Dynadot

GoDaddy - Anyone else having issues with GD service quality?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ollie3000

Top Member
Impact
I'm having loads of issues with GD in the UK at the moment.....

Almost all domain mx records disappeared on my domains with email forwards - massive headache for me and my customers. They have no idea how it happened?! So no when I set one up I have to be on hold for a lifetime just to check that everything is ok.

Customer service used to be great and fast but now it's terrible - automated system no longer recognizes me, been on hold for an hour today already. First call half an hour and then they hung up, so back on hold again. Estimated wait time 12 mins, actual wait time 60 mins and counting!

I have roughly 200 domains with them and 50 WP sites. - I shouldn't have to wait this length of time to sort out problems.

@Joe Styler - have GD reduced there staffing levels in the UK? I always seem to go through to the US now.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Finally got through and the lady from India says there is now no UK support office - If that's true it's shocking.

•••
We have not closed any offices in the UK. In fact we have opened additional support in the EU so your call should stay within the EU if the UK is super busy. I am not sure why you went to India, that doesn't make sense. But rest assured we still have UK support.

•••
We have not closed any offices in the UK. In fact we have opened additional support in the EU so your call should stay within the EU if the UK is super busy. I am not sure why you went to India, that doesn't make sense. But rest assured we still have UK support.

UK is leaving EU, Joe. Haven't you heard :)

•••
All my calls to a GD UK number get diverted to the US. I don't really care, so long as there's someone competent with good diction (no offence Indian call centres) on the other end of the line to sort out my query, quickly, which is often the case.

Last edited:
•••
All my calls to a GD UK number get diverted to the US. I don't really care, so long as there's someone competent with good diction (no offence Indian call centres) on the other end of the line to sort out my query, quickly, which is often the case.

Yea to clarify, no issue with US call centre but big issue with the amount of time it now takes to get through when calling the the UK number. Used to be almost instant and certainly no more than 10 mins but now it's a massive wait and because of the issues I've been having, I'm calling a lot!

•••

Thanks Joe. I don't know what's happening with call waiting times though, something internal has changed for sure.

•••
I let the VP know and they are looking into it. It appears the wait times are higher than they like and they are working on reducing them.

•••
Back