IT.COM

GoDaddy loves to sell you something each time you call or chat with them

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
The latest occasion was when I chatted over a couple of emails I had received to verify a couple of domain WhoIs - wanted to make sure all was well with GDiddy and ICANN.

The rep near the end of the chat wanted to ask me about "one more thing," Lieutenant Columbo style - which was, that he noticed that all of my domains expire in 2023 with the exception of 12 that expire 3 - 5 years earlier. He wanted to make things easier for me and have all domains expire on the same day in 2023. I don't even use GD much for domain sale holding, these are almost all domains that have active websites on them, about 100 domains.

I declined. I am actually going to transfer most all of these domains to DynaDot eventually where I pay about eight per year for dot coms, lower than GDiddy even after their offer-you-can't-refuse-today-only discount. :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Totally agree - everyone at Go Daddy must be on commission and told to try and sell each caller something extra.

Caller... All my wordpress websites are down
GD......that's nice, if I put you on hold for 25 mins I can look into it for you
Caller...do i have to stay on the phone
GD...YES, if you want us to fix your problem
Caller...FFS
GD....just before I place you on hold with the worst on hold music ever created, I see you have a number of wordpress websites. If we renew all for 25 years, I can save you 25%. How does that sound?

lol

The other thing you really have to watch out for is there GD website builder - until quite recently they would auto add this to your cart every-time. Then you'd remove as it's terrible. However their trick was to add it back in at the checkout in the hope that you'd forget to take it off for the SECOND time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back