Dynadot

GoDaddy Appraised Values...help or hurt?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I should be selling all day long... I looked up one of my domain names on GoDaddy, for example Yrces.com, and I'm asking 250.00 and underneath of it Go Daddy says it's valued at 1103.00? If someone wanted the name would the high valuation compared to my lower price make them wonder if there's something wrong with the name? Where do they come up with these valuations anyway? They are all much higher then what I'm asking for most my domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is a pricing 'strategy' on some names with Min Offer based on GD value and BIN being a percentage higher however maybe 'strategy' is not the best word choice but if if's not considered a strategy what is it?

I did not think it was necessary to read the proper English dictionary definition and recommended word usage or a thesaurus to use the word. In one word how would you describe it Joe?
A random pricing decision?

No offense intended, I just don't find GD valuations to make much sense.

•••
Some other fantastic misspellings you guys will probably want to scoop up right away:

Vayguss.com - No-brainer. GD valuation tool says "Vegas" sells for an average of $2,026. I've been to Vegas 17 times, so I know what I'm talking about.

Phynanse.com - "Finance" has an average sale price of $2,167 according to GD, so naturally you should jump all over this one.

Marckitt.com - "Market" sells for an average of $1,827, so basically just buy this one and then sit back and wait for the profits to roll in.

Guys, I've named over a hundred stuffed animals and started over a million sentences, so this whole domain business is child's play for me.

•••
Well, there is always a Murder of Crows...then again, that would be a negative too, if you're afraid of a lot of large smart birds. ;) Haven't bought Myrder, but I sure would have bought Murder if it had been available, negative or not. Plenty of negative folks in the world...sadly.
More good points though. As an ex Real Estate Agent, I like Killer.Homes, good luck with that one!

And Joe, I helped my granddaughter name scores and scores of stuff animals through the years... so that should help too, right?

Last edited:
•••
Don't use automated appraisals. Analyzing:

TLD Demand
CPC
Search volume
Search Trend
Industry market capitalization / Cost per unit of work(if applicable)
Similar domain sales

Will get you at a much more realistic valuation. It may take you many hours looking at hundreds of thousands of domains to get a feel for it, but in the end it'll segment your need for any appraisal tool....ever.

Last edited:
•••
I think the GD Tool can be useful because of the "Comparable Sales" it shows. And it can really help as a seller when you are asking less than the GD Valuation. Just provide a link to the person inquiring and show how the GD Valuation is higher than your asking price...

And even if you are asking more than the GD Valuation (within reason) you can still provide a link to show the GD Valuation. I think it provides some level of "comfort" to the buyer that at least there's a tool that justifies paying "X" amount for a domain name. Of course this is only for end-users -- it does not work as good for fellow domainers...

•••
I should be selling all day long... I looked up one of my domain names on GoDaddy, for example Yrces.com, and I'm asking 250.00 and underneath of it Go Daddy says it's valued at 1103.00? If someone wanted the name would the high valuation compared to my lower price make them wonder if there's something wrong with the name? Where do they come up with these valuations anyway? They are all much higher then what I'm asking for most my domains.
It is all in the "spin"..
"Appraised at GoDaddy at $1100+. Can be yours at $250.00! Offer limited time only"
(Include Godaddy link)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back