Dynadot

discuss GoDaddy's valuation tool & how it impacts prices

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BRANDERX

BRANDERXTop Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

Have you noticed that Godaddy's valuation tool (in the auction section) impacts the prices significantly?

Assuming most of the bidders are investors & resellers, the closing bid is often higher than the (already high) valuation.

Are investors & resellers overpaying? Is this a good thing for the industry?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Regards,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi everyone,

Have you noticed that Godaddy's valuation tool (in the auction section) impacts the prices significantly?

Assuming most of the bidders are investors & resellers, the closing bid is often higher than the (already high) valuation.

Are investors & resellers overpaying? Is this a good thing for the industry?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Regards,

1st let's establish that domains are cloud assets, smart investors who see potential will always over pay to secure a potential property in Time Square. Wether it's a good practice or not, it's an "art" just like like in Real Estate; suburban properties will see extremely slow growth rate vs urban properties. But there's more money to be made on suburban properties "as long the investor is not living in denial". The key is to "Think Long Term/Invest And Hold" and keep assets secure by diversifying your investment portfolio and to have a healthy cash flow. As history has proven, people who have long term vision will survive and people who want to live pay check to pay check will look for short term solutions, let's call it "auction" for an argument sake.

Let's conclude it by sharing some knowledge, I'm including a video, pay close attention to #7. 5:25~6:40

•••
1st let's establish that domains are cloud assets, smart investors who see potential will always over pay to secure a potential property in Time Square. Wether it's a good practice or not, it's an "art" just like like in Real Estate; suburban properties will see extremely slow growth rate vs urban properties. But there's more money to be made on suburban properties "as long the investor is not living in denial". The key is to "Think Long Term/Invest And Hold" and keep assets secure by diversifying your investment portfolio and to have a healthy cash flow. As history has proven, people who have long term vision will survive and people who want to live pay check to pay check will look for short term solutions, let's call it "auction" for an argument sake.

Let's conclude it by sharing some knowledge, I'm including a video, pay close attention to #7. 5:25~6:40

Thank you for sharing.

Interesting video. I agree the key is to think log term/invest and hold(then sell) at one point, but I also think one should not pay $45,000 because a valuation tool says its worth $30,000.

Thanks

•••
Thank you for sharing.

Interesting video. I agree the key is to think log term/invest and hold(then sell) at one point, but I also think one should not pay $45,000 because a valuation tool says its worth $30,000.

Thanks

That's where people need to use their brains and do their homework :bookworm:. Even the unregistered domain names show "some value" on GoDaddy's appraisal tool :greedy:

•••
Recently got to appraise one name on the appraisal tool before it vanished was UK version of godaddy.

•••
Recently got to appraise one name on the appraisal tool before it vanished was UK version of godaddy.

In their auction page, they have the valuation next to each (expiring domain). You can valuate your domains in their "Govalue" page

•••
yes, they are the best one.

•••
yes, they are the best one.

•••
I am certainly going to play with it.

•••
I am certainly going to play with it.

The idea behind this post, is whether bidders are simply overpaying, based on the valuation GD provide in their auction for expired domains.

Your domain is ultimately worth what you sell it for.

This is not to promote nor play down the tool.

Thanks

•••

It's working for me in the UK. It does stop working from time to time but just close the session and then load it up again.

•••
The idea behind this post, is whether bidders are simply overpaying, based on the valuation GD provide in their auction for expired domains.

Your domain is ultimately worth what you sell it for.

This is not to promote nor play down the tool.

Thanks
Thank you i can see it for what it is how ever it did display this week as "new" momentarily as part of drop down menu under domain auctions.

•••
It's working for me in the UK. It does stop working from time to time but just close the session and then load it up again.
I think it disappeared due to cookies as not a feature for Australian eyes perhaps.

•••
I think it disappeared due to cookies as not a feature for Australian eyes perhaps.

It's only officially meant to work in the US at the moment. You can change you location to US though and it should definitely work then

•••
•••
Did it shown at premium domains from godaddy domain search result?

•••
Did it shown at premium domains from godaddy domain search result?

It used to, but now I think it shows in the auction page only. They do however have a new "why it's valuable" section next to each domain.

thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back