Dynadot

sales GoDaddy sells Beijing.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
According to whois records, GoDaddy’s newly acquired domain name Beijing.com which it acquired with the $28 Million purchase of Marchex domain name portfolio has been sold! Update: GoDaddy has confirmed the sale.
The domain Beijing.com has changed registrants this morning to a Ivy Wong at eName Technology Co.,Ltd.
Beijing is the capital of China with a population of over 21 million people.
Denver.com sold for a confirmed “seven figure deal” in 2012.
Korea.com sold for $5 Million in 2000.

This is easily a seven-figure sale.

Find the complete news on TheDomains

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
is eName Technology Co.,Ltd. a government firm of china? What is the usage of beijing.com ...

•••
That was a super quick flip by GoDaddy.

•••
It would be awesome to find out the sale price....I predicted it would sell for several million, more than any other from the Marchex buyout. The next best name in the bundle is futbol.com

Godaddy got a heck of a deal for $28 million.

It seems a little strange that Marchex did not sell their best names first before dumping the rest in a buyout worth much less.

14 of the best in the buyout: (These are worth $28 million alone imo)

Beijing.com
Locksmiths.com
Corporations.com
Refinancing.com
Remodeling.com
Destination.com
Lasers.com
Futbol.com
Deportes.com
Cuisine.com
Saving.com
KungFu.com
Delis.com
TourGuide.com

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Given how quick this flip happened, I wouldn't doubt that GoDaddy already had a buyer lined up and maybe even already committed.

•••
I figured this one would go quick too... The Chinese market has been on such a boom lately I'm surprised it didn't sell sooner! I'm sure this was easily a seven figure sale... Buyer appears to be in China and I'm sure he's super happy. On the other hand, GoDaddy has probably already made back upwards of an eighth or quarter of what they paid for the entire portfolio... I think both sides won on this one! :)

•••
.. I think both sides won on this one! :)

I still think Marchex was foolish and left millions on the table.

Futbol & Beijing are worth $10 million + combined.

There are other 7 figure names in the batch as well . .

•••
I still think Marchex was foolish and left millions on the table.

There are other 7 figure names in the batch as well . .

Marchex definitely lost out on this deal...I'm talking about GoDaddy and the buyer of Beijing.com :)

They were silly (or even, kinda stupid) for selling that entire portfolio for 28MM lol..Then again, money makes us do crazy things sometimes!

•••
•••
14 of the best in the buyout: (These are worth $28 million alone imo)

Beijing.com
Locksmiths.com
Corporations.com
Refinancing.com
Remodeling.com
Destination.com
Lasers.com
Futbol.com
Deportes.com
Cuisine.com
Saving.com
KungFu.com
Delis.com
TourGuide.com
No way those are worth $28 mil. Not even close IMO. $5 million for all would be lucky but doubtful.

•••
No way those are worth $28 mil. Not even close IMO. $5 million for all would be lucky but doubtful.

$28 million

Beijing.com 6 million
Futbol.com 5 million
Destination.com 3 million
Cuisine.com 2.5 million
Deportes.com 2 million
Lasers.com 1.5 million
Locksmiths.com 1.5 million
TourGuide.com 1 million
Corporations.com 1 million
KungFu.com 1 million
Saving.com 1 million
Remodeling.com 1 million
Refinancing.com 1 million
Delis.com 500k

Last edited:
•••

I would have to disagree... Those names alone have to be worth upwards (or over) 28 million.. Once it comes out I wouldn't be surprised to see Beijing alone sell for 5-10MM. The only way it would be less would be if GoDaddy was looking for a quick sale. After the funding they got going public I don't think they were in a rush, but who knows.

•••
$28 million

Beijing.com 6 million
Futbol.com 5 million
Destination.com 3 million
Cuisine.com 2.5 million
Deportes.com 2 million
Lasers.com 1.5 million
Locksmiths.com 1.5 million
TourGuide.com 1 million
Corporations.com 1 million
KungFu.com 1 million
Saving.com 1 million
Remodeling.com 1 million
Refinancing.com 1 million
Delis.com 500k
Not close. The top 4 are maybe million dollar domains to the absolute right buyer. Folks here act like it's common to see 7 figure sales. It's not. For example, locksmiths is more like very low 6 figures, not even close to $1.5...

And I think if the price of Beijing is made public it will shock many because of the low selling point.

•••
Not close. The top 4 are maybe million dollar domains to the absolute right buyer. Folks here act like it's common to see 7 figure sales. It's not. For example, locksmiths is more like very low 6 figures, not even close to $1.5...

And I think if the price of Beijing is made public it will shock many because of the low selling point.

The reality is millions of dollars represent tiddly winks to many investors. Especially so for the richest families and mega corporations who print the money and laugh at everyone while they swallow real assets.

The all day and all night money printing by the central banksters has weakened the dollar substantially.

$12 million today is about as valuable as $6 million in 2000 dollars when Korea.com sold for $5 million.

Did you know that if minimum wage was equally comparable to what it was in the 1950s/1960s, it would be around $35/hour!

The best of the best .coms are easily $1 million in the hyperinflated fiat currency

Last edited:
•••
The reality is millions of dollars represent tiddly winks to many investors. Especially so for the richest families and mega corporations who print the money and laugh at everyone while they swallow real assets.

The all day and night money printing by the central banksters happening 24 hours a day has weakened the dollar substantially.

$6 million today is like $12 million in 2000 dollars when Korea.com sold for $5 million

Did you know that if minimum wage was the equivalent to what it was in the 1950s/1960s, it would be around $35/hour!

The best of the best .coms are easily $1 million in the hyperinflated fiat currency
The reality is only what sells now, not future and past stats. Domains like saving.com are 5 figures and maybe 6 when luck is involved.

•••
Savings.com sold for $1.9 million in 2003

The reality is only what sells now, not future and past stats. Domains like saving.com are 5 figures and maybe 6 when luck is involved.

•••
Savings.com sold for $1.9 million in 2003
What does that have to do with it? One letter makes all the difference when it comes to domains.

•••
Beijing.com is a extremely good domain name for china market

•••
Possible. But until a buyer steps up with checkbook open, the value of the assets is pretty much theoretical.
The dilemma is always the same:
  • sell the domain below perceived value, but for real cash
  • or wait for a dream buyer that may never come

•••
Possible. But until a buyer steps up with checkbook open, the value of the assets is pretty much theoretical.
The dilemma is always the same:
  • sell the domain below perceived value, but for real cash
  • or wait for a dream buyer that may never come

I agree, but shouldn't GoDaddy be the kind of player who can afford to wait?!

If I was into betting, my guess would be that it went for $4,5 million. But that is just guess with no "backup" whatsoever.

•••

Godaddy is a publicly traded company now. A large domain sale or two can help their quarterly numbers, while waiting 2-3 years for the perfect buyer who may never show doesn't help them at all.

•••
The real question is, how long did Marchex wait before them :) GD might have been more proactive, or more flexible on pricing, thus realizing a sale that couldn't happen under previous ownership.

•••
•••
Back