Dynadot

GoDaddy Stolen my domain on new year

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kokoshka

Established Member
Impact
Me and my friend decided to make Seo project , we registered domain with his billing info and with my credit card.
On january 1st i checked domain and it was off , i checked all emails and godaddy , godaddy account was locked
Then i sent all documents to them

1: Billing person id
2: Payment person id
3: paypal statement
4: bank statement
5: credit card screenshots

everything that could verify my payment

But i got reply that my account reviewed and cant be reactivated for now
I havenot got reply and explanation why?
and also they havenot requested any additional details , it looks weird

Now my domain is under godaddy and its sale by broker fee :(
That looks like godaddy stolen my domain on new year
I talked with support for 4-5 times , they are good guys but its not helpfull , cant tell me reason or what i need to sent , just checking , checking and checking . last support told me that your account is still on review and they will be back but i already got reply from godaddy that my account cant activated

my Incident ID is: 46405677

Thanks godaddy for happy new year

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You deserve your account to be locked.

Using someone else's credit card with a different billing is stealing in the eyes of every company.

Companies have bots to auto detect the billing address associated with the credit card. If the customer enters different address than the credit card, they will detect it.

Last edited:
•••
But we are friends
I used my own credit card (paypal)
But we registered domain under my friends name
I sent all documents both of us
Why i deserve it??

•••
I sent all of this

everything is legit , we 2 friends are doing project together so i dont know what i did wrong

•••
Lock is not problem , problem is that my account is now under godaddy i havenot got reply what i havenot verifed or what i need to send , i send all documents and they said its cant be activated without reason

first time i sent

Then they asked 2: Payment person id to activate account
Then i sent my id(2: Payment person id) as well and now without explanation they told my account cant be recovered

•••
What don’t you understand about you cannot have conflicting payment info and payment/registrant details? You cannot buy a domain with my credit card and register it in your name and address, etc.

GoDaddy didn’t mess up you did. If all info does not match the charge is declined and you lose your account to what is viewed as fraud.

I have many domain friends (even own some names together) but only one person can be the registrant and the payment info must match that one person perfectly.

•••
•••
•••
•••
falsely calling gd thieves is really gonna help u get back with them.

I'd start looking for another registear right about now.

•••
I will never use godaddy anymore but i want my domain back ! which we worked for
Its now on sale with godaddy broker service what should i think?
The solution is not seen

•••
I will never use godaddy anymore but i want my domain back ! which we worked for
Its now on sale with godaddy broker service what should i think?
The solution is not seen

When did you register it? Had it expired?

•••
Just talked to Godaddy and they said they did not steal your name.
They said you may steal someone credit card and use it.
It's clear like back and white. Which part didn't you understand?

•••
Just talked to Godaddy and they said they did not steal your name.
They said you may steal someone credit card and use it.
It's clear like back and white. Which part didn't you understand?
I havenot stealed credit card its mine ! i used my friends name on billing
+ i sent for verification credit card photos + id photos + paypal transaction photos + bank statement photo
The person whos credit card is it am i !!!!!!!!
How may i steal it !!!!
I sent all verification documents to godaddy

•••
If i couldnot verify payment then okay but i verified

I can send everything even kyc that they may ask !

•••
I am pretty sure GoDaddy did not "steal" your domain. There is clearly a billing issue.

@Joe Styler if you want to deal with this.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
You are using someone else credit card and it does not matter who they are - it's illegal.

•••
My sympathy for @kokoshka
Obviously there was no attempt at fraud but thats not how godaddy saw it.
Your title is wrong, please change that, as it wont help when Joe chimes in.
This happens often, your error, doubtful you will get name back

•••
You are using someone else credit card and it does not matter who they are - it's illegal.
men , i have used my credit card , i mentioned this in thead 10 times , i used my friends name on billing , because its common project we are doing it together
I am pretty sure GoDaddy did not "steal" your domain. There is clearly a billing issue.

@Joe Styler if you want to deal with this.

Brad
Thanks for mentioning i hope i will get my domain its very important project for us. i just want my domain back
My sympathy for @kokoshka
Obviously there was no attempt at fraud but thats not how godaddy saw it.
Your title is wrong, please change that, as it wont help when Joe chimes in.
This happens often, your error, doubtful you will get name back
Thanks men , i will change title

•••
You confused Godaddy. So technically your friend (on the billing) used your credit card.
It's the same as you are using your friend credit card.

•••
Now i know , I should not have used different billing name and pay with different card , i know for now but it doesnot change anything to my problem
You confused Godaddy. So technically your friend (on the billing) used your credit card.
It's the same as you are using your friend credit card.
I sent all documents
My friends Id
My id
Card photos
Paypal statement of this transaction
Bank statement of this transaction
I can even send selfie when we both holding our id's

•••
DNProtect deals with stolen domain names and issues like this all the time. Get in touch with us and we'd be happy to look into it. (For transparency, I run DNProtect).

•••
DNProtect deals with stolen domain names and issues like this all the time. Get in touch with us and we'd be happy to look into it. (For transparency, I run DNProtect).
hey
Whats average price for this service?

•••
hey
Whats average price for this service?
Usually for domains that are actually stolen (such as a hacked registrar account and the domain was transferred to another registrar), it runs about $400 US.

But in your case we should be able to resolve it at no charge if everything is like you've described--we would need some more info from you, though.

•••
It looks like you are in contact with the correct team at GoDaddy already on this issue. You should continue to follow up with them as they are part of the legal team and will respond via email.

•••
Back