Dynadot

information Good news - We should expect a boost in domain sales next

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

twiki

Top Member
Impact
If things continue to stay on track, and conditions appear to be in favor of it right now.

Been watching the markets and doing some trades today. I'm hearing bulls lately, which is good for us.

Nasdaq is up 1%+, which ain't bad. More significantly, oil has just dropped by ~9% before rebound and stabilized at around -6%.
There are more advanced talks about ending the war in Ukraine and this impacts the situation by a lot.

DAX40 for example (note, Germany index) has also jumped and is at record high, oil price decline having an important leg in it as well. Now the index is close to pre-war levels.

I foresee a boost in domain sales next, especially in the tech and finance areas
but not only. Fingers crossed.

Comments are welcome.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

even during stock market crash and housing fiasco that happened during end of bush's term in office,
domain sales were strong.

only difference is that the "reporting of sales", has increased to where it is now a focal point.

imo...

•••
Hi

even during stock market crash and housing fiasco that happened during end of bush's term in office,
domain sales were strong.

only difference is that the "reporting of sales", has increased to where it is now a focal point.

imo...

They have been affected by uncertainty this year, due to various worries and the situation in Ukraine after 24 Feb. Also the drop in tech market performance. January and part of February have been bringing low sales for many ( I also have some insider information from platforms, cant' disclose source). In March, things have changed.

Once initial war worries have been much reduced (March), I've also seen a boost and expecting an even larger boost next. Reported sales thread has been much more active as well (I've observed time and time again that my sales and other source that report sales are always in sync with the number of reported daily sales in the NP thread).

Overall yes you are right, in general we can't complain. I was just mentioning that there will most likely be even better next.

•••
well..u know... that's like your opinion man.

but for what its.worth... I hope.its right

•••
I honestly think the market had a bit of a dead cat bounce recently. There are a lot of looming financial issues.
I think we are kind of in the middle of an everything bubble which is not sustainable.

Things are great, until they aren't. Costs are outpacing living expenses in an unsustainable way.
We will see what happens with the housing market and other investments when interest rates start to rise.

Cheap money has lead to a massive rise in nonsense "investments".

With that said, domain sales tend to do fine in all markets from my experience.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
various worries

war worries
Hi
i guess the difference may be,
that i don't "worry" about things which i have no control over.

when it comes to domains,
then the variety in your portfolio or lack of, may dictate one's success or again, lack of.
if you're heavy in tech brandables and that field slumps, then yeah sales might slump too.
but if you have some "credit/debt, loan/refinance" names, then you might see an uptick during same period.

needs shift and it just depends on what you're holding.

imo...

Things are great, until they aren't.
Hi

yeah, those are the extremes, but in-between them, things can be " okay"
:)

imo...

Last edited:
•••
I honestly think the market had a bit of a dead cat bounce recently. There are a lot of looming financial issues.
I think we are kind of in the middle of an everything bubble which is not sustainable.

Things are great, until they aren't. Costs are outpacing living expenses in an unsustainable way.
We will see what happens with the housing market and other investments when interest rates start to rise.

Cheap money has lead to a massive rise in nonsense "investments".

With that said, domain sales tend to do fine in all markets from my experience.

Brad

I don't think this is a dead cat bounce - yet. Markets are still eager to go bullish. It's rather the live cat yet, but there is a plan for the cat to "be shot" someday.

For the short term, I believe in my prediction.

On medium to longer term, you are right. All these overlapped issues will come to "bear fruit", possibly by the end of current year, or, if you'd ask me, more likely next year.

So your pessimistic view is definitely valid. I just don't see it crashing down that soon.

Money are still rolling. Things are stretched, some things have collapsed already (e.g. China housing market), so domino effect will likely happen in the future. But it ain't this spring or summer, in my opinion.

Edit: Actually a milder recession now would be far better than a full crash later.

Edit2: Never underestimate the power of greed... at least until fear takes hold.

Last edited:
•••
I had record sales in March
And I think April is on track to beat March records.

Fingers crossed

•••
I had record sales in March
And I think April is on track to beat March records.

Fingers crossed

I also had a very good March, despite no sales in the last 10 days or so of March (but fluctuations are always possible).

April - just one domain so far but I'm confident. Still early.

•••
I also had a very good March, despite no sales in the last 10 days or so of March (but fluctuations are always possible).

April - just one domain so far but I'm confident. Still early.
One entire month of silence on my end, worse than this August.

It's comforting seeing that even under this current economic framework you guys are still doing very good, it means the industry is in good shape.

•••
Quarter3 and 4 of 2021 was not good for me , It picked up just a tad in March 2022 , April has been good so far, I have cut my inventory by 50% , I am more vested in Shorting stocks the last 6 months

Last edited:
•••
Back