IT.COM

GoDaddy auctions - You are prohibited from bidding

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
There is a domain I am interested in purchasing from Godaddy auctions, but when I go to click to "Buy the Name" ( its a fixed price ) - I get an error message on the screen telling me I am prohibited from bidding.

I have used Godaddy auctions in the past without any problems, so I can't work out why I am prohibited. The domain auction expires in just under 48 hours - so there is still enough time left.

Anyone care to shed some light on this ???

Thanks

Alex

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you contacted GD and asked them if everything is running correctly with your account?

•••
Yeah GoDaddy is awesome about answering questions.

•••
I'll send them off an email and ask if they can let me know why I can't make a purchase for this domain.

Also, apologies for the blatant spelling mistake in the title of this thread. Prohinited = Prohibited !!

Alex

•••
If you are in a hurry call them: (480)505-8877. They are pretty fast solving problems on the phone.

•••
I got the same error message a couple of weeks ago. As I couldn't find any help, explanation I had to figure out myself. So, in my case the cause of the problem was that my TDNAM account expired. Renewed it and the error message disappeared.

•••
Did you finally get it worked out Alex?

•••
Just heard back from Godaddy about 20 mins ago. It appears that my TDNAM membership had expired, and unless I have an active membership - I can't bid on any auctions. Gonna go through now and see if I can find any coupons to get a better price on the membership.

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions - it was all very much appreciated.

Alex

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back