Watch

smp860

Account Closed
Impact
Goliath.com sells for
$60,000 at
Flippa.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
What could you develop around it?

•••
•••
•••
I think we need to wait and see if the transfer takes place on this one...

•••
•••
Congrats to the seller and buyer.

I believe it is really strong brand and the price suggest that some major players went for it.

I think this must have been hell of a flip, lets hope DomainSherpa invites seller to the show for more info.

•••
I'll guess will have to wait and see how it plays out..

•••
•••
I think we need to wait and see if the transfer takes place on this one...

Just FWIW, everything reported on our weekly blog rundown (and of course via DN Journal) has been 100% confirmed to change hands. Transfer confirmed.

•••
Thanks for the clarification. Very nice sale!

•••
We sold Due.com the same day, details forthcoming :)

•••
Nice to see Flippa admin's clarification on that..!!

Thats a good buy..!! Would love to see how the end user develops it..!!

•••
Looks like the new owner is starting to dev...

•••
Great deal for buyer.... versatile branding potential :)

•••
Not over priced imo, Goliath.com is a "powerhouse" name.

•••
The new owner seems to have installed a (slightly broken) WordPress.

I wonder what they are planning on doing with it - the owner seems to make "lifestyle" type websites: http://www.concoursemedia.com/

I kind of expected an insurance firm or search engine, something of that scale. The name screams "big".

•••
"The real value of a domain name is the maximum amount a person is willing to pay for it" Maybe the buyer already had a brand of the same name and just wanted a complementary .com domain name.

•••
So here's an update: checked on the site and the owner seems to have installed a theme with a relatively nice logo, however the site is still broken.

How can someone spend $60K on a domain name and not invest in a web developer and designer to create a website if you don't have the knowledge to do it yourself? Maybe I should pitch to him... :P

•••
So here's an update: checked on the site and the owner seems to have installed a theme with a relatively nice logo, however the site is still broken.

How can someone spend $60K on a domain name and not invest in a web developer and designer to create a website if you don't have the knowledge to do it yourself? Maybe I should pitch to him... :P

Thats the same thing I dont understand. People should invest more on development and advertising.!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back