IT.COM

registrars GoDaddy denied registration

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VivifyDomains

journey-x.comEstablished Member
Impact
I registered a domain name via Godaddy paid for it and everything, and then nothing happened. Normally the domain name will be in my account within seconds. I contacted support after an hour and they just told me to wait.

Now two days later they sent me a short email just saying there was an error and I'll be refunded.

Wondering if anyone else has experience with this. Is this normal and why does it happen? The domain name still shows as unregistered on Godaddy, should I try to register it again once I get the refund or don't bother?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I registered a domain name via Godaddy paid for it and everything, and then nothing happened. Normally the domain name will be in my account within seconds. I contacted support after an hour and they just told me to wait.

Now two days later they sent me a short email just saying there was an error and I'll be refunded.

Wondering if anyone else has experience with this. Is this normal and why does it happen? The domain name still shows as unregistered on Godaddy, should I try to register it again once I get the refund or don't bother?
Was it a .com or another TLD?

•••
•••
It was a .jobs
Without knowing the name, I can say that certain TLD registries (especially new gTLD registries) have blocking lists for domains that cannot be registered, based on trademarks, and more.

DM the domain if you like, maybe I can see why.

Last edited:
•••
Without knowing the name, I can say that certain TLD registries (especially new gTLD registries) have blocking lists for domains that cannot be registered, based on trademarks, and more.

DM the domain if you like, maybe I can see why.
Ahh ok that may be why, thanks I'll DM it to you in a sec

•••
•••
Ahh ok that may be why, thanks I'll DM it to you in a sec
Thanks for the DM.

Seems to be a "Registry Premium" domain name. Can be registered elsewhere for top dollar amount.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the DM.

Seems to be a "Registry Premium" domain name. Can be registered elsewhere for top dollar amount.
Thanks for looking into it and that ICANN site is very useful will keep for future reference

•••
I had a similar experience with a .ms betting name on Dynadot. Even after repeated attempts, I was getting an order failed message. Refund comes to their internal wallet which you are forced spend there.

•••
I had a similar experience with a .ms betting name on Dynadot. Even after repeated attempts, I was getting an order failed message. Refund comes to their internal wallet which you are forced spend there.

For what it’s worth, you can dispute that with your credit card company as they violates ALL of their processing agreements (Visa, MC, Amex, Discover, hell even Diners Club); if the originally desired service or product is not available, returning funds to the original source must be made available.

With that said, just reach out to Dyna support. Been using them for years and never ran into an issue getting help.

•••
Back