IT.COM

GoDaddy Transfers Away?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Have GoDaddy changed their Transfer Away policy?

The last time I transferred away domains from GoDaddy (about 2-3 weeks ago) we used to have to approve the transfer away before they released the transfer away at GoDaddy. Now I don't see any transfer away button, and the transferred domains are still in transfer away mode, and I cannot find any transfer away button. Have they changed how this transfer away works? I really don't want to wait 5-7 days before these domains are transferred away.

NT

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its in a new spot accessible by the email they send you that the domain is being transferred and if you want to expedite you click it. Its kinda nice as you are told when its done kinda like NameBright.

•••
Have GoDaddy changed their Transfer Away policy?

The last time I transferred away domains from GoDaddy (about 2-3 weeks ago) we used to have to approve the transfer away before they released the transfer away at GoDaddy. Now I don't see any transfer away button, and the transferred domains are still in transfer away mode, and I cannot find any transfer away button. Have they changed how this transfer away works? I really don't want to wait 5-7 days before these domains are transferred away.

NT
to which registrar did you transfer your domains ? in your new registrar, how much does a .COM and .NET domain cost per year?

•••
Its in a new spot accessible by the email they send you that the domain is being transferred and if you want to expedite you click it. Its kinda nice as you are told when its done kinda like NameBright.

Thanks. I found it, eventually. Just another 12 to empty my account :) Will be empty in less than 1 week.

Last edited:
•••
to which registrar did you transfer your domains ? in your new registrar, how much does a .COM and .NET domain cost per year?

I use Dynadot as my registrar of choice. They are a lot cheaper and a better Registrar all round.

•••
Just tried the following:

1. Started a transfer of 1 domain, nothing special and not a "valuable" domain as per GD appraisal.

2. Approval link was nowhere to be found.

3. Found direct link to "transfer approval" section in GD help.

4. Clicked on approve.

... still waiting. ~1 hour so far. Moreover, GD elected to remove any and all private / limited whois (not a big issue for me at this time, but I can imagine customers being extremely unhappy with such disclosures).

Guys, any recent experience with GD transfers away? Would it be 5 days like NetSol? ;-()

Edited: Must have been valuable domain for GD:
A transfer away request was received for the following domain(s), and has been flagged for manual review. Please respond directly to this email to confirm whether the transfer is valid and you wish to continue:

... but the system is still overcomplicated :(

Last edited:
•••
It takes about 5 days to find the approval link. Joke. It only takes less than a day :)

•••
Where can you now find the day a domain gets unlocked at GoDaddy. This used to be easy to find. But I looked all over there control panel and COULD NOT find that piece of information. Any help would be appreciated.

•••
I've now stopped buying domains at GoDaddy until somebody can tell me how to unlock a domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back