Dynadot

GoDaddy ever Front Run you? Someone did it to me (I think)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MobyOne

Established Member
Impact
-I have an email with a receipt showing I bought a domain, it's an NFT related domain, from GoDaddy.

-6 minutes later I got an email from GoDaddy saying:

"This is the error message we got from the registry: The domain has already been registered in another account

We'll look into why this happened and try to fix it. But if we're still unable to register the domain, we'll go ahead and give you a refund (allow one business day for processing). "

-I checked the ICANN registry and the domain was registered 5 minutes AFTER I received my receipt saying I bought it.

-It was registered to Domains by Proxy, LLC. a GoDaddy owned company.

Anybody else ever have this happen? I called customer service at GoDaddy and he got his two superiors involved and none of them had ever seen it or could explain what happened. They referred me to GoDaddy Legal. I'm hoping to hear back from my attorney tomorrow.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This just happened to me as well. As soon as I started looking for the name it becomes unavailable. I look at who purchased it & it's Domains by Proxy & the purchase time is the exact same time I was doing a search. What a scam.
In my situation it ended up being someone here who was working with someone at GoDaddy. I typed it into the appraisal form and then deleted it because I remembered I hadn't bought it yet. Went and bought it at the same time as the person here and they had better friends at GD than me. They've even made fun of me for it in this thread.

Yes, the people at NP can see what you type in the appraisal form before you click enter. Go type something into it and watch the upper right corner of the screen.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back