IT.COM

registrars GoDaddy.scam - Be Careful!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi guys,

I just bought a domain DOMAIN.GURU via Godaddy, they took my money and gave me no domain.-_-

domainguuur.png

domaingururr.png

I didnt get a refund. Support says that I should waiting 24-72hrs! -_-

Godaddy should rename to Godaddy.loans - we took your money.

loan.guru for $44.99 really????

loan guru.png

car.expert for $139.99 unbelievable!!!

carexpert.png

web.guru just for $44.99

webguruu.png

I couldn't believe it ...before purchasing a domain I chatting with Godaddy support.. 'Lizza' she said that's not a EAP! its a domain registration.

ShutUpAndTakeMyMoneyCard.png

SEX.GURU for $999

sexguruddd.png

sex.expert $139

sexecppp.png

hotel.guru $44.99

hotel goro.png

etc...

GUYS BE CAREFUL! IT'S NOT A DOMAIN REGISTRATION! IT'S A PREREGISTRATION!

I just wasted my money and time.
Best,
RU

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That should not be happened. They should provide you domain after order.

•••
•••
Its preordering..
They should refund money, if they are not able to book the domain for you

•••
101domain I paid 42$ shit and the money is with them for almost a month.. and now its refunded ;) -- NICE LOAN scheme

•••
•••
101domain I paid 42$ shit and the money is with them for almost a month.. and now its refunded ;) -- NICE LOAN scheme
illegal loan scheme...

•••
Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the info. Sorry you lost out on some $ but you should get a refund (I hope).

-Omar

•••
•••
yes I see that is Pre-Registration

•••
•••
That's ok. if its available, it will be shown as available. but you need to buy it paying premium prices.for that you can contact the registry or registry authorized registrars who sell their premium domains.
You'll get your refund in 10-15 days, not because of godaddy but because of your bank policies.

Hi guys,

I just bought a domain DOMAIN.GURU via Godaddy, they took my money and gave me no domain.-_-

Show attachment 14025
Show attachment 14024

I didnt get a refund. Support says that I should waiting 24-72hrs! -_-

Godaddy should rename to Godaddy.loans - we took your money.

loan.guru for $44.99 really????

Show attachment 14029

car.expert for $139.99 unbelievable!!!

Show attachment 14030

web.guru just for $44.99

Show attachment 14031

I couldn't believe it ...before purchasing a domain I chatting with Godaddy support.. 'Lizza' she said that's not a EAP! its a domain registration.

ShutUpAndTakeMyMoneyCard.png

SEX.GURU for $999

Show attachment 14032

sex.expert $139

Show attachment 14033

hotel.guru $44.99

Show attachment 14034

etc...

GUYS BE CAREFUL! IT'S NOT A DOMAIN REGISTRATION! IT'S A PREREGISTRATION!

I just wasted my money and time.
Best,
RU

•••
Yeah you could write a book on godaddy scams. Just now chest.com available, now it is not once I tried to buy it. That happens a lot on godaddy you will search and then it is gone once you try to buy I think they grab the good names themselves which I am sure is against icann rules for a registrar?

•••
Yeah you could write a book on godaddy scams. Just now chest.com available, now it is not once I tried to buy it. That happens a lot on godaddy you will search and then it is gone once you try to buy I think they grab the good names themselves which I am sure is against icann rules for a registrar?

that could have been an error. Chest.com was registered in 1996 and is registered till 2017 already

•••
Well another registrar is telling me it might be available and there is no who is info.

•••
•••
That sucks... I just can't stand those kinds of tactics. GoDaddy isn't the only one that does those kinds of things either! What I always wondered is... Do you have to contact them and request a refund, or is it done automatically if they don't book the domain for you? If you have to actually contact them for a refund then I could see a number of people potentially forgetting and them making an extra boat load off it!

•••
They have a bad glitch with showing a premium domain or a plural alternative as available then you click the purchase button and it says error and you get redirected back to domain search. It happens so many times it's very annoying!

•••
I also paid for backorders on 2 domains with godaddy never got the domains and never got the refunds! And no they were not premium but things I actually wanted to develop.

•••
They have a bad glitch with showing a premium domain or a plural alternative as available then you click the purchase button and it says error and you get redirected back to domain search. It happens so many times it's very annoying!

So why is it that no registrar is accountable for their mistakes and they always go in their favor?

•••
hi all
i just chatted with the live support guys

• Brandon - One moment, please.
  • you - ok
  • Brandon - Ok this domain name is being sold as a Premium domain. So it has not been released to the market yet. It will end up going to auctions on July 15th and then you can bid on the domain.
  • Brandon - if you do not win the domain your pre reg is refunded.
  • you - but why it is showing as pre-reg, dotguru has released a year before, why it is showing as pre-reg
  • you - its confusing
  • Brandon - because it's pre registration for the premium domain. not all gurus were released
looks like those names were not released earlier, kept as reserve and now those are released and multiple pre-reg will leads to closed auction

good luck!

•••
hi all
i just chatted with the live support guys

• Brandon - One moment, please.
  • you - ok
  • Brandon - Ok this domain name is being sold as a Premium domain. So it has not been released to the market yet. It will end up going to auctions on July 15th and then you can bid on the domain.
  • Brandon - if you do not win the domain your pre reg is refunded.
  • you - but why it is showing as pre-reg, dotguru has released a year before, why it is showing as pre-reg
  • you - its confusing
  • Brandon - because it's pre registration for the premium domain. not all gurus were released
looks like those names were not released earlier, kept as reserve and now those are released and multiple pre-reg will leads to closed auction

good luck!

Smells fishy to me.

•••
where to find the list of released keywords now????

•••
Where's the scam? All I see is a few glitches?

•••
Back