Dynadot

question GoDaddy and auction prices

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello everybody,

Sorry if this issue has already been discussed here, but I must know...
It happened a few times last month, a certain auction got to an $xxxx price and then, suddenly, the price dropped to a $XXX range.
Does a bidder has the ability to erase and cancel a bid that was made?!
I once called godaddy asking to cancel ASAP a bid I made by mistake (DAMN MOBILE PHONE!), but they told me it's impossible for the domain to get to the 5 figures I entered by mistake, so they can't do anything! And the representative even had to add and "remind" me that the auction is binding and I will must pay the winning bid!
I turned blue and then green and I thought I was about to get crazy, when it finally stopped at the $450 line. Not to bad, but neither good enough because the domain was pretty bad...
So I'll be happy to receive an answer, how is it possible?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's because GD are monitoring their auctions for fake bidders. They will cancel their bids and revert to the next highest bid, before the fake bidder got involved in the bidding.

•••
It's because GD are monitoring their auctions for fake bidders. They will cancel their bids and revert to the next highest bid, before the fake bidder got involved in the bidding.
Thanks Stub!
That's strange. If they know who is a fake, why should they let them to join the auction program?
So there is no way to cancel a bid?

•••
They only find out from tracking their activity. But you shouldn't worry, because they will cancel any bids which not only they had, but also any competing bids. They will put the auction back to the point when the fake bidder entered the auction. So GoDaddy doesn't try to get you to pay any inflated price. They are very fair about it. No you cannot cancel a bid once it has been placed. But GoDaddy will if there has been fake bids in the auction. Reducing the auction price to that when the fake bidder entered the auction.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back