Dynadot

GoDaddy Auctions - Report Problems Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
In this thread, we can report our issues for Godaddy Auctions to try to fix them.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you are seeing slowness on the auction pages if you can do a traceroute and get that to the support team [email protected] they can look into what is causing the issue.

•••
wrong, godaddy gave me 48 hours to pay for an auction I won.
I was out of town, they sold it to the next highest bidder and charged me a $50 admin fee.
They never called me to ask about a credit card number or paypal address.
Although some idiot from Godaddy does call me 2x a week to tell me about domains dropping or to tell me I need privacy on all 500 names I own.
If it is an expired domain you get 2-3 days to pay before we try and collect payment on our side. If your payment methods on file do not work then we ban your auction account for non payment. The agreements say you should make payment when the auctions end so to avoid this in the future you should try and pay the day the auction ends. This is because we have a tight deadline with the expired auctions and the timeline where we have to drop the name or renew it with the registry.
On a non expired - customer selling a domain to another customer- you have 30 days as a system timeout but any time after 5 days you can contact support and they will help collect payment etc, [email protected]. Hope that clears things up.

•••
i suggest anyone who was involved in negotiations check their negotiation status.

this morning I woke up to a major bug where all offer expiry dates were set to 6/5 8am (today).. no matter if they were made 1 day ago.. 2 days.. or 4.. so essentially all offers were expired.. all negotiation broken off.. and buyer/seller free to walk away.

I wonder how many accounts were affected by this. a particulsrly nasty bug, that I hope does not ever repeat.. for anyone.

35656565.JPG

•••
2 or 3 days? which is it?
I have many payment options associated, only one was attempted.
and why do I get phone calls from sales holes almost every day telling me I need privacy on all my domains or I need to renew domains that are 2 months from expiring, but I dont get a call about a $xxxx domain that I won at auction that is having issues with the payment?

•••
2 or 3 days? which is it?
I have many payment options associated, only one was attempted.
and why do I get phone calls from sales holes almost every day telling me I need privacy on all my domains or I need to renew domains that are 2 months from expiring, but I dont get a call about a $xxxx domain that I won at auction that is having issues with the payment?
It is 2 or 3. It is done manually and depending on when the team can get to it that is when it is processed. Most people pay when they win the domain or try and login and pay any unpaid domains once a day if they are active. If any slip through the team tries to collect payment manually but the terms say you should be paying for the auction wins after the auction is over.

•••
If it is an expired domain you get 2-3 days to pay before we try and collect payment on our side. If your payment methods on file do not work then we ban your auction account for non payment. The agreements say you should make payment when the auctions end so to avoid this in the future you should try and pay the day the auction ends. This is because we have a tight deadline with the expired auctions and the timeline where we have to drop the name or renew it with the registry.
On a non expired - customer selling a domain to another customer- you have 30 days as a system timeout but any time after 5 days you can contact support and they will help collect payment etc, [email protected]. Hope that clears things up.

@Joe Styler

Hi,

I emailed your support asking them help to collect the payment for a non expired after 5 days, buy they refused to it, here is what they said,

Support Staff Response
Jack,

It appears the domain name is in a "Pending bidder purchase" status. We request customers pay for domains within five (5) business days, but customers are afforded up to thirty (30) days to complete purchases of non-expired domains won through our marketplace. However, a seller is permitted to request cancellation of an unpaid transaction after fifteen (15) days, and this will be honored. The buyer is emailed payment reminder notices after seven (7) and fourteen (14) days.

Regards,

Václav Růžička
Aftermarket Support Group
Tier II
GoDaddy.com, LLC

•••
why are auctions sales above $5k processed by escrow.com instead of in-house/via afternic?

•••
Most auction sales are processed in house. Only some member to member sales which we deem higher risk are sent to escrow. By higher risk I just mean as a group not individual sales and that sales where we do not have direct control over the domain or the money are riskier than ones where we do.

•••
where we do not have direct control over the domain or the money are riskier than ones where we do.

do buyers know they'll have to open an escrow.com account before they hit BIN in such a case? also, what is the punishment for a fake buyer - do they have to pay the commission or do they just get perma-banned from godaddy auctions?

•••
GoDaddy refusing to refund me for a paid 90 day homepage listing paid on the 1st of Jan, despite the non-payer taking my name off the marketplace/listing from 1st of March, and it not even being 1st of April yet. IDK why I even bothered using this

Last edited:
•••
You can get a refund. Send me the info on a pm.

•••
@Joe Styler do you provide another option if the buyer/seller is unable to make an account with escrow.com ?

•••
sometimes, it depends. Usually not though, if escrow does not want to do business with the party it is usually higher risk than we want to take on. You can email auctions@godaddy for a specific sale and they can answer based on that sale.

•••
Hello, @Joe Styler

Used to receive payments 1-2 days after transfer to buyer (with paypal payee account)
and truth is that with new payment processor things gone much much better.

Last 8 days though "payout scheduled" message at sales, but no payments for a week or so, changed something or is there a specific case this week?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
and now a LLLL I bought last week has been cancelled due to a fake seller - the 🤡 even tried negotiating with me by comment 🤦🏼‍♂️

really hope these non-buyers and non-sellers are getting perma-banned. they aren't good for the platform

Screenshot 2021-03-26 at 18.04.41.png

Last edited:
•••
Back