NameSilo

GoDaddy Keeps Taking Wokeness to New Levels. Therefore, I'm DONE as a Customer...

Located in Domain Registrar Reviews, started by The Rover, Sep 9, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. NickB

NickB it's a mystery VIP

Like someone once said......

“Whilst some people inspire, others conspire”

It is what it is.......

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. mr-x

mr-x Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Corporations are not moral or immoral. The management can be good or bad, moral or immoral but mostly they just virtue signal.

Ad touting black businesses are made to appeal to young liberals. Otherwise they would be promoting businesses with real entrepreneurs, not models.

3. The Rover

The Rover Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Why is that necessary? Also, again, flip the narrative. Imagine if there were "white pride" newsletters being sent out from Godddy.

Do you not understand how you're literally proving my point? Your post above makes you sound as if you truly believe that blacks are somehow innately "incapable" of building businesses when compared to other races. And the crime comment? Do you not understand how overtly racist all of that sounds? Sorry, but I don't think you're grasping any of this.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  4. biggie

biggie GreenFriendly.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi

basically, your point, is pointing in the wrong direction.

i think you are wanting to see it as being racist and are gripping hard on that perspective.

and as is, it's already too political, so i'm out, before i have to go aqua boogie

imo...

5. Beezy

Beezy Top Contributor VIP

Rover, support Black businesses one weekend out of the month if you can. In my town we have a night fleamarket, but if you make the effort we can go a long way to building Black wealth in this country.

So this is my challenge to you - don't get angry - find some black owned businesses near you, and give them support over a weekend. Give it a shot and see if it feels racist. Thanks.

Just an experiment.

6. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Yeah Don as a black man you are not grasping any of this. Maybe one day.

7. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Black owned business promotion happens just about everywhere not just GoDaddy. Just Google Black owned business as a category I order from DoorDash a lot and they have a section that says black owned businesses.

Why are there so few Black businesses?

It's true that the numbers should be higher. African Americans make up more than 13% of the U.S. population, but only own 7% of the businesses there. The answer to this question will vary depending on whom you ask, but most agree that racism, discrimination and predatory lending are all factors because many aspiring Black business owners have been unfairly turned down by banks when applying for small business loans.

Another factor is that there is a lack of economic and business resources in African American communities. This leads to a lack of education on how to properly start and manage a successful business.

https://www.blackbusiness.com/p/facts-statistics-black-owned-businesses.html

8. .X.

.X. In God I Trust VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Simple solution … Don’t give Godaddy your money … don’t give Woke Fucks money and they will eventually collapse …

9. Paul Nicks

Paul Nicks VIP Member GoDaddy Staff PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Sorry you feel this way. If you need help retrieving authcodes or anything, lemme know

10. The Rover

The Rover Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

@Paul-nicks

Question A.) Will you be injecting the skin colors of all other races into your subject lines of your mass emails?

Question B.) If the answer is "no" to question A, then how does that define "equality" and "inclusiveness" that your company claims to promote?

These are two simple questions that I'd like to have your perspectives on.

11. .X.

There is tons of Black Wealth in America .. there is White poor people ..Black poor people .. Latina poor people .. Wealth - poor - in all races in America . .. my wife is Black .. my son is bi racial white - black … don’t start this woke bullshit with me .. I know better

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  12. .X.

WOKE is a Marxist narrative agenda .. WOKE started by Black Lives Matter founders who are admittaly Marxist .. Cullors .. Tometi .. Garza .. all self admitted Marxist .. where are those founders now ?? They resigned from Black Lives Matters … they got their money and hauled ass on the movement and the black people of America

13. NickB

NickB it's a mystery VIP

Made me laugh out loud - dry humour at it's best.........

14. Paul Nicks

Paul Nicks VIP Member GoDaddy Staff PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

A) I have nothing to do with our marketing dept, so I can't speak to whatever campaigns they may choose to run.
    B) I don't believe marketing is a zero-sum effort, just because we try to lift up or promote one demographic in an email blast doesn't mean we are denigrating all others

My best guess is that our analytics team found that black entrepreneurs (or maybe female+black, or female+black+young) was growing quickly and would respond positively to that email, thus endearing themselves more to the brand. Every brand wants their customer to feel like they are seen/heard and their needs are met. When you blast everyone with the exact same message then you run into the issue of ppl assuming you (the customer) are "just a number". People generally respond positively to personalization.

15. .X.

@Paul Nicks … I have been around in this industry a few minutes .. I have talked Bob Parsons on few occasions by phone . .. met him once .. Bob is a great guy and I hated to see him sell Godaddy ..Godaddy should leave any and all political .. racial .. gender … out of their business model .. In my Opinion…. Webmasters .. domainers have a very broad spectrum of different races .. religions .. everything for that matter .. it’s a very broad spectrum of people from all over the world .. I can’t speak for others .. but when I am using hosting .. purchasing domain services from a service … the very last thing I want is that service promoting racial .. gender .. religion .. if it doesn’t have to with the services offered .. I don’t want see or feel that shit .. period …

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice