IT.COM

information GoDaddy Quick Content Parking

NameSilo
Watch
Has anyone used this? What was your experience?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am not familier with it, but due to previous experience by other members, I can guess its of no use. Because of some cheap artciles and pictures, Google will not rank your site and CTR with content sites is much lower. Useless IMO.

•••
Years ago with the mini-site craze you could smack up a few paragraphs of related text with some images and rank fairly well but those days are gone. Would say don't half ass develop something just for the sake of developing it as decades80 said CTR is generally lower anyway. If you don't have an interest in a topic then keep the domain parked or redirected to a sales page and make your income from parking or a domain sale.

Develop things that you have an interest in as then you will stay focused on keeping it updated and bringing it well above the mini-site stage. Better to have 5 killer sites than 100 mini-sites with barely any effort put into them. Quality over Quantity can be applied all the way down the board whether that is domain purchases, traffic purchasing or site development.

Last edited:
•••
According to a forum member Godaddy is discontinuing this product which they advertised as non expiring !! Any update?

•••
According to a forum member Godaddy is discontinuing this product which they advertised as non expiring !! Any update?

I called G today, the support rep said they were discontinuing "quick content" (QC) in June, but it would remain active for domains that are using the system now..

however, my understanding is that it is a part of their cash parking (CP) system. so if you let CP expire, the quick content would expire, too.

-----------------------------------

I am using QC for one domain, as an experiment. I tried it with a low traffic domain, and the traffic increased from 15 per day to a little over 30 per day. After several months, there are 70 pages of content.

the system allows the user to add three advertisements, and the same ads show on all the pages. affiliate ads are acceptable (even expected).

I was planning on adding a few more domains to the system, to see if it could be used as a (cheap-easy) targeted traffic source for an ecommerce site. the ads on the QC page don't have to be affiliate ads - they could be your own ads that are linked to your own money-producing website.

for my one domain, QC increased traffic and provided 70 pages of relevant, formatted content. and hosted it.
for a cost of $5.

tl;dr _____ G is shutting down the quick content system.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back