IT.COM

GoDaddy issues / ease of management

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems like managing domains at godaddy has become less efficient.

First, my preset profiles for domain registrations no longer work. So I have to check every new registration and change the dns (from godaddy default dns) and the auto renew preferences. It stopped working a month or so ago.

Now today, for the first time I am noticing within the manager, the domains are appearing differently. I used to be able to click on the domain, easily see the dns, the lock status and when it would be removed, the create date, premium setting, tab over to the contacts etc.

Now when I click on the domain it is a completely different story. I cannot see the lock status. I can't see the various contact settings, dns etc. I cannot see much actually. To me this is not good...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Actually if you click on the individual domain in your list, then scroll down below "Contact Information" you will see "Additional Settings" and Lock Status should be under that.

Thanks but I had already tried that. All it shows when you go there is that transfering out / get auth code is disabled (presumably because of the transfer lock) but there's no information or date beyond that.

•••
Thanks but I had already tried that. All it shows when you go there is that transfering out / get auth code is disabled (presumably because of the transfer lock) but there's no information or date beyond that.
Ugh, not good. I really thought I had found it somewhere. But also now finding the auto-renew setting is a nightmare. Kudos to Godaddy for helping unfamiliar customers to DELETE their domains in that process. Brilliant!

Last edited:
•••
I would like to propose as a concession or compromise that GoDaddy add a "locked-until date" field to the exportable lists to make this information available to customers somewhere without affecting the user interference.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back