Dynadot

GoDaddy to charge for appraisals?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Picture0001.png

Was looking for a godaddy appraisal this morning and got numerous technical errors until this error finally came up. About twenty minutes later the appraisal form worked again.

Interesting thing about all of this is that it's pretty obvious godaddy is working on the back end and will soon be charging for an appraisal membership fee similar to estibot.

THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL

Do you think I'm right?

Lets discuss

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting thing about all of this is that it's pretty obvious godaddy is working on the back end and will soon be charging for an appraisal membership fee similar to estibot.

Who knows what they are up to...they cant stop tinkering with the code or website layout.

But one thing is as sure as Sol (our sun) will be burning long after we are all dust in the wind. I will never pay a penny for a valuation service from Godaddy. NEVER.

Last edited:
•••
I would pay for valuation if it is was done by a professional domain investor only.

•••
Show attachment 127574

Was looking for a godaddy appraisal this morning and got numerous technical errors until this error finally came up. About twenty minutes later the appraisal form worked again.

Do you think I'm right?

Lets discuss
How many appraisals did you run?

Why would Godaddy charge for appraisals, they give them out free, and people hand reg, and buy names based on them in turn they make money.

If you run an appraisal for some backwords .com, good chance it comes up around $800-$1200, and it will show up as avaliable to hand reg for a promo price of $2.99, what newbie sucker is not going to jump on that?

•••
•••
Show attachment 127574

Do you think I'm right?

Lets discuss

Yes I noted this error too, since yesterday. Probably they started limiting the number of queries per IP or using some sort of cookies. Today tried a few times but didn't get this error so far. I think I have tried only upto 10 domains today.

•••
How many appraisals did you run?

I only ran one

Got errors first 3 times as I tried again until the top image came up.

It's obvious to me they are working on the code and I caught an early release message of things to come.

•••
I am getting this error frequently since 4 months, this is normal error. Change the IP address it won't come again for few days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back