Dynadot

question GoDaddy park problem, bot questions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Malin94

Established Member
Impact
1. Hello guys 10' user here, i'm sorry of re-posting something already discussed (if), for some reason i cannot park my domain on godaddy. Do i need a host? I tought the name servers should be the defaults ones, + i didn't find the option to edit my domain. Maybe it is a neewbie question, last time i dealt with sites/dns/webhost happened when cs 1.6 was relevant and i owned my site
Any feedback pls.

2. A friend of mine gave this idea of domain "business" so i insta jump into it. Listed my domain for sale on godaddy/afternic but i have to move it on other platforms in order to set a biddings on there (like namecheap,sedo). As far as i set the domain "parked" i should be able to list it no?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. Hello guys 10' user here, i'm sorry of re-posting something already discussed (if), for some reason i cannot park my domain on godaddy. Do i need a host? I tought the name servers should be the defaults ones, + i didn't find the option to edit my domain. Maybe it is a neewbie question, last time i dealt with sites/dns/webhost happened when cs 1.6 was relevant and i owned my site
Any feedback pls.

2. A friend of mine gave this idea of domain "business" so i insta jump into it. Listed my domain for sale on godaddy/afternic but i have to move it on other platforms in order to set a biddings on there (like namecheap,sedo). As far as i set the domain "parked" i should be able to list it no?
Is the registrar GoDaddy? If not, then you could still park the domain at Afternic, not GoDaddy. If it is at GoDaddy, the default has the domain parked there. The interface is actually fairly simple there, although it can be a little overwhelming at first. Be reassured, there are tutorials at GD to help.

In order to have biddings on your domain, with Afternic it can be a bit tricky. If you leave the domain at a minimum offer price, and don't fill the other areas in, you presumably would be able to get bids on the domains. You can fill in the minimum floor price, allowing the Afternic staff to accept bids and make the sale at a price that otherwise is not disclosed to the potential buyer. But, there is the option that someone may send a price request anyhow, to see the price you are willing to sell. You don't have to switch to Sedo or Namecheap to take bids.

r Namecheap only allows BIN listings for domains registered there. Sedo, on the other hand, is fine for taking bids. It has an easy interface for that.

Hope that helps a little. If you could provide some more information and perhaps clarify the questions, we have some real pros here on the forum that might be able to chime in. Also, se have some great help from the GoDaddy staff here on Namepros at times, so feel free to reach out to them as well. @Joe Styler and @James Iles

Last edited:
•••
Solved, it was on afternic, ty

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back