Dynadot

GoDaddy Account Push Option Now Requesting Email Confirmations From All Parties???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Anyone come across a push, and from taking 1 minute, it now takes however long it takes for all parties to confirm email confirmations.

First it will send an email asking you to confirm the account change then it will ask the other party to confirm the account change, then once confirmed it will go back into pending update, and start the push process? At which point the incoming account party has to manually accept the account push.

Updates have been submitted and can take up to 5 days to display.

I got like 5 emails over the course of a single push.

It was a real pain, the newbie experience will not be fun, Anyone come across this yet?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm going through it right now for the first time and the domain is showing "pending update" status after like 30 minutes and still haven't received an email from Godaddy to approve the push.

I can see this being a real big pain in the a when dealing with buyers that don't check emails often. Now it will take like 2 weeks to complete a sale. I might have to start using a new registrar this is ridiculous.

Made a couple sales earlier in the week with no problem, I don't understand the need for this.
Guys, I'm trying to get this topic out there, email your reps to let them know this is an issue.

If the other party does not click that change of registration email, your domain will stay in that status for 5 days, and there is nothing you can do about it.

I have been locked out of a push as it is stuck in pending status all day yesterday, with an end user sale. Godaddy technical support has been unable to get it out of pending status as it is stuck.

Another thing is when Godaddy systems get busy, it's gets slow, emails gets delayed, and domain updates take forever. They have not done anything to improve their systems to make this stream better, just bog down their systems more.

They told me to wait until morning for it to be taken care of people who work in the morning, whatever that means. Meantime buyer is pissed.

Last edited:
•••
A moment ago, while reading this tread, I was the buyer in a NamePros transaction that used a GoDaddy push. Everything on my end was the same as usual. Got the "Change of registrant – action required" email, logged into my GoDaddy account and accepted the name. It was in my account within minutes.

•••
A moment ago, while reading this tread, I was the buyer in a NamePros transaction that used a GoDaddy push. Everything on my end was the same as usual. Got the "Change of registrant – action required" email, logged into my GoDaddy account and accepted the name. It was in my account within minutes.

You did not get an email first stating:

Contact info changes pending.

You have 5 days to approve the updates you requested to the domain(s) below.
ICANN, the organization that oversees domain name policies, requires confirmation of contact info changes from both current and new registrants. You requested updates for: DOMAIN NAME

•••
No, when I was the buyer there was no additional email for the transaction, other than the "Your domain transfer was completed successfully." email I just received.

I just gave a name away so I can try the GoDaddy push as a seller. Will report back.

Edit: Update - As a seller pushing the name, I received an email saying "Contact info changes pending. You have 5 days to approve the updates you requested to the domain(s) below." with a link to verify the old contact info changing to the new contact info.

Also says "We won't change anything unless we receive your approval within 5 days. To stop the update and remove the 5-day DNS domain lock, follow the cancellation instructions here."

Last edited:
•••
No, there was no additional email for the transaction, other than the "Your domain transfer was completed successfully." email I just received.

I just gave a name away so I can try the GoDaddy push as a seller. Will report back.

I have uploaded a screenshot of the new push confirmation email some of us are getting.

So both parties have to click the link, takes you to a page shows both your who info, both parties have to accept the changes at that link, when that is done, then the old process starts of having to log in, and accept the account change. If one party does not accept, it stays in pending update status for 5 days.

You cannot have privacy enabled either during this process, or it will fail.

Attachments

• neemail.png
    neemail.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
•••
I am getting that as the seller, but not as the buyer/recipient. Are you seeing it from both sides of the transaction?

•••
I am getting that as the seller, but not as the buyer/recipient. Are you seeing it from both sides of the transaction?
I have experienced it on both sides now

Unless both sides click the link, review each others whois details, and confirm them... the push will not start into the manually accept page of accepting an incoming account change. Most godaddy help desk reps are unaware also of it.

When I clicked the email on my side, I get the following message:

Updates have been submitted and can take up to 5 days to display.

Last edited:
•••
Have not tried a push today , but thank you for letting us know about this ! :)

•••
Have not tried a push today , but thank you for letting us know about this ! :)
Your welcome, getting a first time buyer to accept an Incoming domain push, is a step by step procedure as it is, so I have a female end user who is having a very hard time getting thru all the steps, and being on the other side, on the outside looking in, without any sort of status page, it is impossible to walk them thru it.

So when she calls Godaddy, most of the reps are clueless to the change, so she comes back more frustrated than ever. We have got godaddy to restart it, and I have to spend an hour walking her thru every single click now.

Last edited:
•••
Your welcome, getting a first time buyer to accept an Incoming domain push, is a step by step procedure as it is, so I have a female end user who is having a very hard time getting thru all the steps, and being on the other side, on the outside looking in, without any sort of status page, it is impossible to walk them thru it.

So when she calls Godaddy, most of the reps are clueless to the change, so she comes back more frustrated than ever. We have got godaddy to restart it, and I have to spend an hour walking her thru every single click now.

Totally agree ! trying to explain to people who does not know what they are doing is hard enough , now this is going to make things even more complicated.

•••
just pushed a sold domain to end user
got that "Please approve your contact info update" email
confirmed contact info update
took about 5 min for the buyer to get the name into his account
don't know what the buyer had to go thru on his side thou

...i keep gradually moving to Namesilo anyway

•••
just pushed a sold domain to end user
got that "Please approve your contact info update" email
confirmed contact info update
took about 5 min for the buyer to get the name into his account
don't know what the buyer had to go thru on his side thou

...i keep gradually moving to Namesilo anyway

Thanks, was this a domainer to domainer sale, or an end user, there is a learning curve when dealing with a user who has some comfort level of the platform, and those who are completely clueless.

Also the godaddy account change FAQ, reads as if it is written by an 8th grader, impossible to follow for a simple account change. Takes 4 page downs to get thru the FAQ.

https://ca.godaddy.com/help/move-a-domain-to-another-godaddy-account-822

•••
I just completed the push now. The only real problem for me was the delay in the time it took Godaddy to send me the approval email. Godaddy's been really slow as of late.

•••
I just completed the push now. The only real problem for me was the delay in the time it took Godaddy to send me the approval email. Godaddy's been really slow as of late.
So 4 hours, to another experienced domainer?

•••
An experienced end-user. Took longer because she was in a conference call. The worst part was the time it took for Godaddy to send the approval email to me. They had sent one to her as soon as I initiated the push.

To be honest, the only reason I still use Godaddy is because of the amount of endusers that use them and only want their domains at Godaddy. I've had many potential buyers ask me to email them when "it can be transferred to Godaddy".

Last edited:
•••
Thanks, was this a domainer to domainer sale, or an end user, there is a learning curve when dealing with a user who has some comfort level of the platform, and those who are completely clueless.

end user sale. but the buyer has plenty of names with godaddy. so everything was fast and smooth.

clueless users is a pain... we need a slick single page website with clear well written step-by-step instruction for clueless/first-time buyers on how to deal with transfers/pushes at most popular registrars. maybe someone who has the skills here would devote his time and effort to writing it. then just send a user the link and an escrow invoice...
i would host it for free on digitalocean :)

•••
I understand what you are saying about the change of account and what is happening but I am pretty sure it is in error and not a new path we have pushed out on purpose. I am looking into it.

•••
I understand what you are saying about the change of account and what is happening but I am pretty sure it is in error and not a new path we have pushed out on purpose. I am looking into it.

Thank You for the follow up Joe, hearing that makes a world of difference.

•••
I've been having issues transferring names into GoDaddy recently -- maybe it's all connected.

For at least a couple days, purchasing a transfer was not automatically sending out the codes like usual. For every transfer, I had to go back and manually tell it to "Resend Transfer IDs" and even then, over the weekend, that was not working. Then on Monday, I got hit with tons of transfer e-mails all at once (the ones with the codes and the other e-mail that doesn't have the codes in it).

I've also had a problem transferring names from Dotster/MyDomain into GoDaddy that I never experienced in the past, where GoDaddy thinks the e-mail in the WhoIs is [email protected], rather than my actual e-mail which is in the WhoIs. That issue has been slowly self-correcting over days as the system (or maybe GoDaddy employees?) seem to be realizing what the real e-mail is and allowing me to approve transfer on those names one by one. But still a few are stuck with this [email protected] issue, which I'm hoping will just fix itself over the next couple days like the other names have done.

•••
@Nat Hunt - for transfers out of GD, instead of going to each domain and requesting the auth code, I've found it easier and faster to go to exportable lists and download a .CSV list of all my domains with auth codes included. It is much more efficient.

•••
@RJ Thanks. I was talking about incoming transfers, though.

•••
This issue caused a lot of confusion in one of my transactions yesterday which spilled over into today. I also called support and they didn't seem to be aware of the change. As a seller, transferring out of Godaddy is now easier than pushing to another GD account.

I wonder if you can bypass all this nonsense by choosing not to update the contact information to the new account holder's info during the push process? The buyer would have to update the contact info manually once the domain is in their account.

I really hope they reverse this change. As others have said, it'll be a pain when you're not dealing with other domainers and those are the transactions that you really want to go smoothly.

•••
Whoops, my apologies for that, Nat!

Back to the @wwwweb's OP, I am curious if the seller's setting for "Domain's contact information:" has anything to do with the additional email confirmation. There are three options when you push a name:
  • Enter new details
  • Use details from specified customer account
  • Do not change
I always pick the second option. You also?

•••
Whoops, my apologies for that, Nat!

Back to the @wwwweb's OP, I am curious if the seller's setting for "Domain's contact information:" has anything to do with the additional email confirmation. There are three options when you push a name:
  • Enter new details
  • Use details from specified customer account
  • Do not change
I always pick the second option. You also?

I always picking second option also. As Joe mentioned something has gone wrong somewhere. Maybe they implemented the transfer out/in measures into the push platform. I am not sure, but it is just a lot or work.

It would be nice to see the godaddy app, accept, and start pushes.

•••
This issue caused a lot of confusion in one of my transactions yesterday which spilled over into today. I also called support and they didn't seem to be aware of the change. As a seller, transferring out of Godaddy is now easier than pushing to another GD account.

I wonder if you can bypass all this nonsense by choosing not to update the contact information to the new account holder's info during the push process? The buyer would have to update the contact info manually once the domain is in their account.

I really hope they reverse this change. As others have said, it'll be a pain when you're not dealing with other domainers and those are the transactions that you really want to go smoothly.

Same, I had a transaction that took about 26 hours, as I was dealing with a newbie, who is horrified after this experience.

This domain we brought over into godaddy, to push into their account to make it easy for them. They own a small business, and were going to buy hosting, and setup a website all in one place, godaddy, so this is a great revenue stream. This person called support 3 times, and was given misinformation all 3 times.

I had to call, and was able to get thru to only 2 people who knew what they were talking about, out of 4 I spoke to, we were finally able to get the push cancelled, and restarted, as it got stuck in a pending update status.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back