Dynadot

warning GoDaddy spoof phishing scam to verify WhoIs verification

NameSilo
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
When viewed in Outlook you may see that the return address is NOT from @godaddy.com , but when viewed on a web browser or other mail program, it looks pretty authentic.

But, whenever you receive any email that is not addressed to your name ("Dear Registrant"), you know it is suspect (which is not to say that scammers aren't able to phish your name and address you by it...sometimes they do!):
CENtKAs.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am always suspicion whenever I receive emails that I am not expecting, no matter who's sending it. Once I open it and the message did not add up, it's straight to the trash.

•••
The trick is to never click a link.

If I were to receive that email I would open a new tab, log in to godaddy and see if there was any communication there. Same goes for paypal or your financial institution.

If an email looks authentic, open a new tab, check the corresponding site for any communications.

The number one rule.... PLEASE don't click on a link.

Most of the higher security sites will now mention this when they send you an email, they will no longer provide a link and will instead tell you to visit the site and to login to your account.

•••
I am always suspicion whenever I receive emails that I am not expecting, no matter who's sending it. Once I open it and the message did not add up, it's straight to the trash.

you mean you are expecting all your domain inquiry emails? ;)

•••
the email address always gives those pathetic dumb suckers away

just look at that and u don't even have to read the rest.

•••
The trick is to never click a link.

If I were to receive that email I would open a new tab, log in to godaddy and see if there was any communication there. Same goes for paypal or your financial institution.

If an email looks authentic, open a new tab, check the corresponding site for any communications.
Of course, but recently all of my GoDaddy WhoIs verification emails did not show up in my GD control panel, not at all,
https://www.namepros.com/threads/ho...ication-recertification.1123668/#post-7200727
and yet every WhoIs verification email was authentic:
Am starting to receive the annual GoDaddy emails requesting verification of WhoIs email addresses for domains that remain at GDaddy (haven't transferred them all out yet, but will due to issues client had at GoDaddy)

CyMWLqil.jpg

the emails are legitimate, but Question is: when I login to the account I can't find a complete list of all domains that are requiring current WhoIs verification?

I'd rather just deal with this all at once, rather than tracking down piecemeal all the different emails that correspond to different domain WhoIs for my GoDaddy domains.

This process described here:
https://www.godaddy.com/help/verifying-contact-information-for-icann-validation-8948
doesn't seem to apply. No domains show Pending WhoIs Verification status and there is no orange notification banner at the top of the Manage All / my Domains section, notwithstanding many current "Action required: Verify your contact info" emails from GoDaddy that I have not yet acted upon.

Is there an updated way to login to the GoDaddy account and figure out which domains are currently pending WhoIs verification for ICANN?

Last edited:
•••
One such email, implying to be from GoDaddy, is as of now making the rounds. not overlook all messages from your recorder about confirming your whois data. they won't almost certainly sidestep the two factor validation.

•••
Best not to open.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back