Dynadot

GoDaddy or Uniregistry or ???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is a better registrar?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Godaddy

votes
    38.3%
  • Uniregistry

votes
    29.8%
  • Other

votes
    31.9%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

What is today's best domain registrar for registering? For keeping your portfolio, etc? I am getting pretty tired of Godaddy and their gimmicky offers / promotions and overall terrible customer service. Am I stuck with them or are there better options? Please note, I am in the US, so would prefer my registrar to be here as well. Would love to hear pro's and con's.

Thank you in advanced for your help / suggestions.
Mike C.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think Alpnames is quite good. I know people who bought names through them and did not have many problems. Did anyone else use them? What do you think?

•••
Godaddy has crazy prices! If you haven't club domain discount.
To renew a .com + privacy with daddy you spend 15 € .com + 10 € for privacy = 25 € = $ 30.
$ 30 for a .com renewal is insane!

I think Alpnames is quite good. I know people who bought names through them and did not have many problems. Did anyone else use them? What do you think?

I use it.
Never had any issue with alpnames. I bought and transfered to them several domains, only a little delay with 1 .com transfer.
Alpnames has good prices, very good support via email + live, 2 FA auth (and godaddy for my country hasn't!), all good for me.
I reccomend it.

•••
Uniregistry - Bulk domain management tools are excellent
Dynadot - Good interface.
Namesilo - Good for us, Domainers.
GoDaddy - is good for sales. Domain management is worse.

•••
I was with enom almost exclusively, years ago, having been a top level ETP (now platinum reseller). Over a dispute involving their lack of ethics in my losing a valuable name to NameJet without the proper redemption process, i moved all my names to GD. Thank god for all the coupons they used to allow prior to their discount club. I saved a TON moving my names to them.

I still like GD in general for their easy pushes when selling domains to other GD clients. But I hate having to pay to get decent pricing, and coupons stopped working for me too.

Thats about the time Uniregistry came along and offered me a decent price. So I am split right now about 50/40/10 godaddy/uniregistry/others

A couple months ago I started being active here again, and rediscovered epik via their terrific NP pricing program

So my intentions now are to move my GD names mostly to epik as they come up for renewal. I refuse to keep my names at any registrar who does not support the 60 day whois lock opt out. I talked to GD and they were clueless about it. Uniregistry had the opt out from the start and now epik allows the opt out too.

Last edited:
•••
We do have some deals but the best pricing is found by using the domain discount club. https://www.godaddy.com/domains/discount-domains.aspx and from time to time we offer discounts on the purchase of this club. Come listen to me speak at Namescon and you might even get a terrific deal on it - shameless plug I know but hey, I'm speaking at the same time as Frank Schilling so I may need some extra help to have people come watch me ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back