IT.COM

domain Good,Ok,Worthless? New at domains need advice - amoneytransfer.com

NameSilo
Watch

Dansdomainarbitrage

Established Member
Impact
I am new at domains and bought all of these and wanted to get an idea if I am doing an ok job in domains others would want to buy?

These are all for sale or will be once I put them for sale.

If you are interested in any let me know but even if you are not if you think they are in general good,ok or worthless please tell me.

amoneytransfer.com

backgroundsearchfree.com

cashinclub.net

cashringoffire.com

catallergysymptom.com

chasemanhattanmortgage.com

cooljob.org

dateidea.org

eddiction.net

enginemarketingsearch.com

equityloansbadcredit.com

freetogoodhomedogs.com

hotelnapavalley.net

houseconcept.org

intranetsearchengine.com

itravelmag.net

lawyerlawyer.net

listofmillionaires.com

lostsocks.net

medicalinsurancedallas.com

oldcoinsbritishsale.com

onetelugumedia.com

paydaycashloan.net

payithere.net

readyformore.net

searchinsurance.net

sjwz8.com

smalldogsforadoption.com

stereocaraudio.com

thejetstream.net

topamaxforweightloss.com

trabajos-online.com

tractorwheelweights.com

uberchef.net

uksearchengines.com

whatisasearchengine.com

woodenbirdcages.com

wwedivasearch.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you're new, stop buying domains at this moment. Research and read as much as you can about domains. On this forum. On some blogs like https://domainshane.com, https://domainsherpa.com.

Hopefully those are all you've bought. You need to stop and read first. I'm sorry to say that the majority of domains you have purchased are rubbish.

If you have money to invest then consult the members of this community. Feel free to PM me if you need any advice or if you need any pointers.

Once you have read more and feel you have a better grasp, then return to buying domains.

Last edited:
•••
Domainshane doesnt appear to work.

What in domainsherpa should I look at?

What leads you to assume most are rubbish? Not saying you are wrong.

•••
My bad. https://dsad.com/ is correct.

Watch old domain sherpa videos. Especially the ones where they review portfolios.

What leads you to assume most are rubbish? Not saying you are wrong.

It would take a really long post to explain the whys, hows and whats of domain valuation here. If I get more time later I will try to write a more in depth response.

When buying a domain name ask yourself "Who is going to buy it and why?". Now ask yourself this question about LostSocks.net and be really honest with yourself. Think about the commercial viability of a domain name. Think about the memorability. Think about the pronunciation. Think about the spelling. Think about who and why anyone would use this domain name. Who is going to make a business out of 'lost socks'?

Please feel free to PM me if you need anything.

Thanks

•••
That is a very good reply but I used estibot.com as my basis of those domains.

Not saying they are good or that means anything.

"oldcoinsbritishsale.com and sjwz8.com were bought before I used estibot"

There is many other factors as you just gave a good one.

lostsocks.com is for sale at $23,012 and of course it could be worth nothing.

lostsocks.com EstiBot Value: $ 18,000 USD so I can see why the owner is going off that value.

LostSocks.net EstiBot Value: $ 1,900 USD which is the only reason I bought it.

Now the final buyer I assume would be selling socks or a way to find socks.

I do not understand the values estibot makes but most research I have done says they are generally accurate unless the final buyer will overpay an insane amount which clearly happens in domains.

When the price is sold for under that value it is usually to a reseller I assume and the auction or buy it now price was under that value and possibly not advertised correctly.

Clearly when you sell a domain you want to find the final buyer who will pay the most but if you dont find them you want as many serious resellers as possible to look.

Some people dont really know how or enough ways to do this or are just lazy.I am new to this so I am in the dont know which lead me to come here today category.

So I now question is estibot accurate and if it is where would I find serious resellers who value that estimate? and will buy these from me?

To not buy a domain based only on it sounds like a terrible or even is a terrible commercial viability of a domain name still can cost you profit based on if the formula of esitbot or any appraiser is accurate but you wont risk it anyway due to bad commercial name.

Last edited:
•••
If you want to give me 3 domains you own I can give you the estibot appraisal and you can tell me what you think of them but estibot also has many websites appraised valued at $0 or really close to $0.

If they were really bad at appraisals I would assume they would be out of business by now.

•••
Hi Dan, I too am new to domaining, my approach was to read, read, and read a bit more, I then bought a couple of .com domains, not more than two words and try to keep short as possible, i have tried to stick with cryptocurrency names as i know a little about it and its current at this time. Cryptopickup/com being one which i quite like, others may have a different view as always....
Only use appraisal sites to gauge sale values of similar domains.
Try one of your domains in a number of appraisal sites and look at the swing....

Best of luck mate.

•••
Hi Sic,

For me it is more about sales if it is to a reseller or to the final buyer to really see if it was worth it but as I said there is other factors.

Cryptocurrency names is clearly trending so that sounds good.

From the info I have read most appraisal sites are worthless so no matter how big the swing I prefer to go on what professional domain resellers use.Estibot is the only affordable one I am aware of with allegedly good results.

Good luck to you also.

Dan

Last edited:
•••
Don't ever use estibot for appraisals again. It has already cost you money
Reg fee times however names you listed above

•••
Don't ever use estibot for appraisals again. It has already cost you money
Reg fee times however names you listed above

Can you explain this more as I do not understand or understand why not to use them?

•••
I'll look at a few, first always Capitalize the first letter in each word. Looks prettier

ReadyForMore.net 3 word .net ready for what?

SearchInsurance.net good keywords but .net maybe best one you have

sjwz8.com sad man

SmallDogsForAdoption.com 4 words... I frequent spca website and classifieds at kijiji and CL etc, maybe end user $$

StereoCarAudio.com just 3 english words I could prob find 100 alternative 3 words same niche

TheJetStream.net not bad but stay away from .net stay away from .net

topamaxforweightloss.com gibberish to my eyes

trabajos-online.com is this a spanish job site? :punch:

TractorWheelWeights.com what about them? gonna dedicate a whole site to a part a trucker may need

UberChef.net stay away from tm names, stay away from .net

You got some 5 worders in there, a real dogs breakfast imo

LawyerLawyer.net SearchInsurance.net two best ones

You cant jump into this business and hand reg names and expect to make money. 3-5-8 years ago, yes

Better off reading lots, keep that money close and finding a bargain .com .com .com only .com
Two word .com cause we cant afford one word. Read lots, watch domain sherpa videos 5 times a day, I lived for that show. Learned so much, and read posts here, but a domainer must learn patience

If a domain is not registered now, chances are it will still be available in a few hours, research

•••
I am new at domains
Hi.
Welcome to NamePros and welcome to domaining.

If you're new, stop buying domains at this moment. Research and read as much as you can about domains. On this forum.
There is so much good info here at namepros it really can be overwhelming but I think the truth was given to you as advise and it is good advise.

https://www.google.com/search?q=est.....69i57j0l2.5436j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Look at the namepros hit there as well.
Read, read, and read even more. @Siclilmonkey has got that right. There is so much good info here. Spend a couple hours a day for a couple months reading and researching threads here.

Something else really good to search out here are some reflective posts by members here on what they have learned in their first year or just overall time spent domaining. One common theme I have noticed is we all seem to think we got it figured out in some way, to some sort of degree when we jump in and then learn along the way...we've actually rode in for a bit of a humbling experience. Varying degrees but still a common trait amongst all it seems. There are some excellent posts regarding this plus everything else to do or think about in your first year.

From my take, a few of your domains could be developed. listofmillionaires, (lots of blogging, lots of time) trabajos-online, (wouldn't it be trebajo? changes everything plus a hyphen to weaken it even more.) smalldogsforadoption jump out at me that way but I think you are trying to purchase domains to resell and not develop and if that is the case, I don't really see much of any promise in your list but that's just what I think. In general, use words in their proper context and order if doing 2-3 word domains. Don't flip them around, don't add plurals to make it work.
tractorwheelweights? That did catch my eye. I've searched them out before because I needed them. I think that would need some outbound which would be contacting the right people at the potential endusers/buyers business. Finding the right person to approach to sell the name to, not the office manager. Highly improbable they are going to come to you. List all the places that sell them. Husqvarna, John Deere, Kubota, Troy, Bobs tractors, Daves lawn and garden, and start emailing them but careful you don't spam but make sure and reach the right person. Bob and Dave would be easy but not so sure who to contact at southern indiana tractor supply.
paydaycashloan? Maybe a few hundred. That going to take some legwork too, ESPECIALLY more so if it's not ,com. Is paydaycashloan a trademark? I got no clue but I would certainly think chasemanhattanmortage would be.
Good Luck.

@MasterOfMyDomains just posted.
If a domain is not registered now, chances are it will still be available in a few hours, research
Yep. Sleep on it a night, a few days. Bounce around and research and see if you really think it's as good as you thought.

•••
... if you think they are in general good,ok or worthless please tell me.… I used estibot.com as my basis of those domains.
In general they are worthless but individually they get my standard appraisal for weak names:

wholesale: $x
retail: $xxxx

Wholesale $x is $0 to $9, the probable winning bid at a NP no reserve auction. Retail is the fabled end user willing to pay $1000 or more. The problem is very few people cough up that much for a name and out of that group few or none want bad names. Strong portfolios sell ~2% of inventory at retail prices in a given year. I’d gauge the retail sell rate of your list at ~0.2% per year, in other words one retail sale every 13 years balanced against $4940 in registration and renewal costs, aka the cicada interval business model.

Without writing a book, here are a couple of domain specific comments.

Chase Manhattan is a famous trademark of JPMorgan Chase Bank. Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (ACPA), 15 U.S.C. § 1125(d) is a pertinent U.S. law written not in your favor.

oldcoinsbritishsale.com
You pointed to estibot as your guide so I raced there expecting to see some crazy high value but lo and behold they give it a fair $0. I don’t use estibot but in this example I strongly endorse their appraisal. Two words max is a safe limit for phrase.coms and make sure the order is right.

Good luck!

•••
MasterOfMyDomains,

Thank you for your reply.

"ReadyForMore.net 3 word .net ready for what?"

Someone made a business out of the .com name a boarding school?

ReadyForMore.com EstiBot Value: $ 14,000 USD

ReadyForMore.net EstiBot Value: $ 1,500 USD

Clearly they would pay more for it than anyone else?

Even based on your own reasoning that didnt stop the .com owners from making a site.

SearchInsurance.net EstiBot Value: $ 730 USD

Estibot says the .net is worth a little more than the .com

sjwz8.com I did not use estibot when I bought it I used another free appraiser.This was before I used estibot.

EstiBot Value: $ 0 USD so I would be happy to just make my money back I paid but I wont be renewing this one.

This gives credit to estibot working to some degree.

SmallDogsForAdoption.com EstiBot Value: $ 710 USD

StereoCarAudio.com EstiBot Value: $ 580 USD

TheJetStream.net EstiBot Value: $ 1,700 USD

TheJetStream.com EstiBot Value: $ 15,000 USD Shouldnt I try to sell to the .com?

topamaxforweightloss.com EstiBot Value: $ 700 USD Why so much for gibberish?

trabajos-online.com EstiBot Value: $ 170 USD

TractorWheelWeights.com EstiBot Value: $ 590 USD

UberChef.net EstiBot Value: $ 1,300 USD Shouldnt I try to sell to the .com?

LawyerLawyer.net EstiBot Value: $ 470 USD

Clearly there is plenty more I should learn.Even if someone wanted to buy any of them from me I wouldnt know exactly what to do sell it to them.

Some .nets are worth a lot way more than my examples I just showed you. I will keep learning.

•••
Shorterwinters,

Thank you for the welcome nice to meet you.

I will read more on this site and learn more but the sites I have now should be able to get me the feekback I need to move forward as well if any of you consider yourselves experts in this profession.

listofmillionaires.com EstiBot Value: $ 490 USD

trabajos-online.com EstiBot Value: $ 170 USD I do not know why it has this value.

smalldogsforadoption.com EstiBot Value: $ 710 USD

I wouldnt be against to develop them but I would need training in that.I know even basic blogs can make a website and domain value go up.

TractorWheelWeights.com EstiBot Value: $ 590 USD

Finding the right person to approach to sell the name to, not the office manager. Highly improbable they are going to come to you. List all the places that sell them. Husqvarna, John Deere, Kubota, Troy, Bobs tractors, Daves lawn and garden, and start emailing them but careful you don't spam but make sure and reach the right person. Bob and Dave would be easy but not so sure who to contact at southern indiana tractor supply.

Yeah that sounds good.

paydaycashloan.net EstiBot Value: $ 370 USD

Is paydaycashloan a trademark?

No Idea.

chasemanhattanmortgage.com EstiBot Value: $ 1,300 USD

If I cant sell it of well I will learn from it.

Thanks for your reply,

Dan

•••
Ecalc,

Thanks for your reply.

Wholesale $x is $0 to $9, the probable winning bid at a NP no reserve auction. Retail is the fabled end user willing to pay $1000 or more. The problem is very few people cough up that much for a name and out of that group few or none want bad names. Strong portfolios sell ~2% of inventory at retail prices in a given year. I’d gauge the retail sell rate of your list at ~0.2% per year, in other words one retail sale every 13 years balanced against $4940 in registration and renewal costs, aka the cicada interval business model.

This is over my head at this point but I get the end user/final buyer would pay the most and that they would avoid bad names.

Chase Manhattan is a famous trademark of JPMorgan Chase Bank. Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (ACPA), 15 U.S.C. § 1125(d) is a pertinent U.S. law written not in your favor.

I would assume even if I cant resell it that just putting up a basic looking page with ads on it or something could work.If they could sue me based on TM than why could I legally buy the website in the first place?

oldcoinsbritishsale.com
You pointed to estibot as your guide so I raced there expecting to see some crazy high value but lo and behold they give it a fair $0. I don’t use estibot but in this example I strongly endorse their appraisal. Two words max is a safe limit for phrase.coms and make sure the order is right.

oldcoinsbritishsale.com and sjwz8.com were bought before I used estibot and their estibot value should imply I am telling you the truth.I did not mean to mislead you or anyone else.

I actually bought oldcoinsbritishsale.com because it was a popular search term. 4,777 search for that term without the .com of course so I bought it.Had I known the esitbot value I wouldnt of done this obviously.

So what do you guys think of that actually when it is searched for that much or that doesnt mean anything for the domain value as estibot implies?

Thanks for your reply,

Dan

Last edited:
•••
I would assume even if I cant resell it that just putting up a basic looking page with ads on it or something could work. If they could sue me based on TM than why could I legally buy the website in the first place?
You could legally buy it in the first place because there are fair use cases for domains that contain TMs and above all Godaddy and Verisign are eager to ring the cash register. Some TMs can be fairly used easier than others. For example a 'tide' domain website about ocean tide charts could be a slippery target for the laundry detergent maker. Chase Manhattan Mortgage is more like taking a hike in a deer costume.
I actually bought oldcoinsbritishsale.com because it was a popular search term. 4,777 search for that term without the .com of course so I bought it.Had I known the esitbot value I wouldnt of done this obviously.
So what do you guys think of that actually when it is searched for that much or that doesnt mean anything for the domain value as estibot implies?
I wouldn't trust any tool telling me that the exact phrase [old coins british sale] is being searched 4777 times per month. The exact phrase only shows up 3 times on Google search (not adwords keyword tool) thanks to your web page. Before that presumably no one had ever strung those 4 words together.

Metrics are nice but trust your gut!

•••
You could legally buy it in the first place because there are fair use cases for domains that contain TMs and above all Godaddy and Verisign are eager to ring the cash register. Some TMs can be fairly used easier than others. For example a 'tide' domain website about ocean tide charts could be a slippery target for the laundry detergent maker. Chase Manhattan Mortgage is more like taking a hike in a deer costume.

So you are saying that you think that it was probably owned by Chase for real and that it became available implies they wont do anything to stop me?

That would be crazy to see the "Tide" brand get angry and sue over a tide website about the ocean or someting that had tide in the name.

So as for it's chasemanhattanmortgage.com EstiBot Value: $ 1,300 USD what would you estimate is it's real value to a reseller or to anyone who could make money off it with ads and what would you personally do if you owned it like I do?

Thank You again,

Dan

•••
I don't know who if anyone owned it before and I have no idea what Chase will or won't do. Just saying I'd rather not find out. Some people park TM names for type-in ppc and accept the risk of the occasional UDRP and/or lawsuit but I wouldn't encourage it. Those people might offer ~6 months ppc earnings but that's a wild a** guess. If I owned it I'd drop it like a bad transmission.

Last edited:
•••
I would consider most of these liabilities not assets. You basically have $400/year in renewals for a mix of bad domains and trademark issues.

While estibot values can be used to sort lists, the actual value shown is meaningless. I have domains valued at $50K+ that I would be lucky to get $500 for and others with a $0 valuation I have sold for 5 figures.

In 2017, with hundreds of millions of registered domains you are basically hand registering the scraps. Anything with demand will have already been registered in general. These were available because no one else wanted them, so the odds of selling them for a premium are low.

This might not be what you want to hear, but I find it is better to be straight to the point than sugarcoat it.
I think you need to re-evaluate what a good domain is before spending more money.

Brad

•••
Ecalc,

I would assume even if I cant resell it that just putting up a basic looking page with ads on it or something could work.If they could sue me based on TM than why could I legally buy the website in the first place?

That is a bad idea. It only makes a TM issue worse if you are using it to generate revenue.
A brand is not obligated to buy every single potential version of their TM to have protection.

"Chase" can have a generic use, but that does not apply to your domain.

chasemanhattanmortgage.com is an obvious trademark issue. There is no generic use for it.
The only use is based on the famous trademark.

Also, one like wwedivasearch.com is also obviously a trademark issue. These type of domains have no re-sale value, no fair use, and are playing with fire.

Brad

•••
My five cents
Stop using Estibot. Really. Estibot doesn't have common sense like you do. Start to read and research.
Some of your names maybe have slim potential for an end-user (you never know) but then you need to play "quantity over quality" game which is a bad way....
And stick to max 2-word .com for now.

Cheers

•••
I would consider most of these liabilities not assets. You basically have $400/year in renewals for a mix of bad domains and trademark issues.

While estibot values can be used to sort lists, the actual value shown is meaningless. I have domains valued at $50K+ that I would be lucky to get $500 for and others with a $0 valuation I have sold for 5 figures.

In 2017, with hundreds of millions of registered domains you are basically hand registering the scraps. Anything with demand will have already been registered in general. These were available because no one else wanted them, so the odds of selling them for a premium are low.

This might not be what you want to hear, but I find it is better to be straight to the point than sugarcoat it.
I think you need to re-evaluate what a good domain is before spending more money.

Brad

The value of all this is meaningless until you sell it unless what they pay you is based on that value.

The renewal price is really irrelevant if in 1 year it has got no interest than it implies to not renew.I will not renew them all.

Compared to how it was years ago of course this is the scraps but there is benefits to that also obviously.

Domains have a clear limited supply and that in itself creates profit while if you compare it to say sports cards where there is millions made of a rookie card or whatever.

Brett Favres rookie card in perfect condition graded with autograph or not is so low valued based on the supply being so high.

In the domain world it seems very true based on my research that you can use lets say an average domain name with no value and turn it into something profitable.

This one woman had a website that estibot said was worth 10 grand and she did blogging and I would highly assume it would be near worthless had she never bought it or did that with it.Similar domains had little value.

So my point being even worthless domains today 100% if they can bring in enough traffic or revenue to a certain level in the future I assume most of you who reply wouldnt call them worthless any more correct?

•••
My five cents
Stop using Estibot. Really. Estibot doesn't have common sense like you do. Start to read and research.
Some of your names maybe have slim potential for an end-user (you never know) but then you need to play "quantity over quality" game which is a bad way....
And stick to max 2-word .com for now.

Cheers

I am getting valuable reading and research even out of these comments.

It seems to me most of you are resellers and that is cool.

I have more questions such as -

Would you rather have a brand new domain with no history/sales/traffic/revenue that was a max 2-word .com that you liked?

OR

A domain name you thought was bellow average like a 4 word .net name that had a website already but it had lots of sales/traffic/revenue ?

and the price of both domains was exactly the same.

Which would you buy?

Anyone who reads this please answer this question.

Thank you,

Dan

•••
Learn abou domina authority, nothing to do with the name itself...If
domain authority is high that is a good thing for start, but most endusers want great name for their brand, company, service etc... They usually dont know/care about DA.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back