Dynadot

GoDaddy prices going up for Argentina due to exchange rate

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Just got this in an email:

"Due to the Argentinian currency devaluation we're obliged to increase all our prices effective October 24, 2019. It is possible that during the transition period the email messages you receive from GoDaddy to renew your products may not reflect these increases. However, you may refer to your account after the effective date above to verify how the price changes affect your products."

Thought it was for all areas but it seems the currency exchange rate is the culprit in Argentina.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you live in Argentina, hombre?

•••
Do you live in Argentina, hombre?

No. That is why I am so confused as to why I got the email...actually wondering if it is legitimate...haven't checked the headers yet but think I will.

btw, I would love to visit Argentina one day!

•••
Maybe you made a purchase in pesos at some point? I remember reading a while ago that DDC subscription was significantly cheaper when paid in pesos.

Also, it's clear from the message they sent you that prices are only going up in Argentine peso.

•••
Maybe you made a purchase in pesos at some point?

You may have it figured out...several years ago I was playing around with currencies...may have added privacy to a name as a test...thanks...mystery solved!

Think I will try to alter title.

•••
Their prices are astronomical anyway.

•••
Their prices are astronomical anyway.

Who cares? They are a arrogant lot, exploiting their existing status as the leader in the market.

•••
Still, they're probably the most reputable. End users trust their brand the most I think..

•••
Hi, im argentinian, The price in GD today is 10 dollars for .com. It was until a few days ago at 13 dollars. For us, the price increased but in Argentine pesos. Mister Funsky, you are welcome. I live in Misiones province, land of Iguazu Falls, one of the new seven naturals wonders. For foreigners and due to devaluation, it is very cheap to visit Argentina

•••
Back