

The domain is tied to a website with traffic and a lot of backlinks.

I think you need to learn the difference between domains and a website. The value there is not the domain itself.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Well I wish you all the best on your journey! I'll look forward to hearing about your progress.

Thanks Joe if I have news good enough I will share it with you.

•••
bmugford,

The domain is tied to a website with traffic and a lot of backlinks.

I think you need to learn the difference between domains and a website. The value there is not the domain itself.

Brad

Where did you get the impression that I do not know the difference?

So lets check it out.

Domain Authority 67

Page Authority 45

•••
bmugford,

Where did you get the impression that I do not know the difference?

Most of your posts in this thread.

You can build a site on any garbage domain.
The problem here is a garbage domain without a website is just a garbage domain.

Brad

•••
bmugford,

Most of your posts in this thread.

Give me a specific example since it quite obvious you just wrongly assumed it.

You can build a site on any garbage domain.
The problem here is a garbage domain without a website is just a garbage domain.

Yet some people literally profit off real garbage and garbage domains.

I now am curious how many garbage domains have profited without a website.

•••
You’ve already been cautioned about appraisal bots and trademark infringement. Let me add a couple of other favorites ...

Domain and Page Authority are dubious website metrics that have no bearing on domain value. If you want to judge the traffic potential of old backlinks, simply type the “sld.tld” (in quotation marks) into google search and read the top results. Your $15k gold standard yields a viagra store followed by 2 domain sales reports. Down page 1 you’ll find some authoritative backlinks (who.int, nih.gov, lmu.edu, un.org, etc.) but they were published 10+ years ago when the UN controlled the domain. When an outfit like the UN lets a name expire, domainers grab it, park it and milk the ppc dry. Sometimes the milk flows for years but in my estimation this particular name would have dried up years ago. Which leads to …

Reported Sales - If you watch this space for any length of time you’ll learn to take sales reports with a grain of salt. Con men moved from city streets to boiler rooms to the internet long ago and domain names are tools of the trade. A common trick is the fake sale to oneself or between co-conspirators. Glowing PR drives a brief traffic spike and opens the door to sell worthless related names and possibly dump the now famous name on an admiring sucker. The worst thing you can do is look at a freak sale, legitimate or not, and say to yourself “hey if that turd sold I’m gonna be rich!”

Last edited:
•••
ecalc,

You sound like you are one of the most experienced domain resellers here.That you are probably more educated about domains than most who have replied.

I will send you a personal message.

Thank you,

Dan

•••
al.gif
shorterwinters,
Ok how much are you offering?
Ok. Here's what I am trying to say.
I feel the names I have are better.

Subjective? Yes.
But, mine are proper context if nothing else.
I think they flow better and make more sense.
Someone would be more likely to type those in than some mixed up words.

Great names?
Nope.
Did I think they were when I grabbed them?
Well, not awesome........but better than what they really are.
Mediocore.

Have I tried an appraisal thing?
I don't think so, but I got over/under at 900 and taking the over.

Have I tried outbound?
Yes, that is what led me to make the post.

Any luck?
Not even a reply.

Do I have more outbound I can do and do a better job at it?
Yeah.....

Do I have other similar 2-3 worders that just sitting around not getting any eyeballs?
Oh yeah.

It's a tough gig....
Way more time than one would think.
So much to learn.
Really.

All good.
Have fun.

Attachments

• al.gif
    al.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back