IT.COM

GoDaddy deliberately stopping Transfer out

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have a couple of hundred domain names at GoDaddy and recently facing issue with them, they are not allowing to transfer out domain name without sending email to [email protected].

When a transfer is started at other registrar, I usually go to Transfers Out page and approve it and within minutes the domain name is at new registrar. This doesn't seems to be the case, at least with me. I contacted support, with Paul and Joe Styler but they weren't able to solve the issue for me.

I replied to the transferverify email 48 hours ago and they reply back after one day with the message that I can approve them now, I tried but same error "We couldn't approve the transfer of $.domainNames. Please try again.", see image below. There are 28 domain names pending transfer.

Is this the situation with GoDaddy lately or is this issue with my account only? Almost every domain name I transfer out, I have to contact them. Seems like a non-sense to me, the level of NetworkSolutions.

Please suggest a solution. I'm already contemplating to move away all of my domain names.

upload_2021-8-4_19-49-16.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've had this before with the same error on the front end. If I'm not mistaken, it seems to only happen with names that have a half decent monetary worth attached to them by their systems. That's probably a good thing, but the error is bad and doesn't help.

Generally they end up transferring after a few days after confirming.

Last edited:
•••
This will only happen with what they consider "high-end" or "premium" names.
You need to contact them to remove the lock.

•••
I had the same issue with a transfer, on a domain I certainly don't consider "premium". I am not sure how GoDaddy decides what to flag, but from my experience some of the domains it considers "high-end" are rather odd.

Brad

•••
If I remember correctly, if you listed the domains for sale and are using fast transfer, you have to disable the fast transfer service.

Last edited:
•••
GD recently sent out emails to owners of what they consider to be valuable high-risk names. An extra level of security was added to protect them from being fraudulently transferred out of accounts.

Check your emails?

Last edited:
•••
yeah..this happens only on what they think are better names..which isn't always accurate but u get the point.

just wait 5 days then it goes.. else email to expedite

•••
I am experiencing this right now. It's like pulling teeth. I always use to worry that the domain is in expired auction and this "hold" is preventing the domain from being transferred out so you will be forced to renew or worst case scenario pay a redemption fee.

oh the other hand it it all works out and you finally get the domain transferred out you kinda get an idea which of your domains are valuable.

If Godaddy wants it "that bad" then it must be good. lol

kind of like a "value" litmus test.

as far as value?

I have some domains that I don't feel are worth $2000 but maybe $1000 and are currently "Stuck" with this "$.domain name" tag.

Also when you check each of these "stuck" domains there is a column for each that is marked "Reason" and for all of these stuck domains the reason is "4".

What is this reason "4" exactly?

•••
as I said..their valuations not always accurate.. but I think in most cases they are... it has to do with name.age etc..

it kinda sucks cause slows u down ...but hey maybe for some folk it will be life saver against hackers etc... I dont mind 5day wait then it auto goes..or if I do mind I just email em

cheers

•••
They did this to me before;

It was my favorite domain with a govalue >$9K

Godaddy wants make life miserable to the end

Samer

Last edited:
•••
They did this to me before;

It was my favorite domain with a govalue >$9K

Godaddy wants make life miserable to the end

Samer

maybe that be true if trnasfer wouldn't go aftr 5 days unless u.email em..thatd be bad.. but it.does go..

it's just a delay security measure

many registrars dont allow expediate anyway..well a few..

I only have 15 names left at gd.. tho gd.auctions still works best for me... but the gd pricing model.. with doubled price ddc lately. well it's just big turn off. strictly on principle. the biggest richest registrar having worst pricing model.. it is just wrong. so I use mostly dyna

now dyna co prices going up to 10usd.. I gotta find.out if that's new standard everywhere.. didnt follow the increase much but didnt think its 2usd more.

Last edited:
•••
•••
maybe that be true if trnasfer wouldn't go aftr 5 days unless u.email em..thatd be bad.. but it.does go..

it's just a delay security measure

many registrars dont allow expediate anyway..well a few..

I only have 15 names left at gd.. tho gd.auctions still works best for me... but the gd pricing model.. with doubled price ddc lately. well it's just big turn off. strictly on principle. the biggest richest registrar having worst pricing model.. it is just wrong. so I use mostly dyna

now dyna co prices going up to 10usd.. I gotta find.out if that's new standard everywhere.. didnt follow the increase much but didnt think its 2usd more.

What if I had a sale and customer waiting for the domain name? Why would I wait for longer when it can be within 10 minutes?

Almost all domainer friendly registrars have this feature. Epik, namecheap, name.com, namesilo, dynadot.com. Even some bigger ones like Tucows send you automatic approval email as soon as the transfer is started.

Still waiting for GoDaddy to approve them. They are not even replying to my emails. I will be moving all my domain names away, within this month.

•••
Still waiting for GoDaddy to approve them. They are not even replying to my emails. I will be moving all my domain names away, within this month.
Not if you can't transfer them out you won't :hungover:

•••
Had this "Reason 4" experience today. No explanation in the Transfers Dashboard. Had to contact support via phone. They couldn't solve it, and I was told to send an email to the address mentioned earlier in this thread. There's really nothing special about these 3 domains I'd like to transfer, but suddenly there seems to be a risk. Rest of the batch went through without troubles. Terrible experience once again >:(

•••
I am experiencing the same issue. I recently sold a typo domain on NameLiquidate for XX.

The non-typo would be a tremendously valuable generic keyword.

Its been 5 days - 3 week days plus weekend and domain is still in 'Pending Transfer' status.

I haven't contacted GoDaddy yet as it might just be a typical delay, but after reading this thread I may contact the transferverify email mentioned above...

•••
Just to update everyone in case it's helpful, I just received an email from [email protected] (note the domain), but it WAS from GoDaddy.

The subject was: High Risk Transfer Mitigation - very possibly the scenario where they may have thought my domain was high valued.

All I had to do was go to the Transfers page at GD and Approve the Transfer again,which I did, and the domain was out of my account instantaneously.

•••
I had even an issue with pushing a domain to dan godaddy account. I keep receiving every email but not the one that I needed to approve the push. The chat support was useless. Tried three times to restart the process and waiting. Kept receiving every email and not the particular one. In the end I took the autho code and choose to transfer out

Last edited:
•••
I had even an issue with pushing a domain to dan godaddy account. I keep receiving every email but not the one that I needed to approve the push. The chat support was useless. Tried three times to restart the process and waiting. Kept receiving every email and not the particular one. In the I took the autho code and choose to transfer out
It took about 6 days in my case before receiving the transferverify email from GD.

To their credit, their systems did flag it as a High Risk Mitigation situation and directed me to their transfers page to Re-Approve the transfer out.

Sometimes Support may not fully understand their own processes. Also, I am generally impatient, but have usually found it best in many situations to just let automated systems run their course....

•••
It took about 6 days in my case before receiving the transferverify email from GD.

To their credit, their systems did flag it as a High Risk Mitigation situation and directed me to their transfers page to Re-Approve the transfer out.

Sometimes Support may not fully understand their own processes. Also, I am generally impatient, but have usually found it best in many situations to just let automated systems run their course....
I've transferred out the domain in minutes after approving in my dashboard. Pushing between accounts shouldn't require 1 week. They always have random issue and don't know how to fix them

•••
•••
•••
Any updates on this and ability to opt out. I sold a domain for 5 figures and cannot complete the transfer b because of this mess. This is incompetent that this would be done with no explanation, just an error and try again message. The verify email is not responsive.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back