Dynadot

registrars .gg – Has Channel Island Hosting gone AWOL for you?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MediaCode

MediaCode.comVIP Member
Impact
Re: .gg domain names at Channel Island Hosting –

Has anyone else been getting no responses from the team at Channel Island Hosting (channelislandhosting.net) over the past month? I put in two tickets at the beginning of March and have heard nothing back from the team, which is HIGHLY unusual as they typically respond within hours and never longer than 24 hours. I have gone around the ticket system to send emails directly to the company and individual team members but there has been absolutely no response from anyone through any channel. Are you having the same experience with Channel Island at the moment?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Re: .gg domain names at Channel Island Hosting –

Has anyone else been getting no responses from the team at Channel Island Hosting (channelislandhosting.net) over the past month? I put in two tickets at the beginning of March and have heard nothing back from the team, which is HIGHLY unusual as they typically respond within hours and never longer than 24 hours. I have gone around the ticket system to send emails directly to the company and individual team members but there has been absolutely no response from anyone through any channel. Are you having the same experience with Channel Island at the moment?
Yes, I am having the same problem.

And the scariest thing of all -- often when you pay for a domain renewal, it does not reflect as paid in their system. And I have dozens that show as expired when they were actually paid months ago. CIH's answer? "Don't worry about it". They say it's ok on their end. Even though from a customer perspective, it looks... well... terrifying. Especially, if you have hundreds with them. This makes me wonder if I actually still own some of my inventory.

Does any of this sound familiar?

•••
•••
Yes, I am having the same problem.

And the scariest thing of all -- often when you pay for a domain renewal, it does not reflect as paid in their system. And I have dozens that show as expired when they were actually paid months ago. CIH's answer? "Don't worry about it". They say it's ok on their end. Even though from a customer perspective, it looks... well... terrifying. Especially, if you have hundreds with them. This makes me wonder if I actually still own some of my inventory.

Does any of this sound familiar?

I have the opposite issue: names that I have transferred away from CIH are still listed in my account as "Active".

•••
The hostmaster2016 address does reach us, but is not the best way of getting our attention, as there is a lot of spam to it. Please see the contact us tab on the CHANNELISLES.NET website for the best way to get in touch.

We are always very happy to assist if you have any issues or questions about .GG domains, irrespective of whether they are registered through locai or international registrars, or direct. But if you have a problem, do please try and work things out with your registrar before asking for our help.

If you want to check the date when the Annual Fee is due for any .GG domain name, please use our WHOIS server, which will give you the authoritative answer.

Please note that .GG domain names remain registered unless positively cancelled by the relevant registrar, so the date is shown without the year. And the annual fee is paid automatically by your registrar on the due date (anniversary of registration).

There is then an Annual Fee Grace period of 30 days, where the fee is automatically refunded if the domain is cancelled. So for example, for the domain ROBERTS.GG (see below WHOIS), the registrar will be debited the Annual Fee on 24th April 2022, and it will remain registered.

If a cancellation is received before 24th May 2022 the registrar wll be refunded in full. If later than that date, no refund will be made.

I hope the above helps.

nigel =at= channelisles.net

$ whois roberts.gg
Domain:
roberts.gg

Domain Status:
Active

Registrant:
Redacted for privacy

Registrar:
Alderney Domains

Relevant dates:
Registered on 24th April 1997 at 00:00:00.000
Registry fee due on 24th April in each year

Registration status:
Registered until cancelled

Name servers:
ns1.livedns.co.uk
ns2.livedns.co.uk

WHOIS lookup made on Thu, 21 Apr 2022 at 14:50:39 BST

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back