IT.COM

GoDaddy and NameLiquidate !!

NameSilo
Watch

lovely4ever

Top Member
Impact
I have noticed recently that everytime i unlock domain ( not planning to renew ) at godaddy and add it to nameliquidate to try to sell , at godaddy domain status change from listed to ( compliance check failure ) !
and the domain status at afternic changed immediately from listed to ( inreview ) !!
That is happening even if the domain still has few days or a week or more to expire !!

Also i received email that your domains removed from afternic premium network !!

in this case the domain will never show at godaddy auction and afternic MLS , and will get zero chance to sell before expiry .

Anybody has idea why this conflict happening ? and is it once we unlock any domain this must happen ??
OR godaddy did it to prevent anyone to sell at nameliquidate becuase they belong to EPIK !!?

1657114516097.png

1657114606277.png

1657116384218.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That would be some major dodgy stuff it is happening on a larger scale.

Let's assume this is a glitch.

If others are seeing it, keep posting the evidence in this thread and we'll ask Aman Bhutani to explain.

•••
That would be some major dodgy stuff it is happening on a larger scale.

Let's assume this is a glitch.

If others are seeing it, keep posting the evidence in this thread and we'll ask Aman Bhutani to explain.

hey rob welcome back, lovely to see you here after a while, how is your other forum going ? :)

•••
•••
I have noticed recently that everytime i unlock domain ( not planning to renew ) at godaddy and add it to nameliquidate to try to sell , at godaddy domain status change from listed to ( compliance check failure ) !
and the domain status at afternic changed immediately from listed to ( inreview ) !!
That is happening even if the domain still has few days or a week or more to expire !!

Also i received email that your domains removed from afternic premium network !!
This is really not surprising, is it? I mean, it's GoDaddy at the end of the day.

Here is Afternic resellers network page with a list of registrars both premium and standard.

Suggested readings:

https://onlinedomain.com/2021/09/29/domain-name-news/the-afternic-premium-network-list-is-a-mess/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/pl...-afternic-before-listing-at-auctions.1240254/

Remember Hanlon's razor (paraphrasing) => never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

•••
We may just have to block Godaddy from scraping NameLiquidate if that is in fact what they are doing, but first step is to compile the evidence and to give Godaddy a chance to not violate Anti-trust.

The main thing is to make sure that sellers can still list on NameLiquidate successfully. If that is the case, the loss of a few days of listing on Afternic is really of no great consequence.

•••
We may just have to block Godaddy from scraping NameLiquidate if that is in fact what they are doing, but first step is to compile the evidence and to give Godaddy a chance to not violate Anti-trust.

The main thing is to make sure that sellers can still list on NameLiquidate successfully. If that is the case, the loss of a few days of listing on Afternic is really of no great consequence.

Maybe we just have to stop talking about Godaddy and keep doing our thing. Only 10 of the 100 top sales YTD are Afternic or Godaddy. IMO this is why they got in on DAN, but if there's a way they'll mess that up too.

At the end of the day, it is what it is.

•••
Maybe we just have to stop talking about Godaddy and keep doing our thing. Only 10 of the 100 top sales YTD are Afternic or Godaddy. IMO this is why they got in on DAN, but if there's a way they'll mess that up too.

At the end of the day, it is what it is.
Dying Dinosaur Monopolist. DDM.

•••
A monopoly in an active industry is not a dying entity. They're making purchases, they're doing their thing. Do I like it? No. But dying? Not yet.

•••
Hi

why do you feel the need to "unlock" a domain, regardless to whether you plan to renew or not?

as the name can remain locked, while nameservers are changed to another platform/marketplace.

only time you need to unlock, is if you are transferring to another registrar.

also, by "unlocking" the name, you change it's status at the registrar, so that may initiate those notices.

imo...

•••
Hi

why do you feel the need to "unlock" a domain, regardless to whether you plan to renew or not?

as the name can remain locked, while nameservers are changed to another platform/marketplace.

only time you need to unlock, is if you are transferring to another registrar.

also, by "unlocking" the name, you change it's status at the registrar, so that may initiate those notices.

imo...
To list a domain at nameliquidate you need to unlock the domain and get the authorization code and
submit both at nameliquidate .

Last edited:
•••
To list a domain at nameliquidate you need to unlock the domain and get the authorization code and
submit both at nameliquidate .

Hi

if, that's the case,
then that is a marketplace requirement of that platform.
by moving it there, then you may be "obligated".

if so, then it's logical that the name would change status at previous registrar and "auction status" with afternic, surely would be affected by the move.

from a logical point of view

imo....

•••
Hi

if, that's the case,
then that is a marketplace requirement of that platform.
by moving it there, then you may be "obligated".

if so, then it's logical that the name would change status at previous registrar and "auction status" with afternic, surely would be affected by the move.

from a logical point of view

imo....
The domain will not be moved to nameliquidate unless someone buy it from nameliquidate auction ,
if no one bought it the domain will stay at same registrar ( godaddy ) .
i have done this many times before to list domains at nameliquidate , but the status of domain at godaddy and afternic was never changed , Just recently godaddy and afternic behaviour changed towards domains listed at nameliquidate .

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back